Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Tygaa2's 64 Player Tourney Team
Hey everyone, this was the winning team that I used for Justin’s 64 Player tournament. The tournament was held on Jan 4th and lasted through the 16th. Big thanks to Justin for hosting this tourney, it was a lot of fun! I’m planning to update this post with full EV spreads at a later time, but until then you can use the info below to get a general idea.
[Image: xgmzrb.png]
[Image: 4gkzdc.png]

Mega Kangaskan
Nature: Adamant
This Kang's ability was Inner Focus instead of the more common Scrappy ability.
This was a nice trick VS fast Pokemon that tried to Fake-Out Kang.
Kang also has a very different move set from its standard one from VGC 14
I used this set because Pokemon like Thundurus, Landorus, and Heatran are now allowed.
This Kang has enough HP EV's to always live Low Kick from opposing Mega Kang.

Mega Kang's Power
Double-Edge- OHKO Mega Swampert, Ludicolo, most Sylveon
Ice Punch- OHKO Lando-T [after Intimidate]
Low Kick- OHKO Bisharp, T-Tar, Heatran
Low Kick also OHKO’s 4/252/252 Mega Kangs.

Gengar
Nature: Timid
I was very happy to have my favorite Pokemon of all time on this team. The main role of Gengar was to Will-O-Wisp Physical Attackers. Gengar has Sludge Bomb instead of Shadow Ball to deal with the increasingly popular Sylveon. Taunt helps VS Trick Room teams, Amoonguss/Venasaur, Troll Smeargle, and Will-O-Wisp from Rotom.

Bisharp
With Mega Kang not having Power Up Punch, It makes Kang weak to Intimidate. Bisharp helps discourage my opponent from spamming intimidates on the team.

Landorus-T
Having Tailwind support on this team as speed control, I didn't feel the need to run Choice Scarf. I originally used Choice Band, until switching to a bulkier Assault Vest version of Landorus-T.

Landorus-T Lives
HP Ice from Thundurus & Zapdos
Ice Beam from Cresselia, Politoed, & Ludicolo
Hydro Pump from Rotom-W

Suicune
Nature: Modest
This Pokemon has great natural bulk and an even better support move in Tailwind. Suicune also provides great offensive pressure, allowing it to never be dead weight on the field. This Suicune has enough Speed EV's to out speed Modest Heatran.

Zapdos
Nature: Bold
This was a very bulky version of Zapdos that can handle super effective Rock attacks. Zapdos has Safety Goggles for protection VS Spore/Seep Powder. I have tried both HP Ice & Thunder Wave on this Zapdos and I like both sets a lot. With the lack of a Fire Type Pokemon on this team, I wanted Heatwave in the tournament for Pokemon like Ferrothorn.

Zapdos Defense
252 Atk Adamant Landorus-T Rockslide Guaranteed 3HKO [Doubles Damage]
252 Atk Jolly Garchomp only 3% chance to 3HKO [Doubles Damage]

**As stated earlier I’m planning to update this post with full EV spreads at a later time. Also, if anyone would like assistance in VGC team building, creating your own EV spreads, or with VGC battling strategy feel free to PM me.
[Image: 149ns6g.jpg]
#TeamForum

I actually had the chance to battle you Tygaa2 with your team awhile back now and it looks very solid on paper and in battle. I think the only things that beat this team are rain and relatively strong fighting types like conkeldurr or terrakion. Awesome team!

BTW and I thought I was the only one using av for Lando
Congrats Tygaa!! A well earned tourney win and i really like your team
(Jan 16, 2015, 07:07 PM)Black117 Wrote: I actually had the chance to battle you Tygaa2 with your team awhile back now and it looks very solid on paper and in battle. I think the only things that beat this team are rain and relatively strong fighting types like conkeldurr or terrakion. Awesome team!

BTW and I thought I was the only one using av for Lando

Thanks Black117
Conkeldurr is for sure this teams biggest weakness!
The way I would normally try to deal with rain is to lead Kang/Suicune or Zapdos
Turn 1 I don't mega Kang [Inner Focus] Double Edge Ludicolo and use Tailwind with Suicune or Zapdos.
Depending on who Ludicolo will target for Fake Out it's either KOed turn one or will be slower than Kang turn two.

Thanks Papuito, IceyGamer, & Evyii!
#TeamForum

Great and solid overall team. This will be REALLY hard to beat.
Congrats Tygaa! #TeamForum ftw! :P
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

Love that you did this tygaa. I'll probably feature it in a YouTube video when you get that spread posted!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
gg btw in the tournament today. I think I forgot to say it in stream. I was so mad at myself for not switching into milotic.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
That would be awesome Justin and great game! I'm sure glad you didn't switch b/c I would have been in some trouble :P
#TeamForum

(Jan 17, 2015, 12:08 AM)tygaa2 Wrote: That would be awesome Justin and great game! I'm sure glad you didn't switch b/c I would have been in some trouble :P

I'm starting a tourny as well feel free to jon and justin I could use ur help