Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] The November Meet & Greet - The Time to Entreat!
[Image: uIZr4N8.jpg]

Legends in making! It's 0kamii, bringing you the highly anticipated November Meet & Greet!

For those of you that have just joined us, might I say...Welcome to PokémonForever! However you found out little corner of the internet, if you love pokémon and all things weird and wonderful, you're in the right place. The monthly Meet & Greet is meant to draw out of hiding all those users that lay dormat among the forums to say hi. Sometimes, the regulars will even pop in and say hello as well! Unbelievable, right? Our site has always been a welcoming place for all things pokémon-related. Myself, @0kamii, along with our other wonderful mods, @FireTaco, and @stephenWITNESS will be happy to assist you if you have any questions or concerns. The rest of the team, Kahunas @croissant, @Kris, and @Tenebris_Kane are here to help as well. Shoot any of us a message if y'all ever need any help with something. Don't forget to notify @Justin, Our Lord, and @Agro, our site admins for technical issues. We have a little bit of everything here, so let's jump on in!

[Image: icon-sawsbuck.png] [Image: icon-pumpkaboo.png] [Image: icon-paras.png]

Featured This Month:

• Amethyst 0mega's own @Tenebris_Kane is hosting a 6IV Ditto giveaway right here! If you have need of this little breeding blob, pay him a visit and he'll have one for you!
  • Curious what Pokémon has in connection with Evangelion? Stop by @Kris's post to learn all about the links between two seemingly unrealted series.
  • And finally, I acquired an extra Zeraora code when I went to claim my copy of Gen 7's last mythical pokémon! I will be raffling it off before the code expires 11/9. Enter here!

[Image: icon-shiftry.png] [Image: icon-throh.png] [Image: icon-cutiefly.png]

Get Started with the Forums:

• Loving talking about pokémon? Want someone to chat with about a topic you like? Visit the General Discussion forum. Keep it G-rated, and you can explore any topic you want.
  • Interested in Competitive Pokémon? We have two forums for that. Competitive Movesets and Competitive Discussion. Keep up with the lastest news on VGC and tier lists, and stop by Pikalytics for comprehensive usage stats on what's popular this meta.
  • Want more our of the community's tradning, breeding, and Friend Safari scene? Go to our dedicated forums to trade at your heart's content.
  • We also have separate forums for giveaways, announcements, and tutorials. Stop by any of them at your leizure for tips, trick, and the everyone's favorite...FREE STUFF (giveaways, info, news, etc.)!

Don't forget to register on our Discord channel, over in a thaterly direction ⇒. If you want live discussion on all topics with other users and the mods, there's nowhere else to be!

[Image: icon-lileep.png] [Image: icon-morelull.png] [Image: icon-glameow.png]

Share With Us:

Here's the part where we ask our awesome forum users some questions, and then you have to tag another user once you answer them. Here, I'll start us off!

1.) Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee release in less than two weeks, and this mod couldn't be more excited! Which one are you getting? If either.

If I have the money to afford both a Switch and one or the other, I'm definitely grabbing Let's Go Eevee. It's nice to see the little guy finally get some spotlight, and next to the series mascot of all things.

2.) It's officially November. I'm sure you all have plans for the holiday. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?

With luck, takeout Chinese...

3.) Our unofficial mascot mon of the month, Autumn Sawsbuck, comes to us from the great artist on DeviantArt AnimeMan90. Not everyone is as talented as they are, but if you've drawn or saved anything pokémon-related, we'd love to see it!

I'd rather post something my partner, @The_Flaine, drew. He's FAR more talented than I am. He drew this a few months ago, called it "Chibipardos."

[Image: 9cuWSGs.jpg]

Time to tag a forum member! But who says I only have to do one? I'm going to tag the new users: @Hayden D, @Frostytacos", @ReEmperor, and @nonstopdiarrhea. Let's see how many responses we can get from the new members of our community!

Even if you're just visiting and don't want to register, you can still take advantage of the site's community. We always welcome new people and we're always willing to help out our users! And again, do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.

Welcome to PokémonForever!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

1.) Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee release in less than two weeks, and this mod couldn't be more excited! Which one are you getting? If either.

I am broke. Sad

2.) It's officially November. I'm sure you all have plans for the holiday. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?

I am not an American, busy working. Sad

3.) Our unofficial mascot mon of the month, Autumn Sawsbuck, comes to us from the great artist on DeviantArt AnimeMan90. Not everyone is as talented as they are, but if you've drawn or saved anything pokémon-related, we'd love to see it!

I cannot draw. Sad

Time to bring in people! Smile

@FirsthandTuna ,
@Dio817 ,
@Shiny-Hunter ,

three questions for you guys~

1) What is your favourite Pokemon region?

Mine is Unova because of the terrains, ranging from desert to marsh to mountains, and BW2 made a lot of tunnels which makes it fun to explore. Smile

2) What is your favourite food?

I like sushi but I am broke. Sad

3) How is your favourite video game other than Pokemon?

I like strategy games like Fire Emblem, etc.
What is a signature and how do I get one?
1) What is your favourite Pokemon region?

Alola, Unova and Kanto.

