Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] First VGC2015 team
(Dec 16, 2014, 10:40 AM)Eeveeli Wrote: Haha don't worry i'm actually very happy with all this. I didn't think about most of this stuff before. I really have the feeling that you're actually very limited to your pokemon choices thanks to those Genies, Heatran and Cresselia now :P

I sure darn am. My whole team I used in the tournament has to get wiped and I have to breed new everything for VGC15. Only reason I am not sharing what I plan on using is because then people might copy and my team gets countered before I even get to do well with it.
yea my teams are being kept under wraps for the exact same reason alot of gimicks coming in my teams XD

and i'm not creeping i just spend all day in front of computers XD

and my bulky mons are carrying alot of power icey so ik i can drop them its just not getting destroyed by a taunt...

Edit: but as icey has said and as others are stating to realise the legendaries kill the number of viable team options
Overheat on Char Y is a very good option
(Dec 16, 2014, 11:12 AM)evilsabre Wrote: yea my teams are being kept under wraps for the exact same reason alot of gimicks coming in my teams XD

and i'm not creeping i just spend all day in front of computers XD

and my bulky mons are carrying alot of power icey so ik i can drop them its just not getting destroyed by a taunt...

Edit: but as icey has said and as others are stating to realise the legendaries kill the number of viable team options

What I meant with bulk not leaving a scratch was that a pokemon is nothing but bulk with no attack vs Hyper offense pokemon going at your bulk. Unless you are stalling with toxic and burn the odds aren't well that you break them down. But yes team ideas are nerfed greatly now.
I see you have nothing against TrickRoom. With Cresselia it should be much more popular so why not triyng to get something against it in your team.
at least 80% of the good teams i play have trick room pokemons or counter to trick room in their team.
i suggest a prankster taunt to deal with it.
Since Justin linked this topic into a tweet I guess it's a good thing to discuss the new VGC treats here too Kappa/

I looked into the VGC2013 meta a little while ago (I'm just guessing things won't be a lot different in VGC2015) and the things I have to find counters for are just too many to list. Most of these teams have double genies, heatran, Cresselia, ect. I feel like I should at least carry two of these in my teams to at least have a little chance to win some battles but my "I don't like using pokemons that everyone is using" brain is refusing to do so. Thanks to this I can't even manage to make a good counter team for these new treats.

I feel like the creativity (That I thought this VGC would have) is limited so much by now. Like, even the regi's are allowed this year.
[Image: 702313.gif]

But anyways, I will think about putting taunt on my prankster pokemon. It seems like a good idea, probably going to replace it for U-turn or some attack like that since i'm definity sticking with Sunny day and Encore :P
I've been thinking on putting together the new Move tutors and tailwind together for these most common leads and it is pretty nice. Will need to do more testing with it until I give more information but with this strat gets rid of the these legend threats.
i'm thinking i cud just run an ice mono team and win alot i mean with weaville + mamoswine i have stab se attacks vs 80% of some peoples team comps....
(Dec 17, 2014, 02:05 PM)evilsabre Wrote: i'm thinking i cud just run an ice mono team and win alot i mean with weaville + mamoswine i have stab se attacks vs  80% of some peoples team comps....

Remeber though Mega Lopunny and Kanga are now a difference makers. Those handle the genies but Heatran Air Ballon Heat wave/Magama storm. Then Focus sash is a thing as well they can run. Mono types IMO sound that they work well but once you put them into play they usually don't work as well as originally thought.