Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

First successful Shiny Hunt~! :D
:D Lucky, I had some luck before, I got a random encounter Makuhita :3 right before the second gym! But after ;-; no more!
(Aug 18, 2016, 05:26 PM)Vyaelra Wrote: @MagicalMops Thanks! :D

@ScarletSableye Jesus, one encounter with Pumpkaboo?!  That's amazing! I hope I get your luck sometime :P All of those numbers are crazy low, congrats on all the pretty shinies~!

@Cekeee  One day soon Cekee! Haha  good luck with your shiny Gabite hunt Smile

@Koltm89 Yeah seeing some of the videos and streams with people shiny hunting, the time they put into it is insane! Like SupremeRk9s in particular has plenty of hunts that took weeks to finish, sometimes months.  This is my first successful shiny hunt, but I feel like I got super duper lucky with how quickly I got ponyta.  I might try and hunt for something else to get a better idea of what the odds are like on a normal basis Shy
Ha you watch SupremeRk9s Shiny Channel, nice knowing I'm not the only one  :D
@FatedHope I'm not sure honestly! When I found a random shiny bunnelby I didn't really count it as a "hunt" since I wasn't technically looking for him.  I consider shiny ponyta to be my first successfully hunted shiny since I specifically set out to find one.  I would have definitely taken shiny noibat over bunnelby though, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose! Rolleyes

@The Pope of Filth Ahhhh shiny goomy!! I'm really really thinking about going after I get my shiny fletchling, I love it's shiny form!  Still haven't encountered fast music yet, but I need more practice with chains.  I'm new to the pokeradar so my best is only 18 so far, but I'm getting above ten much quicker now than before :D
@Lightningtex  Haha yeah shiny bunnelby was my game's only "gimme" apparently, I gotta work for the rest!  But that's okay, it's been fun to do inbetween working on my pokedex Smile

@MagicalMops  Haha I do! He and thejustinflynn are my go-to's really when I need some shiny motivation!  Are there other channels you'd recommend? I may or may not have been bingewatching their videos.... hehe
My first shiny encounter was a Bidoof when I was grinding some levels in Pokemon Diamond. Diamond was the first game I ever played, and I was messaging my friend DO THOSE SPARKLES MEAN ITS THAT THING and she was like CATCH IT!!

My first ever successful hunt was a chain fished Corsola in X. He's my blue boy.
@Vyaelra  I recommend aDrives shiny living dex montages
(Aug 18, 2016, 05:26 PM)Vyaelra Wrote: @MagicalMops Thanks! :D

@ScarletSableye Jesus, one encounter with Pumpkaboo?!  That's amazing! I hope I get your luck sometime :P All of those numbers are crazy low, congrats on all the pretty shinies~!

@Cekeee  One day soon Cekee! Haha  good luck with your shiny Gabite hunt Smile

@Koltm89 Yeah seeing some of the videos and streams with people shiny hunting, the time they put into it is insane! Like SupremeRk9s in particular has plenty of hunts that took weeks to finish, sometimes months.  This is my first successful shiny hunt, but I feel like I got super duper lucky with how quickly I got ponyta.  I might try and hunt for something else to get a better idea of what the odds are like on a normal basis Shy
That's awesome.  I know when I first tried shiny hunting in safari's it'd take me about 3 hours to find one. 

Though more recently I had added someone's safari, and the first thing I came across was a wartortle.  2nd thing I came across was a shiny wartortle.

As for the stats, I think all you can get is 2 perfect stats (IV) from the safari.