Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] JFlynn Needs Your Help Revising the Forums
@Eeveeli Aww really? I thought it was an awesome guide! A great introduction to the game for any new player.
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

Bumping since this is and important thread. Please read the first post.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Hmm what if the Smash Section was reduced to a section in General, perhaps it could go like this: Movies (etc), Other Game Discussion, Smash Discussion (OR Other Nintendo Games Discussion), Everything Else

As for the Salem thing and other ideas proposed, I'm not familiar enough with the board and its traffic to weigh in on those topics.
Monster Hunter
While Smash Bros may have the larger community, the popularity of Monster Hunter here in the west is undeniably growing. I think with the 3DS gaining online support for MH4U with be a huge step forward with the series. With MH3U, 3DS players were limited to local connection if they wanted to play with others. Sure it had a Wii-U version that let you transfer your save to and from each device that allowed you to play online with others but that meant you had to purchase the game twice. Not something that appeals to newcomers. A Monster Hunter section would be hugely beneficial to players just being introduced to the series. Most experienced players have no problem showing others the ropes. Whether it's helping them with quests, items, monsters, or strategies.

Smash Bros and other non Pokemon titles.
Maybe the Other Game Discussion should be a section of it's own. Prefixes could be the different platforms. 3DS, PC, Xbox, Playstation, Mobile etc..
Different could include General Discussion, Guides and Tutorials, Networking.
And if Monster Hunter doesn't catch on it can be moved over here.
(Jan 16, 2015, 05:55 AM)Skarric Wrote: KEEP]
Smash Bros Community
I believe (in general) the Monster Hunter community is actually smaller than the Smash Bros community so we should keep the Smash Bros community in its own section. Smash Bros is a good community and I don't believe we should do away with it. Maybe you could revive the Smash Bros spirit in the community by streaming it one day, Justin?

Based Skarric senpai <3

But I agree! I'll do anything I can to help revive the smash spirit in our community. No matter how much work it takes I'd love for smash and Pokemon to be really big together. I'd even love to see you start commentating smash tourneys!
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
I have horrible ideas for these things so I won't recommend anything.
(Jan 16, 2015, 12:34 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: I have horrible ideas for these things so I won't recommend anything.

Horrible ideas or riot.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(Jan 16, 2015, 12:40 PM)Rogue Wrote:
(Jan 16, 2015, 12:34 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: I have horrible ideas for these things so I won't recommend anything.

Horrible ideas or riot.

Get the pitchforks.
We need a secret base sharing section. I mean if we have friend safari we need secret bases :P
I was wondering if there could be a miscellaneous review section where people could give their opinions on games they've played for people who might be on the fence buying it. This is kind of in the 'Other Games' bit where people are chatting about some games but maybe something specifically for reviews? Just an idea Smile
(Jan 16, 2015, 01:34 PM)EspeonKing Wrote: We need a secret base sharing section. I mean if we have  friend safari we need secret bases :P
I was wondering if there could be a miscellaneous review section where people could give their opinions on games they've played for people who might be on the fence buying it. This is kind of in the 'Other Games' bit where people are chatting about some games but maybe something specifically for reviews? Just an idea Smile

I agree. I think a Secret Base would fit well merged with a Friend Safari section.  I've seen in the general discussion that a couple of users have some secret base ideas that could kick off. Maybe they just need a section to get the momentum going. Not to mention it cant point people into a more precise direction for experience from all the Chansey and Blissey bases floating around.

http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-OR...ret-League
http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-OR...nd-Seasons

Also
Maybe modify the layout a little? I feel it's easy to forget about the sections lower down on the page. Most likely you visit the forum because you've seen a video on youtube or watched a stream on twitch. So it's a very high chance you came because of pokemon and are unaware that the site has discussions and tips about other games. Perhaps have links at the top where "Home Page" "Subcribed Threads" etc.. that promote the presence of these other areas on the site.