Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How did you get your name?
Years ago, I mashed Epic and Lolz together and made it my online name.
I'm just not creative enough to come up with a new one though lol.
My first name is Ádám, and back in grade school, one of my friends called me "Ádíz" all the time. I took a liking on it, and wanted to use it in some sort of a nickname. Since english lacks the accented letters, which I use in my native (hungarian) , I decided to use "adiz", extended it with a double zero, because it looks cool (: but "adiz00" was already taken, leaving me surprised. Since I liked the concept of it, I simply extended it with another "z" , and so was my nickname born ^ ^
I got my name by getting it.
Back in the 90s, some friends of mine wanted me to play this DBZ browser based game. I think it was called Dragon Ball FE, or something. He gave me one of his alts with this name, and I've been using it ever since.

If it's ever already taken, I just add a King in front of it.
Well mine goes way back when i was still dating. I absolutely LOVE cats, and me and my bf are like anime fanatics and all. Anyway, i was making an account on a site called cherry credits (its a SEA thing), and i was having trouble with usernames (i'm not really good with making usernames) so i asked him to help me. At that time, we were at the "lovey-dovey" stage, so he keeps on suggesting weird and funny usernames for me until he told me "how about nyatalie? Like a cat..." (Im cutting the convo there, you guys get the point xD). Basically he just added 1 letter to my real name (dumb but i like it). We broke up a year later but i still stick with it. Sooooooo yea xD
It started with a really close friend of mine who started calling me "halo" (since I played halo alot), then I told a story awhile later(which I would rather not say) and then another friend of mine tacked "haunted" in the front of halo. I decided then this was going to be my user name. Glad no one has come up with it.
Mine's from a mythical dog that always caught what it was after,if only I had that luck in Pokemon.
I have had my name for about 14 years now. Ever since I was 11. Basically what happened is me and my friend used to be heavy into a TCG called Magi-Nation. We entered tournaments and everything! At the time my nickname from my friend was slayer and his was syphon. My main deck in Magi-Nation was Aerdrial. So I combined my favorite deck type with slayer and came up with Aerialslayer and I've had it ever since and even use it for almost everything for the past 13 years. Smile
I got mine from when a teacher miss pronounced my last name which is Coggin. My friends thought it was funny so it stuck.
(Nov 18, 2014, 05:09 PM)NightWolf Wrote: I noticed a lot of you guys have some pretty interesting usernames, and I always find myself wondering where they came from or how you came up with them.

So, how'd you get your name?

I guess I'm obligated to share mine too since I'm asking. When I was a kid I had this obsession with wolves and would always make my username something like "red wolf", "dark wolf", "silver wolf"...You get the picture. XD Eventually I came up with "night wolf" and the name kinda stuck so I just kept using it over the years out of habit. Lame origin story I know, it should be easy to 1-up me ;p

to be honest mine is like yours but i started on PS2 an moved through different systems. back on the 360 i use to come in a room a howl when i entered LOL. i was young an dumb at the time but everyone knew it was me when i came in.