Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC Regionals 2015
okay so this is my team, I think its a fair team! Any comments/criticism/feedback is very much welcome!

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Protean
Timid
252 SpAtt/ 252 Speed / 4HP
Moveset:
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse
Scald
Ice Beam

I really like this Greninja as it can hit a lot of things for supereffective moves, hence the Expert Belt. However I am thinking of getting rid of Grass Knot for Mat Block just for a bit of defence. Thoughts?

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest
Pixilate
252 SpAtt / 252HP
Moveset:
Protect
Shadow Ball
Psyshock
Hyper Voice

You guys know the drill with this, just spam Hyper Voice

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Naughty
Sand Veil
252 Att / 252 Speed
Moveset:
Dragon Claw
RockSlide
Earthquake
Poison Jab

Haven't really used this very much, replaced Landorus-T with it just a few battles ago, would really appreciate any improvements on this set!

Arcanine @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
Intimidate
252 Att /252 Speed
Moveset:
Morning Sun
Close Combat
Flare Blitz
ExtremeSpeed

I really like this set, has won me a lot of battles! Really need a better move to replace Morning Sun as it really has no use while he's holding a Choice Scarf!

Venusaur - Mega @Venusaurite
Bold
Overgrow (Thick Fat)
252 HP / 188 Def / 76 SpAtt (Or something like that)
Moveset:
Synthesis
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Leech Seed

This is the backbone of my team, really hard to KO because of its insane defence and its ability! Not much I would change about this!

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Modest
Levitate
252 SpAtt / 252 Speed
Moveset:
Will O Wisp
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Taunt

Not sure about this one, I would ideally like to change it to a sableye so I can get the Prankster Will O Wisp and Taunt off, but will a Sableye hit as hard as this Gengar?
I can't give you much advice, but I would keep the Gengar over Sableye simply because Quick Guard is fairly common and it will ruin any Pranksters day. That is mostly just personal opinion/preference though.

You're gonna need some more Protect, too. Except maybe on Sylveon, since it is Choice Specs.
(Feb 11, 2015, 09:51 AM)Onihige Wrote: I can't give you much advice, but I would keep the Gengar over Sableye simply because Quick Guard is fairly common and it will ruin any Pranksters day. That is mostly just personal opinion/preference though.

You're gonna need some more Protect, too. Except maybe on Sylveon, since it is Choice Specs.

On battle spot i dont see much quick guard, however my rating is only around 1500 at the moment so that might be why!
And yes i do often find myself wishing i had protect, however i prefer to run synthesis on venusaur to make it extra annoying, especially against charizard Y's, and i prefer taunt and will o wisp on gengar as both are very useful, and i dont want to give up gengars coverage by getting rid of sludge bomb or shadow ball! Arcanine and sylveon cant run protect because they both have choice items, greninja im thinking of giving mat block and garchomp i dont know what move i would replace with protect!

thanks for your help!
Alright my post got deleted for the second time in a row (blame college Internet). Anyways I am gonna try to give over some things I notice about your team and all.

I'm a bit worried that Gengar won't be a efficient fast support without giving it a timid nature. Yes it will decrease the damage output but having to pull off was wow and icy wind is just too good to pass up.

Garchomp is another mon I think needs some revision. First off, try getting a garchomp with rough skin because sand veil is just too situational. At least rough skin ensures opposing teams won't just use a physical attack freely without taking that 1/8 damage. Naughty nature is somewhat detrimental if garchomp isn't using some special attacks like fire blast. I highly recommend changing it for either jolly or adamant if you have the time.
(Feb 11, 2015, 03:54 PM)Black117 Wrote: Alright my post got deleted for the second time in a row (blame college Internet). Anyways I am gonna try to give over some things I notice about your team and all.

I'm a bit worried that Gengar won't be a efficient fast support without giving it a timid nature. Yes it will decrease the damage output but having to pull off was wow and icy wind is just too good to pass up.

Garchomp is another mon I think needs some revision. First off, try getting a garchomp with rough skin because sand veil is just too situational. At least rough skin ensures opposing teams won't just use a physical attack freely without taking that 1/8 damage. Naughty nature is somewhat detrimental if garchomp isn't using some special attacks like fire blast. I highly recommend changing it for either jolly or adamant if you have the time.

gengar is actually a timid nature thats my mistake! That garchomp is the only one I have though and I really dont have the time or patience for breeding. I do have other life orb users such as Lando-T and Talonflame if you think one of them may be better suited to replace garchomp?
The thing is if you plan on adding Talonflame to the team, then Arcanine has to be reviewed since they both are fire types, yet play different roles. The only other life orb user I see on you team is Greninja which I wasn't gonna adress but it plays better now as a physically mixed attacker. By dumpin about 236 investment into attack with a naive nature, Greninja has a 93.5% of ohko non invested Mega Kang and Heatran. That's something to consider since Greg's protean ability is now far more useful than ever. If you want to play around with te synergy of the team the I suggest you use the team magma builder just so you see what pokemon types gives you team problems.
http://www.teammagma.net
(Feb 11, 2015, 04:34 PM)Black117 Wrote: The thing is if you plan on adding Talonflame to the team, then Arcanine has to be reviewed since they both are fire types, yet play different roles. The only other life orb user I see on you team is Greninja which I wasn't gonna adress but it plays better now as a physically mixed attacker. By dumpin about 236 investment into attack with a naive nature, Greninja has a 93.5% of ohko non invested Mega Kang and Heatran. That's something to consider since Greg's protean ability is now far more useful than ever.  If you want to play around with te synergy of the team the I suggest you use the team magma builder just so you see what pokemon types gives you team problems.
http://www.teammagma.net

thanks for that link! its very useful!
the only thing I would change is take the expert belt off of greninja and put life orb on and find another item for Garchomp
I'm your friendly neighborhood Dragon fun fact I'm one of the only ones who can take a ice beam And laugh right back at you with a outrage
#Teamforum

my suggestion, is dont run protect on your Sylveon. You have Choice Specs on her, and once you get locked into a move like Hypervoice, you cant protect anyways, and if you get locked into protect, your odds of a double protect are slim. You'd honestly be better off adding something else for coverage.
(Feb 11, 2015, 05:46 PM)Vexian Wrote: my suggestion, is dont run protect on your Sylveon. You have Choice Specs on her, and once you get locked into a move like Hypervoice, you cant protect anyways, and if you get locked into protect, your odds of a double protect are slim. You'd honestly be better off adding something else for coverage.

what move do you suggest is a good one? I also need the same thing with my arcanine and morning sun as he is choice scarfed