Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How did you get your name?
My name was born in my weird Lord of the Rings stage. I've always been a huge cat person and lover (also a fan of the Warriors series by Erin Hunter), so I just kind of mashed Lord of the Rings and cats and got lordofthecats! I use it on almost every website I make an account on. Kappa
(Dec 31, 2014, 10:31 AM)lordofthecats Wrote: My name was born in my weird Lord of the Rings stage. I've always been a huge cat person and lover (also a fan of the Warriors series by Erin Hunter), so I just kind of mashed Lord of the Rings and cats and got lordofthecats! I use it on almost every website I make an account on. Kappa

Lol very interesting! Smile
(Dec 6, 2014, 04:15 PM)AquaX101 Wrote: I got my name by getting it.

Most legit reason I have ever heard.
When I was in 4th Grade this kid in my neighborhood who I always looked up too was using the new phrase "beast" ( Dude that's so beast!) So I of course followed him and thought it was like the coolest thing to say. Also in the same grade I also got some weird obsession with moose ( that I still have today, but on a less extreme scale). Anyway, I don't remember what it was for, but I had to make a username, put two and two together, and viola! I didn't want to remember a bunch of different usernames, so from then on it's just been Beastmoose!

(Dec 31, 2014, 10:31 AM)lordofthecats Wrote: My name was born in my weird Lord of the Rings stage. I've always been a huge cat person and lover (also a fan of the Warriors series by Erin Hunter), so I just kind of mashed Lord of the Rings and cats and got lordofthecats! I use it on almost every website I make an account on. Kappa

Your name always makes me think of Shakespeare because Tybalt is the Prince of Cats. It also reminds me of the film The Cat Returns with yet another Prince of Cats (but this one is actually a cat)
I was thinking of a name for Battle net and i had a vitamin bottle next to me so Wynaut
༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽
     ༼ ◕_◕ ༽ Megumi is best Waifu ༼ ◕_◕ ༽
༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽
I was writing something about Murphy's Law, but I made a typo and it became Muphry's Law. I thought it was hilarious and started going by it, eventually shortening it to Muphry due to some places not allowing apostrophes.

Later I found out it was an actual concept:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry%27s_law
Mine came around 8 years ago when playing Runescape, I used to make loads of weird names on it, and one of them was Gold Crow, but also being a fan of Japanese culture, I thought to myself "What's Gold Crow in Japanese?". I don't know if it is as I was 13 back then, but Kin Karasu has a nice ring to it. Smile Heart
Halcyon comes from my favorite Album (Halcyon Days) by Ellie Goulding
Me, well the unit part comes form evangelion (like eva unit 01) and 501 was my favorite star wars legion 501st (pure clones of jango fett) and i put the two together and that's how it came.
A legend fallen from grace.