Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] First VGC2015 team
Haha i know. I have a feeling this team will be easily countered tho :P

And nope i have no idea yet, what about a small hint kappa /
av s there u go that shortlists it for you :P

Edit: i can imagine eeveeli is now going through lists of pokemon going whats the craziest viable thing that evil might be doing...
Im actually in the bus to my home now but dont worry. I will find it once im home :p
no you won't no one expects avs :P
Don't be like "omg icey get out you meanie" then mods warn me.
I played competitive back in B/W and X/Y so IK what to expect now.
The genies have scarfed lando paired with Air Balloon Heatran, Cresselia, Thundurus for Twave, Tornadus for Tailwind, or other pokemon that don't get hurt by EQ. Lando being scarfed KOs both Excadrill and Barb easy. (BTW Don't say like "Well I can get a Iron head off before they-" Nope because Landos are tanky as heck. Then Lando also runs Rock Slide. KOs Charizard with ease. Venasaur awesome pokemon but the problem being is Amoonguess Rage powder, Other Whimiscotts that are ran nearly same as you, and other supporter grass types are going to be noticed and Brave bird Tflame is coming for ya.
Facts on Whismicott: He needs Speed EVs so he can outspeed even a maxed out Thundurus and Tornadus. This being because it enables you to stop their status set ups.

So now the team is wiped by 2 obvious pokes and the set up left is vs a Choiced Hydreigon which are actually very nice.

Just Icey's thoughts

EDIT: I'm not expecting everyone to have the most key 100% solid team because I myself am in the same boat. Just sharing information that I learned from 2K+ battles that is really common that you don't want to have any of.
(Dec 16, 2014, 10:07 AM)IceyGamer Wrote: The genies have scarfed lando paired with Air Balloon Heatran, Cresselia, Thundurus for Twave, Tornadus for Tailwind, or other pokemon that don't get hurt by EQ.

This sentence scares me, because I'd have no idea what to do. How did you get around this?

I've finally decided to get into vgc and pokemon drop this S*** on me haha
here my answer eckley trick room team with a load of bulky mons try beating that u dam speedy genies :P

Edit: i still think i'm going to get anialated
Evil, you need to stop creeping on me...
I'm actually in the middle of trying to build a TR team Kappa
(Dec 16, 2014, 10:19 AM)Eckley Wrote: This sentence scares me, because I'd have no idea what to do. How did you get around this?

I've finally decided to get into vgc and pokemon drop this S*** on me haha

Your team has to be like an interchangeable tool. I can put X part with W part and it works fine. Then you can put Z part with W part and it is just as successful if not better. Sp.attackers will be so key to this because Intimidate Landorus Therian. So you get by that from using a SP.attacker. While on the other hand you need to stop Twave from killing your crew. You handle this two ways. Have a Lum berry or have a pokemon with aromatherapy that cures all status of your entire team. Because at this point you have a slight chance of getting off your move to try and OHKO landorus. IK what pokemon I will be using to take him down because I have experience with dealing with him. Heatran air ballon isn't as scary as it sounds. If you have a move that hits multiple opponents like Dazzeling gleam, you use that move to pop the air ballon then somewhat good EQ can OHKO him from his x4 weakness. Cresselia you need a taunter to stop its Trick room, Calm mind, and rest gimmicks. Stop those so they can only use attacking moves which usually is just Psychic or Ice beam and their ice beam isn't strong because it isn't STAB nor are they trained for SP.attacking.

(Dec 16, 2014, 10:22 AM)evilsabre Wrote: here my answer eckley trick room team with a load of bulky mons try beating that u dam speedy genies :P

Edit: i still think i'm going to get anialated

Problem with this is TR can slow them down and bulk does well but bulk isn't anything if you can't scratch them.
(Dec 16, 2014, 10:07 AM)IceyGamer Wrote: Don't be like "omg icey get out you meanie" then mods warn me.
I played competitive back in B/W and X/Y so IK what to expect now.
The genies have scarfed lando paired with Air Balloon Heatran, Cresselia, Thundurus for Twave, Tornadus for Tailwind, or other pokemon that don't get hurt by EQ. Lando being scarfed KOs both Excadrill and Barb easy. (BTW Don't say like "Well I can get a Iron head off before they-" Nope because Landos are tanky as heck. Then Lando also runs Rock Slide. KOs Charizard with ease. Venasaur awesome pokemon but the problem being is Amoonguess Rage powder, Other Whimiscotts that are ran nearly same as you, and other supporter grass types are going to be noticed and Brave bird Tflame is coming for ya.
Facts on Whismicott: He needs Speed EVs so he can outspeed even a maxed out Thundurus and Tornadus. This being because it enables you to stop their status set ups.

So now the team is wiped by 2 obvious pokes and the set up left is vs a Choiced Hydreigon which are actually very nice.

Just Icey's thoughts

EDIT: I'm not expecting everyone to have the most key 100% solid team because I myself am in the same boat. Just sharing information that I learned from 2K+ battles that is really common that you don't want to have any of.

Haha don't worry i'm actually very happy with all this. I didn't think about most of this stuff before. I really have the feeling that you're actually very limited to your pokemon choices thanks to those Genies, Heatran and Cresselia now :P