Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help with a vgc team
i am trying to build a vgc team any feedback and suggestions for a 6th poke,on is appreciated. Here is what i have so far

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect
- Ice Punch

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb
- Icy Wind
- Will-O-Wisp

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
First thoughts possibly a fire resist? like rotom wash maybe, also i'm not sure scrafty really benefits from all the speed investment being only base 58 possibly invest it more in HP and defences. Oh maybe switch gardevoir to a modest nature not an expert on it but i think with scarf + icy wind you can probably just maximise damage output. Apart from that it looks good just test it and see what gives it problems, hope this helps :]
dude the team is good but your mega seems a bit weak you could try maybe mega gyrados,mega kangaskhan or mega something else.scrafty is a very good taunt user so you should replace stone edge with taunt. mamoswine shouldn't be there on your team,i mean it is good with the defense but it's attack is terrible so try something to be your sweeper.you can put smething like an assault vest mmoswine to wreck enemies.repleace taunt on gengar with disable or destiny bond cuz taunt gengar?seriously?get an item like a life orb on him! other than than it's fine and i'm looking forward to battling with you
This is your type resistances table: http://prntscr.com/5xnl8a

As you can see your team has a lot of weaknesses plus your general bulk is poor. 252/252 spam is not optimal, because you can't survive common hits from major threats, and I was thinking you have a serious problem against MegaCharY and Aegiglash.

1) I can suggest you to run only one between SashGengar and ScarfGardevoir, since both have the same function (maybe Gengar is a better offensive support, but you can't run Focus Sash on anyone else).
2) Scrafty's Intimidate is good, but its x4 Fairy weakness and slow Fake Out are major problems. You can choose between Inner Focus Mienshao, which has a fast Fake Out and access to Wide Guard, or Infernape for Fake Out, Mach Punch and Quick Guard. Both of them should run a Focus Sash so you must choose between Gengar or them. Prankster Meowstic is an option if you want to run SashGengar, but it doesn't offer much offensive pressure, while offering a good support with Fake Out, Safeguard, Reflect, Helping Hand, Quick Quard and so on.
3) This is your Mamoswine damage calculation against a Landorus-T
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 130-161 (78.7 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You may want to run an Adamant nature to solve the problem.
4) Iron Head over Meteor Mash because of flinch rate is a reliable move on MMetagross (you get the same OHKO more or less), and since you have Mamoswine and IcyWind Gengar/Gardevoir you really don't need run Ice Punch. Thunder Punch is a better option since you can deal with Slowbro, Jellicent and even Talonflame and M-CharY:
252+ Atk Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 124-148 (81 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
ThunderPunch + IcyWind can be a fast kill on MCharY
5)I think you are able to choose a 6th member now. Take a look at this too http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/#double

You can play with the Damage Calculator here: http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
you should use assault vest on your scrafty so it can be physicly builky and spiecialy builky
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
and dont max out scrafty speed use 252 hp 200 defence 56 spiacial defence with impish nature^^
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
I would suggest using the team magma team builder to create a team with more defense synergy. You can find a link to it in the into to vgc post
#TeamForum

I would take telepathy off gardevour and replace it with trace because you only have one pokemon with a move that hits everyone and If you get trace you can get some very good abilities like levitate
Exactly what is Mamoswine trying to outspeed with the 60 EVs?
Run Protect/Quick Guard over Stone Edge. You won't find it easy to get openings to strike down flying types before they KO you so don't even bother. Invest EVs into defensive stats not speed. Scrafty cannot compete with Pokemon in higher speed tiers so it's a waste.

I recommend running Rotom-W as your 6th Pokemon. It cancels out the weaknesses your team has while providing great support.
[Insert signature here]
new team

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate