Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC 2015 Charizard X Team
Hey guys whats up i just need some feedback on my main VGC Team right now. any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. thak you.

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Amoonguss (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Milotic (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 236 HP / 140 Def / 132 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dragon Pulse

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Protect

Hitmontop @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Quick Guard

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
maybe you can replace the sitrus berry on amoongus with leftovers or black sludge
cool post, i changed your title and added the prefix [rate my team] when you post you can choose what type of post it is right next to the title.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(May 21, 2015, 06:01 PM)Arctero Wrote: maybe you can replace the sitrus berry on amoongus with leftovers or black sludge

oh yea woops i had sitrus on both amoongus and thundurus i didnt even realise that. ill put leftovers on amoongus. thank you
(May 21, 2015, 06:08 PM)Justin Wrote: cool post, i changed your title and added the prefix [rate my team] when you post you can choose what type of post it is right next to the title.

oh yea i think i had the prefix there but i removed it for some reason. thanks justin
It is unnecessary to run max speed EVs on Charizard. Just run enough that after one Dragon Dance your speed goes over 214. Spread the EVs more on Amoonguss. There are a few special attacks such as Heat Wave and Psychic that Amoonguss can survive so don't take that out of consideration. You don't need Ice Beam AND Dragon Pulse since they check the same Pokemon. Keep Ice Beam and go for either Mirror Coat or Dragon Tail. You don't need HP Ground either so Icy Wind or something for speed control. Use a more defensive spread on Hitmontop. You're using it as a support mon not for offense. Also you don't need both Quick Guard and Fake Out in most cases plus running BOTH Wide Guard and Quick Guard hinders you more. Try Feint over one of these.

I missed this btw. Rocky Helmet works better than Sitrus Berry. You can switch out to regain the health so the Sitrus Berry is a bit redundant
[Insert signature here]
(May 22, 2015, 06:01 AM)Marcusube Wrote: It is unnecessary to run max speed EVs on Charizard. Just run enough that after one Dragon Dance your speed goes over 214. Spread the EVs more on Amoonguss. There are a few special attacks such as Heat Wave and Psychic that Amoonguss can survive so don't take that out of consideration. You don't need Ice Beam AND Dragon Pulse since they check the same Pokemon. Keep Ice Beam and go for either Mirror Coat or Dragon Tail. You don't need HP Ground either so Icy Wind or something for speed control. Use a more defensive spread on Hitmontop. You're using it as a support mon not for offense. Also you don't need both Quick Guard and Fake Out in most cases plus running BOTH Wide Guard and Quick Guard hinders you more. Try Feint over one of these.

I missed this btw. Rocky Helmet works better than Sitrus Berry. You can switch out to regain the health so the Sitrus Berry is a bit redundant

yea thanks for feedback i put icebeam instead of icywind on the milotic mostly because i didnt really need the icy wind for speed control since i got a prankster thunderwave on thundurus. and also if i want to run assault vest on milotic i cant run mirror coat on it im pretty sure without getting rid of the assault vest. also i put a more offensive spread on hitmontop because i felt like my team was already quite bulky to begin with such as the amoongus, milotic and thundurus as well as having max hp investment on the hitmontop. thats why i put no bulk on charizard x and just wanted to make sure that i can naturally outspeed most of my opponents pokemon. i have another charizard x set that has some bulk on it so maybe ill use that one. Also what would be a more ideal ev spread on my hitmontop as well as item since i cant have sitrus on hitmontop and thundurus thats why i put the lum berry on hitmontop. thanks again for feedback
(May 22, 2015, 08:50 AM)BladeTitan94 Wrote: yea thanks for feedback i put icebeam instead of icywind on the milotic mostly because i didnt really need the icy wind for speed control since i got a prankster thunderwave on thundurus. and also if i want to run assault vest on milotic i cant run mirror coat on it im pretty sure without getting rid of the assault vest. also i put a more offensive spread on hitmontop because i felt like my team was already quite bulky to begin with such as the amoongus, milotic and thundurus as well as having max hp investment on the hitmontop. thats why i put no bulk on charizard x and just wanted to make sure that i can naturally outspeed most of my opponents pokemon. i have another charizard x set that has some bulk on it so maybe ill use that one. Also what would be a more ideal ev spread on my hitmontop as well as item since i cant have sitrus on hitmontop and thundurus thats why i put the lum berry on hitmontop. thanks again for feedback

Hitmontop @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Close Combat
- Feint

This Hitmontop survives things as powerful as Hydreigon's Draco Meteor even when boosted with Choice Specs. Offensively it still has a 75% chance to OHKO Terrakion, non-defensive Hydreigon and all.

Mirror Coat is counted as a Special Attack not a Status so it does work with Assault Vest

EDIT : Change Hitmontop's item to either Black Belt or Lum Berry.
[Insert signature here]
ok perfect sorry it took me so long to reply back to you i appreciate the help alot
You're welcome Smile
[Insert signature here]