Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Not sure where to start.
There certainly is lot more to competitive battling than I thought. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to start with competitive battling?
use only powerful pokemon
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-ORAS-An...e-Battling
(Sep 25, 2016, 05:49 PM)TheFriedToast Wrote: There certainly is lot more to competitive battling than I thought. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to start with competitive battling?

you can always check our tutorials section. http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Pokemon-...-Tutorials

but @naitre is right there are a couple ways to play. Mainly Smogon (singles) or VGC (doubles)
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Agreeing with @Justin here but if you seek total mastery of vgc, the true master of pokemahn battling and newest mod, @Black117 awaits! (or just ask @Macuscube for smogon)
(Sep 25, 2016, 05:52 PM)naitre Wrote: Each format has completely different metagames. Has one of the particular formats caught your eye?
Sorry for sounding like a total newbie but what do you mean by format?
(Sep 25, 2016, 08:25 PM)TheFriedToast Wrote:
(Sep 25, 2016, 05:52 PM)naitre Wrote: Each format has completely different metagames. Has one of the particular formats caught your eye?
Sorry for sounding like a total newbie but what do you mean by format?

Battling can generally be broken down based on where you do it. For competitive, there's smogon, which you find used on Pokemon Showdoan, and VGC, which is used by official Nintendo championships. Smogon has arranged Pokemon into a ton of different brackets based on power and usage and is generally singles. VGC is doubles with relatively few banned things.
I would first pick a good digimon then start building trap cards around it. Then maybe find some jedi knights and wizards. Then round your team of power rangers off with super saiyans and nyan cat.
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
But in all seriousness look atound the forums. Ask people, everyone here is super nice unless its @ChaseInfinity hes a murderer. (What am I doing Im just saying what has already been said)
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
Competitive battling is something that many don't do mostly because to them it ruins the "feel" of Pokémon. But there are many sites out there that help out. pokemonshowdown is one of them along with Smogon and even Serebii. And you also have people out there who are more than willing to help you out especially here.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!