Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[NEWS] Pokémon Global Link is getting shut down!
Exclamation 
I just updated my Pokémon Global Link guide with this warning, but I think that it's an archived thread, thus people might not see it. (It's pretty outdated, so please forgive the lack of Sun&Moon information! It was written for the XY ORAS era.)
You can also read a short bit about this directly on a thread on the PGL's website. Here is the tweet that was sent from Serebii:
Quote:The Pokémon Global Link will go down on February 24th 2020 at 23:59 UTC. From then on, all gameplay elements which required access to it in the generation 7 games will be non-functioning. All other online components of those games will work.

Spend your Poké Miles while you still can, folks!!!

Additionally, Serebii has posted about a special Munna event tied to this.

Quote:Fennel's Munna event has begun for Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon to celebrate the 9 years of the Global Link.

To summarize: You'll need to log into the Pokémon Global Link's website and select your game, then go here to get your Mystery Gift code for the Munna.
I received mine on Moon, and couldn't get another one when I switched to Ultra Moon, so it might be one per PGL account.
-----
My Pkmn X Friend Safari - Fire
#1: Growlithe + #2: Larvesta + #3: Braixen
If you don't want your safari info posted, please let me know!
It makes sense. They did it for gen 5 pretty quickly when gen 6 came out. Always kinda sad when there's an end to an era though.
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades
i really hope they improve the new online functions, its a massiv downgrade to what Global Link was even tho now we pay for it.