Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Rate my Mega Gard Team
I've currently been rocking this team online and have even gotten a 3/2 win ratio in a tournament with it recently. But I wanna know what people think about it and if they have any advice on how to improve it. Smile Anyway...

PKMN: Gardevoir
Nature: Timid
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Gardevoirite
Moves: Hyper Voice - Psyshock - Energy Ball - Protect

PKMN: Suicine
Ability: Pressure
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Tailwind - Hydro Pump - Ice Beam - Protect

PKMN: Thundurus
Ability: Prankster
Item: n/a (undecided)
Moves: Thunder Wave - Thundebolt - Taunt - Protect

PKMN: Arcanine
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Item: n/a (undecided)
Moves: Flare Blitz - Helping Hand - Extreme Speed - Protect

PKMN: Garchomp
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Veil (Though I plan to swap out this Garchomp for one with Rough Skin.)
Item: Focus Sash
Moves: Earthquake - Dragon Claw - Rock Slide - Protect

PKMN: Bisharp
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Defiant
Item: Life Orb
Moves: Knock Off - Sucker Punch - Iron Head - Protect

I'm kind of unsure what to put on Arcanine and Thundurus. Sitrus Berry would be perfect for both of them, but since I can't run two of the same item, it's confusing to me which Pokemon should have which item. I'm leaning towards giving a Sitrus to Arcanine and giving Thundurus either Safety Goggles or even an Enigma Berry, but I feel like I could use a second opinion on this. And, for those wondering, Thundurus and Arcanine ran Sitrus and Enigma respectively during that one tournament I entered them in.

And, as you can probably tell, this team is basically about gimping the Speed of the opponent and setting up Tailwind to help Gardevoir become a threat to enemies that would likely OHKO her normally because they simply out-speed her. I placed Energy Ball on Gardevoir after coming across a lot of Mega-Swamperts early on after ORAS's release. I guess it just kinda stuck.

Lemme know what you guys think. What can I improve on? What can I swap out? What should I give to who? All that good stuff.

Thanks in advance,

Syd
(May 11, 2015, 02:51 PM)naitre Wrote: Do you have EVs for any of these Pokemon, or are you needing advice on them as well? It can be hard to tell how well a team synergizes or what the exact role of each mon is without knowing the EV spread, since many pokemon are very versatile and can accomplish a number of things.

I have EVs for them, yes. Sorry, should have listed them earlier. ^^;

-Each Pokemon, sans Arcanine, have 252 in Speed.
-Gardevoir has 252 in Special Attack.
-Garchomp, Bisharp, and Arcanine have 252 in Attack.
-Thundurus and Arcanine have 252 in HP.
-And Suicune's the one I was actually nervous about training. His Speed is maxed out, I gave him 40 EVs Special Attack, and 216 in HP. Upon looking back at my EV Spread plan for this team, I think I overdid it on Suicunes HP...
I would not invest 252 in every stat. VGC is more complex and spreading the evs out is vital in some situations. Doubling up is very common so bulk is relatively necessary.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(May 11, 2015, 07:51 PM)MudkipLegend Wrote: I would not invest 252 in every stat. VGC is more complex and spreading the evs out is vital in some situations. Doubling up is very common so bulk is relatively necessary.

Well, I suppose Suicune and Thundurus COULD use more Special EVs... maybe I could even sacrifice a bit of Arcanine's HP for some Special Defense or Physical Defense... or maybe Speed. :/ How would you suggest going about retraining them?
Since you're running Tailwind, it would be better to go for a bulky Gardevoir with enough EVs to outspeed a max speed Adamant Bisharp and Breloom who tend to give Gardevoir problems. A Modest or Bold nature would be good here.

Bold, Calm or Modest on Suicune. When EVing Pokemon, you always want to put the nature in the dominant stat. Suicune isn't very fast so putting the nature to increase speed wastes Suicune's potential. Also Scald over Hydro Pump. The burn chance can shut down the strongest physical attackers which can be game changing

You can run Thundurus with a Sitrus Berry and a Bold/Calm nature. Timid is more geared towards the offensive variant which normally runs a Life Orb. I would swap out Protect for Hidden Power Ice or Dark Pulse

A Careful/Calm/Impish Arcanine would work here depending on how you want to run Arcanine. I would recommend Heat Wave over Flare Blitz just for spread damage but Flare Blitz is not a bad choice.

Everything else on your team checks out well
[Insert signature here]
(May 13, 2015, 05:15 AM)Marcusube Wrote: Since you're running Tailwind, it would be better to go for a bulky Gardevoir with enough EVs to outspeed a max speed Adamant Bisharp and Breloom who tend to give Gardevoir problems. A Modest or Bold nature would be good here.

Bold, Calm or Modest on Suicune. When EVing Pokemon, you always want to put the nature in the dominant stat. Suicune isn't very fast so putting the nature to increase speed wastes Suicune's potential. Also Scald over Hydro Pump. The burn chance can shut down the strongest physical attackers which can be game changing

You can run Thundurus with a Sitrus Berry and a Bold/Calm nature. Timid is more geared towards the offensive variant which normally runs a Life Orb. I would swap out Protect for Hidden Power Ice or Dark Pulse

A Careful/Calm/Impish Arcanine would work here depending on how you want to run Arcanine. I would recommend Heat Wave over Flare Blitz just for spread damage but Flare Blitz is not a bad choice.

Everything else on your team checks out well

Thanks, Marcusube! I can take care of Arcanine and Gardevoir just fine, I think. Though I already caught Thundurus and Suicune with their current natures. D: > Well, Suicune anyway. The Thundurus I got as a trade.

Anything Pokemon you could suggest to refill their position? I already considered Zapdos, but I lost my X game before I could transfer it. A shame too. :/ Zapdos was really fun to use.
You can soft reset for Thundurus since you haven't caught it (assuming you have AS). Otherwise, you could ask a pokegenner to assist you or use non-legendary Pokemon. Resetting the game is an option but it's more of a loss than a gain if you look at it
[Insert signature here]
I see. ^^; Unfortunately, I got OR. Ah well. Smile Thanks for the tips!