Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Who still plays a lot? Who doesn't?
I was simply curious on who still plays the game competitively. If so, how is it? What team are you running? What are you seeing right now?

If you aren't, why'd you stop? Do you plan on coming back to the competitive field?

I stopped playing simply because of frustration. Because of my frustration, my skills suffer quickly and I'm honestly not as good as a battler as I used to be. I get too upset over rng factors, and seeing the same teams when I did play. I might hit the drawing board soon and make a new team and try to not get so upset.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
I'm on the decline. I used to play alot but it feels like... it's just not as fun anymore so I'm going back to CS;GO more and more to fill the needs for a competitive game.
Just feelt like most matches came down to a dice roll and that's just not cool.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
I have been playing a lot recently. I even went to regionals last weekend and well.... it didn't go well. I thought this week I was gonna fall out of it... But I'm of the opinion that failure breeds greatness. At least if you can learn from mistakes.

I've noticed the team problem to. There's still a whole lot of chalk out there it's true, but a lot of players I've noticed are getting bored with it and it's started spreading out. Like, they're mixing out up a little cause people do learn to play against it. It's still pretty good though...

As for rng... It's there. You deal with it or you don't. My feelings are that it's a kid game really. And kid need to learn that in life, sometimes despite your best efforts you fall short and loss and need to learn to deal with it. As before, failure breeds greatness. Easy times do not forge champions
I don't battle as much as I used too but yet I still do the somewhat tedious act of breeding
I stopped playing because I got bored of it. I will eventually get back into it, no idea when though. I haven't played smogon in 16,859 years and I want to start playing it again.
I stopped playing completely and probably don't intend on starting back unless it's for the benefit of the community. Teambuilding, especially for VGC, is very time consuming as is laddering on Battle Spot. Not to mention that there isn't really any challenge outside ladders due to competitive Pokemon battling slowly dying out on Twitch. Laddering alone can't keep me interested in this game and to play Pokemon without friends is boring.
[Insert signature here]
Don't you dare come back into competitive Pokemon, it's not worth it. I'm attending a Regional just to win the amount of money i need to buy Cooking Mama 5.
I usually build a team, use it on battle spot for months, and occasionally seeing how they do in tourneys. Right now I just got out of an average top 100 showing at regionals after falling to CodenameHockHead in the final round, a match that went to the last turn (He can thank me for pushing him into top 64 Kappa ). So right now im building a new team from scratch and starting all over again!
I haven't really been playing Pokemon as much I probably will get back when we start todo more tourneys it's just kinda boring, there's no news to hype me up for a new game (besides super mystery dungeons which I'm full on hype about but it's a spin off game ) and there are a lot of other games I've been wanting to play, I just get small burst of motivation from the game lately, I'll keep playing Issac, Smesh, and some other games for now :P
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Oct 21, 2015, 02:01 AM)GMX Wrote: Don't you dare come back into competitive Pokemon, it's not worth it. I'm attending a Regional just to win the amount of money i need to buy Cooking Mama 5.

I miss you GMX :[

I'm sorry to hear that for those who are bored of it.
For those who are bored, would forum tourneys interest you at all?
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.