Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Don't you just love the salt of battle spot?
It kinda sucks that there are so many people who forfeit on Battle Spot. Much like Smash, I think there should be a penalty for forfeiting
OU MASTER RACE
Maybe have a penalty for disconnecting, but not forfeiting as that's used when there's nothing you can do to win the battle.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
yeah, theres nothing wrong with forfeiting, no reason to struggle with a lost battle. Just disconnecting however is very rude.(barring the times when its actually connections issues of course)
Better them leave, than to put the ds on the table and do something else while you sit there... waiting for them to move... until you win... It's not like if they leave or disconnect that your battle isnt counted as a win.

Forcing someone to stay in a situation where leaving is better does nothing but aggravate a community. An angry community is a toxic community. Saw it personally on good ol' black ops 2, the community lashed out so hard they ended up making the trigger for the punishment so hard to get that it might as well not have been there. I was one of them because of getting matched into games where my team has 70 points and one team mate, and the other at 180 full team all mic'ed up and getting punished for leaving an obvious loss is (insert favored explitive here),. For pokemon, I don't want to say, bring my OU team to a guy that brought his legit 6 shiny arceus, and just stay there. I'd much rather leave, and find a more fair game. I do see the point of having such a mechanic however. People leaving a game because they intimidated a wigglytuff twice and now its sweeping them is fairly annoying, but the freedom to go as I please is much better.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
Honestly, if you have to, you have to. But I do agree a bit. I've seen people forfeit first turn cause of their leads and ect.
O
Like if the person doesn't want to continue battling and forfeits, then why are you complaining? Like basically you got a clear win condition which makes the opponent compelled enough to throw in the towel and withdraw from the battle. There are battles I've had where my opponent messes up really bad to the point they forfeit the third or second turn. Heck even when the matchup was still unclear, there are times when opponents forfeit.

While I think players should to play out the battle to find outs, if they feel the need to forfeits, then why not.
(Jan 2, 2017, 01:04 PM)Excalibur0126 Wrote: Maybe have a penalty for disconnecting, but not forfeiting as that's used when there's nothing you can do to win the battle.
OMG I actually meant disconnect lmao. Yeah I have no problem with forfeits. Whoops I said the wrong thing
OU MASTER RACE
@w2gMk They should definitely add a penalty for timer stalling. Maybe similar to Showdown where the timer decreases each consecutive turn.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
(Jan 3, 2017, 11:03 AM)Excalibur0126 Wrote: @w2gMk They should definitely add a penalty for timer stalling. Maybe similar to Showdown where the timer decreases each consecutive turn.

Timer stall is sickening tbh. That's one thing that certainly needs to go. You don't see NFL games go to the team with 3 points just because the top scoring team ran out of time, same for every other game ever. Even games of chess in places go to the player with more material.

Even on showdown the timer gets rather annoying, especially since the timer stall on showdown (which I run into pretty much once every session :L) doesn't even net the other guy a cheap win. It's 100% spite. Showdown has been like that lately, and it makes me a sad w2.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
Yeah timer stalling is truly unsportsmanlike
OU MASTER RACE