Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Hey guys, could use some opinions.
Pokemon is a franchise I just can't seem to escape. Even though life takes me away from it I always come crawling back and falling in love with the series again. So here I am again. 

As the title says I need some opinions and a few answers if anyone knows them. First off I need a new ds to play Pokemon on as both of mine broke one after the other. I wanted to ask if I should buy a 2ds which is less expensive than their counter parts but I feel won't last as long or do I buy a used 3ds that could possibly be faulty do to previous owners but will, from what I've heard at least, last longer. Typically I'd just buy the 3rd but those cost hundreds compared to 2ds I can get for 60 to 80. I'm leaning towards a 2ds, mainly because the money is coming out of my own pocket and I dont feel like spending a fortune, but also I will be buying it new so no chance of damage. Just wanted some other opinions before a decision was reached.

Finally I have a question about switching data between consoles. Could I take the 2ds card of my 3rd and insert it into my new console to keep all the games I've downloaded and the other data saved on it? Thanks to anyone who can answer and I hope to be back into UM in the following week.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
@Dova Just wanted to say that it is nice to have you back Wink

I friend of mine bought his secondhand 3DS from a friend who he knew had taken a good care of it, I think a properly preserved secondhand 3DS is the best option... Do you know someone who owns one but is not willing to play anymore, maybe even a friend of a friend?
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
(Jul 9, 2018, 08:22 PM)Black Waterfall Wrote: @Dova Just wanted to say that it is nice to have you back Wink

I friend of mine bought his secondhand 3DS from a friend who he knew had taken a good care of it, I think a properly preserved secondhand 3DS is the best option... Do you know someone who owns one but is not willing to play anymore, maybe even a friend of a friend?
And @Black Waterfall  it is awesome to be back.
Not off the top of my head since practically all my friends have sold it in an attempt to get a little money because they "outgrew Pokemon" (whatever that means). I may be able to get one but I doubt it. Id try game stop but pre owned ones cost as much as a new one and I don't trust ebay at all.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
Dova! You're alive!
[Image: giphy.gif]

Also, I'm biased to the 3DS but one of my friends has a 2DS which he carries round everywhere and it has a fairly rough life, so unless you're planning on taking it into a battlefield it should probably last you a while. Although if you could get a decent secondhand 3DS, that would be a good option as well.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
(Jul 10, 2018, 03:28 AM)TheAlmightySancho Wrote: Dova! You're alive!
[Image: giphy.gif]

Also, I'm biased to the 3DS but one of my friends has a 2DS which he carries round everywhere and it has a fairly rough life, so unless you're planning on taking it into a battlefield it should probably last you a while. Although if you could get a decent secondhand 3DS, that would be a good option as well.

@TheAlmightySancho wait Im alive!?! *checks heart beat* I didnt even know.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
Hey @Dova, welcome back! Sorry to hear about your ds.

I would probably say 2ds. It can last for years, so as long as you don't throw it against the wall, it should last for a long time. It's also cheaper.

You can also get a preused 3ds, it's cheaper and you can find some that are in great condition.
(Jul 10, 2018, 07:40 AM)moo311 Wrote: Hey @Dova, welcome back! Sorry to hear about your ds.

I would probably say 2ds. It can last for years, so as long as you don't throw it against the wall, it should last for a long time. It's also cheaper.

You can also get a preused 3ds, it's cheaper and you can find some that are in great condition.

I think think Im gonna get a 2ds. On Amazon the MarioBros 2 edition costs 69.00 so Ill still have a good bit of money left. Thanks for all the anwsers you guys. I was probably gonna buy it anyway but I needed some reassurance I guess. 3ds are just a bit too pricey from mypoint of veiw.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