Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] 4th vgc15 Team (Sun Team) [Take-Two]
So my first try at making my 4th vgc15 wasnt good mega sableye is a good pokemon it just didnt  have the offensive power the team, So i decided to try my hand at at Sun Team (Note: This is my first time making a sun/im a terrible team builder :P) So heres what i got:

Edit: Heres the final product of the team thanks alot everyone :D
Sun Team
Theme Name: Gemstones

[Image: 006-mega-y.gif]
Amber (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 220 HP / 132 Def / 20 SpA / 116 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Pledge
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

[Image: 003.gif]
Jade (Venusaur) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 36 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 36 SpD / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Grass Pledge
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

[Image: 474.gif]
Opal (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 68 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam
- Dark Pulse

[Image: 260.gif]
Lapis Lazuli (Swampert) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 132 Atk / 156 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Wide Guard

[Image: 445.gif]
Amethyst (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 12 HP / 232 Atk / 36 SpD / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

[Image: 026.gif]
Topaz (Raichu) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Nuzzle
- Encore
- Thunderbolt

Thanks for all the advice in advance heres the types weaknesses and resistances:
http://www.marriland.com/tools/team-buil...|1634|1448|
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Nice team Anime!
As you know, I'm not the best at team building, but maybe you can try some form of speed control? You could then maybe opt for a bulkier Charizard spread, and you could maybe give Porygon Z a life orb for some extra power, and since you're not locked into a move you could run protect as well.

If you want to keep a water type, you could run Tailwind Suicune, or even Thunder wave on Rotom-W?

If you're worried about TR, what about adding Thundurus for taunt and thunder wave support? or alternatively, what about Hitmontop for Fakeout to stop TR on turn 1 + Wide guard for Rock slides? It would give you another way to hit Heatran, and you'll also have intimidate support

I'm just spit balling some ideas, but like I said, I'm not the best at team building so take what I say however you want :D
Anime, your team is too offensive.

You don't have any form of speed control that supports your team.

Using Starmie to counter Trick Room isn't smart since most Trick Room teams have Mega Mawile, Amoonguss, Mega Camerupt and Hariyama which gives Starmie a hard time in getting a turn off to remove Trick Room, plus even if you stop Trick Room, the opponent can easily switch out his setter, take out Starmie, and set it up again.

Your team has an inbalance of physical and special attackers.

252/252 EV spread for Charizard generally doesn't work since 252/252 Kangaskhan is so common plus it can take out Charizard with ease. Also with Pokemon like Landorus-T, Thundurus, Cresselia, Milotic and Suicune out there, you'll either get knocked out easier or burdened with Icy Wind/Thunder Wave so I would recommend a bulkier spread.

It'd be better to run Protect over Giga Drain in this situation. Talonflame is still a popular Pokemon in this years VGC, not to mention the amount of Ice Beam users, Heat Wave users, Psychic users and even Icy Wind.

I'd say you need to chose between Sylveon and PorygonZ because these too basically serve the same purpose. They're hyper offensive special attackers BUT they are easily checked so having two of them might hinder your strategy.

Adamant Garchomp really defeats the viability of it because Jolly Garchomp outspeeds Kang which guarantees it can get a hit in without getting knocked out.

Starmie really isn't viable in this years VGC. It gets knocked out easily by Kangaskhan, Landorus, Sylveon, Bisharp, Gengar, Aegislash etc. and these are common threats that are seen on almost every VGC team.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Level: 50
Modest Nature
- Fire Pledge
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Venusaur @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Grass Pledge
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam
- Tri Attack

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 156 Def / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald/Muddy Water/Waterfall
- Earth Power/Earthquake
- Wide Guard

P.S. If you want to run it physical, just switch the Special attack for the attack stat and give it an Impish Nature

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Nuzzle
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 108 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/Superpower
- Protect
- Knock Off/Feint

This is what I would suggest to work into your team. Swampert gives great speed control, takes physical hits very well and is an outstanding Wide Guard user. Raichu has Fake Out, it can draw away Thunder Waves and Thunderbolts and has access to Nuzzle to stop those fast Pokemon in their tracks. Scizor can be great offensively and as a tank since it can remove threats such as Smeargle and Sylveon before they even get their turn.
[Insert signature here]
(May 3, 2015, 07:50 AM)Eckley Wrote: Nice team Anime!
As you know, I'm not the best at team building, but maybe you can try some form of speed control? You could then maybe opt for a bulkier Charizard spread, and you could maybe give Porygon Z a life orb for some extra power, and since you're not locked into a move you could run protect as well.

