Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] Playstyles! What are yours?
I am a fan of everything from stall to balance. If I play offensively it will usually be from some form of weather, or field condition.

Balance is perhaps my favorite because of how simple it is to do. just use the team magma team builder, make everything salmon color and you're good usually. Weather however is a bit tricky to me. It is a hyper offense stype I know so I don't have ot worry too much about defensive typing, but the abilities and mons are very restrictive so I tend to have soemthing weird like a sawsbuck.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
I used to be a huge stall advocate, curse umbreon for example, though moving onto VGC battling stall really isn't an option. This obviously forced me to adapt and now i would say that I play a predictive / offensive play style.
Though Isn't this true for most VGC players? Set up sweepers are really very rare (I know we've seen the likes of D-dance M-Gyarados) but as shown by VGC15, most teams revolve around a hyper offensive core; lando, M-kang etc, with some bulky extras; cress, amoongy. It's a shame that the current meta practically forces this play style, which is why it's always nice to see and fun to try out new strategies that appear; geomancy smeargle and Voidcatz to name two. Mixing it up on battlespot with lesser seen strategies is a nice change of pace, and though it may not be as reliable as the standard VGC builds, its my current fav playstyle
I guess it would help if we mentioned what format we play in lol, I play singles, doubles is complicated to me :L

Yuo can't really blame the meta for being so stagnant though. We as humans as a majority, gravitate to what is perceived as the best, until something shuts down what the best is, and gravitate towards that. That is counterplay, and it is part of every game that allows you customization like pokemon does. However, with 6th generation not adding many new mons that can challenge what we've seen at worlds reliably the meta has no reasons to change. I'll still go in with my patented swalot quagsire core, but sometimes it is of no use :L
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
I guess I tend to play with a more offensive team backed by Tailwind. Like if you've seen my matches in Justin's tournaments then you'll know that if you see my Rise Falcon the Talonflame then you can expect the Tailwind. (I've done it enough times now to where it's kinda like my signature play.)

I know I'll find myself using Cores such as Mega Metagross/Hydreigon and then Discharge Thundurus-T and Mega Sceptile (I've learned its more important to have it Scarfed then with Specs) and I know I continue to find myself putting Sylveon on all my teams since it has the merit of being really good on top of it being my favorite pokemon. Other than those 4 I try to find just Mons that are overall good (Competitive Milotic, components of CHALK, Greninja, etc, etc) Those last 2 seems to be a problem for me since I always have problems with building teams but I somehow manage to work with what I got
I like to go on the offensive. My Pokemon either outspeed or tank everything, and then OHKO stuff. This is demonstrated in my newest team. The thread is called Rate my Team; Japan Sand Variant, but I changed it so much that the only way it is similar to Japan Sand is Mega Salamence.
I'm more of a defensive player.

Offense wins games. Defense wins championships!
I have a balanced play style. I find that leaning too far towards the offensive or defensive end makes it tough to overcome certain team match-ups. I like teams that are able to play from behind so I always have a chance to pull out a win. I also try to build my team so it doesn't completely rely on one or two Pokémon.
hmmm... guys i made a thread regarding playstyles and strategies....
what bout that?like 4 comments?
i'm feelin betrayed.
well i am a trickster i use mega venusaur with all teammates complementing each other like
venusaur:lapras that was a sick ice shard!
lapras:oh venusaur that was an amazing giga drain too!

-adolf hipstar
My style in singles was one big stall festival and status giveaway, it was extremely defensive. In doubles, my style is a lot more versatile and I'm drawn to a more aggressive approach.