Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Bulky VGC Team
Ok thanks for the advice
Consider Recover on Porygon2 in place of Thunderbolt. Your other moves cover most things that Porygon2 would likely face, so seeing as this set is geared toward bulk, emphasizing Eviolite P2's access to an instant recovery move seems like a good call. Also, it might like Thunder Wave over Psyshock to help with your speed control issues.
-sandragon13
Thanks for the advice
I've done some edits

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Level: 50
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 52 Def / 148 SpD / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 120 HP / 188 Atk / 100 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 200 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpA / 52 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 100 HP / 100 Def / 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Foul Play
- Tri Attack
- Recover

Cofagrigus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Goodra @ Life Orb
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Ice Beam

and here are a few battle vids

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battle...-218195748

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battle...-218197256

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battle...-218198076

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battle...-218199208

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battle...-218199927
you need to run zen headbut on metagross
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
Im just happy to see you arent using 252/252/4 for every pokemon Kappa, If I were you i wouldn't use the 2 Megas idea. That basically handicaps you because youre only allowed to choose from 4 pokemon opposed to 5. However, it makes your opponent question which Mega youre gonna bring if you do choose to stay with it. Speed control and taunt isnt necessary but its highly recommended. I also noticed you lack a water type or move. Water is the most common type in the game and most effective giving it has only 2 weaknesses and is super effective against 3 types (rock, ground, and fire) Suicune would be a good fit because its not only bulky but has access to Scald and Ice beam. Hope this helped.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
From what I've seen in the battle videos, it is pretty clear that this team has flaws because a lot of misplays were made by the opponent which resulted in you winning.

To be honest, this isn't a bulky team, it's just a team of Pokemon that very rarely get OHKOd and can hit hard which isn't bulking, it is more of tanking. Bulk has to do with being able to simultaneously regaining HP while bringing adequate offensive pressure or just having ridiculous defenses that make attacks do very little damage which isn't what I'm seeing in these replays which is confusing.

This team doesn't look like it has 1 objective but rather 6 of them.

Metagross is just there to do small chunks of damage and then get busted open by Dark, Fire, Ground and Ghost types, Machamp pulls of his niche but is disrupted if the opponent manages to outspeed or resist Machamp and cripple it, Sylveon is trying to score kills but fails to do so for it isn't attacking at full power allowing threats such as Steel types and hyper offensive physical attackers to snap its neck, Porygon2 sits there using attacks and recovering HP but quivers if a Fighting type comes in its path or its Eviolite gets knocked off, Cofagrigus is just there and Goodra comes across as a last minute addition to the team.

The team doesn't have a solid gimmick working around it. If any team such as a Tailwind or Weather team came in, you would lose unless you prevailed through hax. There needs to be some form of speed control, taunting, diverting of attacks, counters to common threats or what threatens your team, SOMETHING!

I see where you have used Trick Room as a form of speed control but you haven't IVd or EVd your Pokemon to acclimatize to it. Trick Room requires dedication of the entire team.

Bottom line, get one more Trick Room setter and find a new mega or drop Trick Room all together, make your sets towards more team synergy, consider the various threats against your idea and find counters to them and do not fall victim to the practice of throwing 6 random Pokemon together and calling it a team
[Insert signature here]
(Mar 18, 2015, 03:24 PM)Marcusube Wrote: From what I've seen in the battle videos, it is pretty clear that this team has flaws because a lot of misplays were made by the opponent which resulted in you winning.

To be honest, this isn't a bulky team, it's just a team of Pokemon that very rarely get OHKOd and can hit hard which isn't bulking, it is more of tanking. Bulk has to do with being able to simultaneously regaining HP while bringing adequate offensive pressure or just having ridiculous defenses that make attacks do very little damage which isn't what I'm seeing in these replays which is confusing.

This team doesn't look like it has 1 objective but rather 6 of them.

Metagross is just there to do small chunks of damage and then get busted open by Dark, Fire, Ground and Ghost types, Machamp pulls of his niche but is disrupted if the opponent manages to outspeed or resist Machamp and cripple it, Sylveon is trying to score kills but fails to do so for it isn't attacking at full power allowing threats such as Steel types and hyper offensive physical attackers to snap its neck, Porygon2 sits there using attacks and recovering HP but quivers if a Fighting type comes in its path or its Eviolite gets knocked off, Cofagrigus is just there and Goodra comes across as a last minute addition to the team.

The team doesn't have a solid gimmick working around it. If any team such as a Tailwind or Weather team came in, you would lose unless you prevailed through hax. There needs to be some form of speed control, taunting, diverting of attacks, counters to common threats or what threatens your team, SOMETHING!

I see where you have used Trick Room as a form of speed control but you haven't IVd or EVd your Pokemon to acclimatize to it. Trick Room requires dedication of the entire team.

Bottom line, get one more Trick Room setter and find a new mega or drop Trick Room all together, make your sets towards more team synergy, consider the various threats against your idea and find counters to them and do not fall victim to the practice of throwing 6 random Pokemon together and calling it a team

Harsh words but great analysis Smile
I concur
why don't you run recover on the porygon2?