If you want to keep a water type, you could run Tailwind Suicune, or even Thunder wave on Rotom-W?

If you're worried about TR, what about adding Thundurus for taunt and thunder wave support? or alternatively, what about Hitmontop for Fakeout to stop TR on turn 1 + Wide guard for Rock slides? It would give you another way to hit Heatran, and you'll also have intimidate support

I'm just spit balling some ideas, but like I said, I'm not the best at team building so take what I say however you want :D
Thanks for the advice im not the best team builder either, i really need to start soft reseting for legends if i want to use them on my team Smile
(May 3, 2015, 08:33 AM)Marcusube Wrote: Anime, your team is too offensive.

Using Starmie to counter Trick Room isn't smart since most Trick Room teams have Mega Mawile, Amoonguss, Mega Camerupt and Hariyama which gives Starmie a hard time in getting a turn off to remove Trick Room, plus even if you stop Trick Room, the opponent can easily switch out his setter, take out Starmie, and set it up again.

252/252 EV spread for Charizard generally doesn't work since 252/252 Kangaskhan is so common plus it can take out Charizard with ease. Also with Pokemon like Landorus-T, Thundurus, Cresselia, Milotic and Suicune out there, you'll either get knocked out easier or burdened with Icy Wind/Thunder Wave so I would recommend a bulkier spread.

It'd be better to run Protect over Giga Drain in this situation. Talonflame is still a popular Pokemon in this years VGC, not to mention the amount of Ice Beam users, Heat Wave users, Psychic users and even Icy Wind.

I'd say you need to chose between Sylveon and PorygonZ because these too basically serve the same purpose. They're hyper offensive special attackers BUT they are easily checked so having two of them might hinder your strategy.

Adamant Garchomp really defeats the viability of it because Jolly Garchomp outspeeds Kang which guarantees it can get a hit in without getting knocked out.

Starmie really isn't viable in this years VGC. It gets knocked out easily by Kangaskhan, Landorus, Sylveon, Bisharp, Gengar, Aegislash etc. and these are common threats that are seen on almost every VGC team.

Modest Nature
- Fire Pledge
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Venusaur @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Grass Pledge
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam
- Tri Attack

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power/Earthquake
- Wide Guard

P.S. If you want to run it physical, just switch the Special attack for the attack stat and give it an Impish Nature

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Nuzzle
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/Superpower
- Protect
- Knock Off/Feint

This is what I would suggest to work into your team. Swampert gives great speed control, takes physical hits very well and is an outstanding Wide Guard user. Raichu has Fake Out, it can draw away Thunder Waves and Thunderbolts and has access to Nuzzle to stop those fast Pokemon in their tracks. Scizor can be great offensively and as a tank since it can remove threats such as Smeargle and Sylveon before they even get their turn.
Thanks for the suggestions marc, i guess since my last try at build a team was a little bit too defensive i tried to go more offensive, a couple of days ago i realized that my team had too many special attacks and i forgot to change it :P ill try out your suggestions thanks Smile
(May 3, 2015, 10:10 AM)Animekid7 Wrote:
(May 3, 2015, 08:33 AM)Marcusube Wrote: Anime, your team is too offensive.

Modest Nature
- Fire Pledge
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Venusaur @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Grass Pledge
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam
- Tri Attack

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power/Earthquake
- Wide Guard

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Nuzzle
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/Superpower
- Protect
- Knock Off/Feint

Thanks for the suggestions marc, i guess since my last try at build a team was a little bit too defensive i tried to go more offensive, a couple of days ago i realized that my team had too many special attacks and i forgot to change it :P ill try out your suggestions thanks Smile

Hey no problem man, glad to help Wink
[Insert signature here]
Anime,

Update us once you've made the adjustments. I'm curious to see how this team turns out!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
also, i think this is more of a "rate my team" prefix. try to use "build submission" for individual mons.  :D
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(May 4, 2015, 04:33 PM)Justin Wrote: also, i think this is more of a "rate my team" prefix. try to use "build submission" for individual mons.  :D

opps i had submitted this build after reading that you would be aproving builds so i accidently used "build submission"

ill for sure update everone :D, im currently trying marc's suggestions but i think im gonna make a couple changes