2) What is your favourite food?

Spaghetti.

3) How is your favourite video game other than Pokemon?

Yu-Gi-Oh!, The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and the Tales of Series.

Am I doing this right?

@Meera @CandySnow @Shadow

1)  What is your favorite season.

Mine is Autumn.

2) What are your favorite anime other than Pokemon.

Mine are Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu Yu Hakusho, Detective Conan AKA Case Closed, Bleach, InuYasha, Monster Rancher, Digimon and Bakugan. There are other's but that's a VERY long list.

3) What is your favorite animal?

Mine are Wolves.
Hey guys! Sorry that I couldn't make it to last month meet and greet, I've been swamped with work.

1.) Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee release in less than two weeks, and this mod couldn't be more excited! Which one are you getting? If either.

Man I am so excited for the release too! I still don't own a Switch so I am planning to buy one first. Unfortunately that will have to wait until February, I think. I am getting a new job in January. 

2.) It's officially November. I'm sure you all have plans for the holiday. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?

(Nov 3, 2018, 04:23 PM)0kamii Wrote: With luck, takeout Chinese...

Oh I second that! But I am still living in China, so I can eat chinese food eveyday Tongue

3.) Our unofficial mascot mon of the month, Autumn Sawsbuck, comes to us from the great artist on DeviantArt AnimeMan90. Not everyone is as talented as they are, but if you've drawn or saved anything pokémon-related, we'd love to see it!

I think I should have a few pictures of some of my old Pokemon art. Let me see...

Found them! Okay, so this is a picture of some Pokemon I made by cold porcelain clay in 2010.

[Image: DSC09891.jpg]

Six years later, that Charmander evolved into a Charmeleon!

[Image: Charmeleon.jpg]

But I have absolutely no idea of what was the modelling compound that I used, since I was already in China at that time, and everything was in Chinese. But it feels more like a play-doh than a cold porcelain clay. As you can see, the material looks totally different from the cold porcelain clay in the above picture.

[Image: IMG-20160813-220223.jpg]

Oh, and that day I made a Cyndaquil too! (I made a Litten last year but I can't find the picture...)

Time to tag a forum member! But who says I only have to do one?

Awesome! Let me tag some of my buddies: 

@Buddhafuldays
@Dova
@ScottyThunder
@Tenebris_Kane

...and this new guy here:
@Beeno

One question for you:

Have you already caught all the Ultra wormhole legendaries? 

I still haven't and, to be honest, it's been more painful than I thought! I am trying to catch all of them with good natures and thematic balls so it's not been very easy. Not to mention that the mini-game mechanics is not very helpful...
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 

I'm not excited for a Pokemon game tbh. Fallout 76, BO4, Assasins Creed Oddyssey, and RDR2 all came out, or are about to come out, this season and a Pokemon game is below all of those titles. Also, I don't own a switch. If I were to buy one in the future (I doubt I do) Ill get eevee because I feel Pikachu is just overhyped.

2.) It's officially November. I'm sure you all have plans for the holiday. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?

My grandma will cook a meal like every year and my mom, grandma, grandpa, and I will go and eat there.

3.) Our unofficial mascot mon of the month, Autumn Sawsbuck, comes to us from the great artist on DeviantArt AnimeMan90. Not everyone is as talented as they are, but if you've drawn or saved anything pokémon-related, we'd love to see it!

A year ago or so I drew an, in my opinion, spot on shiny mega Garchomp, but I haven't the slightest clue as to its whereabouts.

To answer Black's question I think I did that back when I was shiny hunting there.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
Hey, 0kamii!

I'm new here, and I appreciate your warm welcome. I've just spent the last year getting back into Pokemon, after a very (very) long hiatus from the series, and I'm looking to introduce myself into casual competitive play sometime soon. In my search to find active, useful Pokemon-related sites, I came across this one, and I'm now happy to be a new member of the community.

Since you asked so nicely, I'm going to take a crack at answering your questions:

1.) I don't have any interest in LGPE personally, and I don't have a Switch yet. I could elaborate on the former point, but this doesn't seem like the kind of place to do that.

2.) I'm going to enjoy a deep-fried turkey at my parents' place outside of town, with a gathering of a couple dozen family members.

3.) Uh... this isn't actually a question at all. Hrm. Well, I once considered myself an artist (went to art school 'n e'rythang), but I can honestly say I've never drawn anything related to Pokemon. Perhaps I should change that.

...and some Tags:

@Tenebris_Kane
@0kamii
..and the newest guy:
@Jakob21
@DrumminBeard

Happy to have you on the site, Drummin. So, did you have a question for me? The point of the tag is to tag a user(s) and ask them questions that I didn't. I suppose since you're new, you wouldn't know that. Probably should've mentioned that somewhere in the M&G. My bad!  Blush

- 0kamii

@0kamii 

Yeah, I didn't get that impression until I read through the comments a bit; but by then I had already posted.

Let's see... 3 questions... Umm... How about:

1. What method(s) did you originally use to find people to play Pokemon with?
2. How long did it take for you to transition from treating the games as single-player JRPGs to multi-player competitive battle strategy games?
3. When you build your teams, how much emphasis do you put on whether or not each Pokemon appeals to you personally?
@DrumminBeard

Hm, all very good questions, Drummin. I don't actually think I've ever answered these on the site before, and I've been a mod over a year now. No time like the present!

