Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Gamestop Mew Code Giveaway!
Hey guys, so I wanted to do a small giveaway for those who might not have a Gamestop store close by to get a code for the Mew distribution this month. I went to two Gamestop stores and was able to get three codes. I'm going to keep one for myself, use another one for trading, and give the last one away.

In the spirit of celebrating Pokemon's 20th anniversary, I would like users to write about how Pokemon has influenced you over the years. I'll pick one person at random later on today to give the code to. It's 4:22PM EST right now and I'll keep this thread open until 9:00PM EST tonight so people have a chance to tell their story!

If you don't win, no worries! I am putting one of for trade so you can always make an offer.
i fo sho need one xD Actually the first gen of pokemon was the reason i made so much friends back when i was a kid, one guy in my class had bought the pikachu's edition gameboy and he let me play on lunch break, later that year we had 5 other friends also playing and trading pokemons.

i still play with some of them
Well Pokemon for me is one of those games that I spent a lot of time playing as a kid. I was quite the loner/shy kid in school, but one day some guys from my class saw me playing Pokemon leaf green, they were also huge Pokemon fans and I was able to relate to them rather quickly and soon enough we became friends. I'm currently in 12th grade and my friends and I still play Pokemon a lot (which gets us in trouble with the teachers sometimes, but I say it's worth it xD). Now I just want to say this, I already have a Mew (lvl 5) from another Pokemon event years ago. The reason why I'm sending this message is because one of my friends is desperate for a Mew since it's literally the only Pokemon he is missing from the whole 721 and I've been trying to get him one since there are no gamestops here. Well thank you for listening to my story and for your time. ^_^
pokemon was my jam when i was on elementary and i never grew out of it, even though i am not such a fan of the new gens the original 151 always have been my favourites especially evee and charmander so its really fun to be back at pokemon with pokemon y
I met pokemon when I was on 5th grade. I didnt know anything of it but once I saw it on a comercial. I wanted too much that Victini, so I bought Pokemon Black. I was so obssesed that I completed the entire history in 15 hours. I got every one of the legendaries available.

A year after that, I bought a R4 and downloaded all pokemon games from Diamond/Pearl to Heartgold/Soulsilver. I used hacks on the last one, so the game crashed and couldn´t beat Red (Too lazy to start over again).

Then, I bought myself Pokemon White 2. I didn´t like it like the Black one, but it had a better story.Anyways, I completed it in less than a day and left it like that.

When Pokemon X was released, I bought it and a nintendo 3DS. This was so confusing because I had a lot of time without playing pokemon and there was a lot of new pokemon, but I adapted to it quickly and completed it.

When Omega Ruby was announced, I was so happy to play finally that version without having a Game Boy. It was the second best pokemon game ever (My first is SoulSilver). I completed it and keep playing until I realized I had more that a half of my pokedex complete without even trying to complete it. For a month I was in "Wonder trading stage", so I just connected for that. Then I started to get so many good pokemon in good shape and Rare Candies, so I started getting interesting and usuable pokemon and started EV training and leveling them up.

Then I was on the "Oh look I have 6 Charizards so I am so OP and can beat anyone" stage. Then, I started here on Pokemon Forever. I met a girl who wanted to fight, because he was armying a new competitive team and wanted to test it, so I said myself: why not?

She gave me the beat of my pokemon life and gave me some advices. I followed them, and started making good teams. I beated a lot of teams, and losed to many others. Then the "Giveaways era" of Pokemon Forever started and left the competitive battles for a while to get new pokemon and think of some strategies.

Right now Im on the "I love pokemon, but I need to make other stuff" stage. I´m on a break of Pokemon Forever. Im just connecting to see whats up, and some times I just spend 2 hours here and playing pokemon. I will start playing pokemon addictively one more time because I miss it, so here I am. Writing this massively large story just to get a Mew. But hey, it is worth it.

No one of my friends play pokemon, and they dont need to know that Im still doing it because they are some creepy btches and will make fun of me (in a friendly way).

Anyways, if they knew, I still wouldn´t care and I will keep playing pokemon until Game Freak decides to not make any other game, because now pokemon is a part of my life.
I used to play a lot on heartgold. That was the only game I used to play until X and Y came out. Now I'm really into shiny hunting. On my heartgold I found 4 shiny Pokemon. Now I have gotten so many more shiny Pokemon. I also now enjoy completing the Pokedex. I like to collect a lot of rare candies so when people offer a good Pokemon like mew, I can just use some rare candies to get it. I just hope the maitnence break won't take too long
Well, the first time I really started playing pokemon was during 4th Generation. The first game my dad bought me was HeartGold, Then, I found out that alot of my friends also play pokemon, so we had wifi battles often, trading some version exclusives to complete the dex, and hosting our own tournaments. It also kinda opened my a world of wonders for Pokemon and it had, out of no where, made me love it a lot. We still do it now days, but not that much, because we have to study a lot, so, more serious time, less fun time with friends. But, we still do this a lot during vacations.
Pokemon has made me turn into a monster.
Just kidding! But seriously, it's my most favorite game ever. Some of my friends played it before I did; one of my friends was seriously good at it too. When I finally got Y version, I freaked out. Like, a literal, crazy, freak out. My aunt got mad. Anyways, I lucked out in the game. At first I was a loner type of person, just playing the game with no Legends or hardly any Legends. Then, I found this one person on the PSS named Day. His message I saw said, "Mew 4 grabs". Then I freaked out again (even more than last time) when he accepted my trade offer, and when I found out the Mew was shiny. He did other "giveaways" too, such as Darkrai, Manaphy, Shaymin, etc. Ever since that I've been a major Pokemon fan. I'm planing on decorating my room in my house with Pokemon posters... Hope I get the Mew! Smile I don't actually care if I get it though... I already have 7 Mews in total. I'll still be kinda disappointed if I don't get it.
Great replies, guys! I was going to announce a winner, but with the maintenance break I figured that I'd extend it a bit further until it's back up. In the mean time, I'll provide my own story.

I've been a fan since before Red and Blue were released in America. I remember waking up early every day before school and watching the anime before heading to the bus stop. I was around 8 years old back then. Once the games were released, I remember bringing my Gameboy to school and battling and trading with my friends on the playground. I played the card game and went to tournaments at my local Toys'r'us and Borders stores. I even I bought a Japanese version of Pokemon Silver before it was released in American and my brother and I took turns playing it and tried to figure out what to do because it was in Japanese. I didn't play as much when Ruby and Sapphire were released, but I ended up getting back into it when Diamond and Pearl came out.

I don't have many friends that play unfortunately. Actually, none of my friends do. I love breeding and creating competitive teams nowadays. Pokemon X and Y are my favorite games because of how far they moved the franchise forward and made competitive battling easier to get into. I logged over 750 hours on my Pokemon Y game. I'm patiently waiting for a new main series game to come out!
Good luck all.