Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] First VGC2015 team
Sup everyone. I tried to make a VGC team since the new meta is out. It works pretty well (for as far as I noticed) but since I don't have much experience with fighting the new treats (Mega-Metagross/Genies/ect) i'm asking for a opinion here

Everything that's bold is changed

[Image: 006-mega-y.gif]
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze -> Drought
EVs: 100 HP / 4 Def / 148 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Rock Slide/Ancient Power
- Protect

Guyssss I love my megazard Y ok. It's the same one as from the tournament and I would love to keep using it so that's why I build a new team around it! Heat wave 0KO's Mega Steelix&Mawile and 2KO's Mega Aggron and Metagross. But can survive a thunderbolt from Thunderus and a Rock slide from Landorus (only 18% to 0KO) and if my calculations are right I can take both out without fainting since Megazard will outspeed them both. Also Ancient Power to destroy some annoying birds + the chance to get a 1x boost to all the stats it pretty nice. Might switch this out to Rock slide in the future tho.

[Image: 547.gif]
Whimsicott @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunny Day
- U-turn
- Encore
- Protect

Whimsicott is my official zard support with her Sunny day. Encore so that I can trap the other in a protect/fake out/ect. U-Turn if I want to get the hell out of the fight and obvi protect is obvi. I haven't used Whimsicott so far so I would highly appreciate some feedback on this. Whimsicott is love, Whimsicott is life.

[Image: 689.gif]
Barbaracle @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Cross Chop
- Stone Edge

I wanted to try to have a shell smasher in my team once and that's how I picked Barbaracle. I'm not sure of it if Mega kang will be used but if she is: dem Shell Smash Cross Chop rekt. I also needed a 'filler' to cover up some weaknesses so that's why Barbaracle is also here.

[Image: 003.gif]
Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Seed Bomb
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep powder

Not too sure about this moveset so i'm open for every suggestion. I never really tried normal Venusaur in VGC2014 so I have no idea how to handle him lol. Seed Bomb/Sludge bomb for coverage and Sleep powder for aaaayy lmao nighty guys

[Image: 635.gif]
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast Flamethrower
- U-turn Dark Pulse

Scarfed Hydreigon, do I need to say more?

[Image: 530.gif]
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

My usual lead together with Charizard. Earthquaking fo' days yo.
errm how will you get through the dual screen cresselias we might see? you could put dark pulse on hydregon then you have a stab se hit to deter them setting the screen but if they get them its kinda over with your current set up as you only have the 2 uturns as se on creselia atm
(Dec 16, 2014, 07:41 AM)evilsabre Wrote: errm how will you get through the dual screen cresselias we might see? you could put dark pulse on hydregon then you have a stab se hit to deter them setting the screen but if they get them its kinda over with your current set up as you only have the 2 uturns as se on creselia atm

I didn't had a match against cresselia so far (did about 20~ with this team, won 14 of them) but what do you suggest what I can do to stop Cresselia then? I have no idea how this pokemon works except for putting on double screens and stuff :P
i wud just drop dark pulse on hydregon instead of u turn and double up on it if you can a land strong hit before the screens get set up + a second hit might ko it and let you win otherwise status it and stall since the things gona tank for days with screens up unfortunately ur teams status is a bit luck based but you won't be able to have a comp to deal with everthing
im just thinking about my own hydreigon build and how i use flamethrower instead of fire blast mainly because of accuracy
and i also have Dark pulse because it does alot damage due to stab, it can do alot of damage to Cresselia but she's a special wall and idk how beneficial it would be i also havent battled many cresselia with my hydreigon

awesome build eeveeli :D
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
i need to do some maths cuz if avs can live zard y's heat wave it cud be awesome for my team, i doubt he will though XD
Thank you! Kappa/

I changed U-turn to Dark pulse now and Fire blast to Flamethrower. Let's see how this will work out :D
damit avs u can't live it my counter to eeveeli's team just died...
Muwahah team #antieeveeli has just failed xD
i wasn't really anti eeveeli when i made it 4 days ago...

still wud have been hillareous to see people faces when avs started messing with peoples heads Smile

and i'm hoping no1 knows wat avs is yet :P