1.) What method(s) did you originally use to find people to play Pokémon with?

Honestly, I was a bit of a shameless tot. I didn't have a problem going up to people and just outright asking them if they played the same games I did, Pokémon or otherwise. If they did, great! If not and they thought I was weird, eh. Whatever. I was called many names growing up, 'weird' was FAR from the worst. Other times, I just played in public places like the playground or bus and waited to see if anyone noticed. If they talked to you first, that was usually a good sign they were serious.

2.) How long did it take for you to transition from treating the games as single-player JRPGs to multi-player competitive battle strategy games?

To that I say, why choose? I still play Pokémon as both a multi-player strategy game AND a single-player JRPG. There's more than one way to play the games, and I'm happy to indulge in either one. If you couldn't tell by my tag, I'm a rather devout pokémon breeder. So I'd say I enjoy the single-player aspect more. In terms of when I started exploring the competitive side, I'd say I really got into competitive play in 2013 after former World Champ Arash Ommati won Worlds that year with a Mamoswine, one of my [then] all-time favorite mons. It inspired me to try and go out and win with some of my own favorites, hence my history with Emolga in Gen 7's VGC 2017 season. Since then I've been bouncing in and out of competitive play, but mostly I enjoy battling in recs (i.e. recreationals). Which bring me to...

3.) When you build your teams, how much emphasis do you out on whether or not each Pokémon appeals to you personally?

Oh, almost 100%. If I do not like a pokémon, I will not use it. Plain and simple. Pokémon is filled with so many interesting creatures that having all 800+ narrowed down to the same 20 - 30 per season drove me near insane. Some of them I outright hated because of how frequently they were used. Landorus-T being the chief target. Over time however, I've come to appreciate various aspects of popular VGC pokémon. I've learned what makes them good, and I've used them on teams just to give them a fair shot. I don't hate Landorus-T with a burning passion anymore, but other popular mons like the Tapus, Celesteela, Xerneas, Amoonguss, and Incineroar have grown on me as I've learned to respect their battle prowess. That said though, if I want to use a personal favorite, like Mantyke, in a meta where you wouldn't think it'd fit, I'll be damned if I don't MAKE it fit! I firmly believe Pokémon is meant to be fun, and if you aren't playing with the ones you love most, then what's even the point of playing at all? Besides, every mon has a potential niche. It's just a matter of agonizing over them long enough to find it.  Big Grin

Whew, hope that answered all your questions, and I think I'll go ahead and tag some of the other users on the site for these same questions!

Hey, @PerchPond, @AverageJoe, @Bendytheinkdemon37", and @Sithogryph, share with us your answers to the same three questions Drummin just asked me!

- 0kamii

@Black Waterfall @DrumminBeard

Looks like I have a bit of catching up to do, it has been a stressful month for me so far but now I plan to get back to breeding again and I find I have been tagged by two people for questioning so I will do my best to answer.

Black Waterfall's Question
Have you already caught all the Ultra wormhole legendaries? -

I have actually caught very few of the ultra wormhole legendaries since I want them all to have very specific natures and Pokéballs and I have not had time to dedicate myself to the hunt. Although as I own both Ultra sun and Ultra moon I will have a lot to catch  Tongue

DrumminBeard's Questions

1. What method(s) did you originally use to find people to play Pokemon with? 

To be honest I used to never have friends to play Pokémon with when I was younger. I personally just enjoy playing it with my brother. I tried going to a Pokémon group within university but I just found I didn't fit in with many people and in the end I searched forums until I finally found this wonderful little community.

2. How long did it take for you to transition from treating the games as single-player JRPGs to multi-player competitive battle strategy games?

It would probably surprise people if they knew how many competitive ready Pokémon I have when I say that I still don't treat the game as a competitive strategy. Instead I think of myself as a Pokémon breeder and as such I breed Pokémon to competitive standards because I find it fun and relaxing.

3. When you build your teams, how much emphasis do you put on whether or not each Pokemon appeals to you personally?

In a way, this follows on from my previous answer, I have only the base knowledge of team building and I have never really been involved in team building unless it was either just for fun or for some kind of silly gimmick. Because of this I usually like battling with people who don't choose from the metagame but instead base their choices on which Pokémon appeals to them since then I might have a slight chance of winning  Wink  

0kamii's Questions

I would honestly love to get one of the games and I still don't know which I would pick. However I don't own a switch and it feels like it would be a rather large expense to pay just to get the games  Sad

In addition to that, I also have to limit my spending a little more at the minute since, although I have money, I did just spend a lot on a brand new 3D Printer which is currently sitting behind me  Big Grin

To be honest I never really do much for thanksgiving, it doesn't seem to be much of a big deal in the UK and I actually couldn't tell you what date it is on...

I don't have much Pokémon related to show that has not already been shown before, I really need to get my graphics tablet back out and start doodling but I have just got a new piece of 3D design software so maybe I should create a 3D model of one (most likely squirtle)