Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC Team (the first one failed badly, so I try again)
Hey guys!
With my first team being a pretty big flop, I started working on a new one, throwing the whole trickroom thing over board.
to start things of I looked over all the megas available and found myself wanting to get that mega-glalie going, so I started building around it.
It is working very well on showdown, as well as being a whole lot of fun to play with from time to time, so Im quite happy with it by now, but still feel that some things might have to be changed/improved.
So this is what I got right now:

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Return
- Protect

The mega that started everything off, started with a mixed one with ice beam but switchted to return since its far more powerful with the 252 att ev and the refrigerate its ice as well, protect to get into mega safely, EQ for coverage (ice+ground is quite nice for coverage) and explosion for massive damage to anything if death is near anyways or if its job has been done.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP / 84 Def / 180 SpD
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Yawn
- Grass Knot/U-turn

My dual screener.
244 HP to get to a leftovers number, the rest spread for maximum bulk with a decent physical defense, yawn to create some pressure, not sure wether to go with grass knot or u-turn though, but since I have no real water coverage and uxie is pretty light grass knot should be working right?

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Snarl
- Foul Play

The physical defensive counterpart for uxie, mostly supportive with tailwind, snarl and foul play as stabs plus their working wonders against either physical or spacial attackers, and taunt to shut down of opposing supports which i otherwise couldnt with no other taunt on the team.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 Att / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Bullet Punch
- Shadow Ball

Special lucario with bullet punch for priority especially against fairy types still some decent damage, possible mega. Mega lucario with adaptability is hitting hard, and even normal lucario with "no real item" if not going mega still does tons of damage is hitting super effective. not quite sure about the spread though, might be redone with a bit lesser speed. I dont know whom i outspeed and by how much right now, possibly going down in speed, even if just by 8 or 12 points, but still, a bit more damage on the bullet punch.

Togekiss @ Expert Belt
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere
- Protect

The second special attacker, the spread allows me to outspeed mega swampert and ludicolo in rain if tailwind is up by 2, the rest is invested in Hp for bulk.
I like the sets coverage but im not sure about the item.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Ev and nature are typical offensive garchomp i think. I chose EQ as strong stab and since it should replace Glalie as physical attacker if glalie doesnt fit the situation it also gives quite the same coverage. Rock slide for Talonflame and other flying type since the fling coverage depends on glalie ice type moves which would be gone the same way as its EQ with garchomp replacing it as physical attacker. I chose Poison Jab over a dragon type move to get some fairy coverage if i play togekiss/garchomp  instead of lucario/garchomp, since togekiss has no very effective attack for fairy types but covers dragons. If I would play Lucario/garchomp though i would be missing dragon coverage if i dont bring togekiss or glalie, so im not quite sure about this.

Now its your turn, give my your thaughts on the team and maybe you can answer some of my questions.
Thanks in advance, TheNukeGamer!
I can put in my two cents, I guess. This team is decent, I'll give you that. Tailwind Mandibuzz can be annoying. I feel like Physical M-Lucario is the better variant, but the set you run is up to you. I'd use Togekiss as a Follow Me user. Also not to sure about M-Glalie, I just don't think it's that great. Lastly, putting Dragon claw on Garchomp is something I highly recommend.
http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?36...0|468|448m

As you can see, your team is weak to Steel, Fire, Ice and Fairy, all of which are common offensive types in VGC. Your team would appreciate more Wide Guard support against Fairy and Fire attacks or even invest in a Pokemon that can OHKO threats such as Charizard Y and Sylveon.

Your team lacks speed control and would get bombarded by a Trick Room team. You can't just use fast Pokemon, drop in some slow ones or even pull a surprise move by using items such as Iron Ball or Macho Brace on at least two of your Pokemon.

This team will have trouble countering weather teams as well, especially Rain teams.

Now to the builds.

Mega Glalie

Mega Glalie is the core of your team. Going 252/252 isn't a great idea for two reasons, other team stratergies such as Tailwind/Trick Room/Weather can walk in and take it down since you have no bulk investments nor are you considering the speed EVs without and with the Tailwind. There is no need to go max speed because with Tailwind, even by just applying a nature with the perfect IVs in speed, you outspeed every threat as long as you aren't going against another Tailwind team

Bottom line, go more bulk and less speed, even try going Adamant over Jolly for more offensive power.

I highly recommend running the Moody ability over Inner Focus. You can protect against Fake Out and you might not even survive 2 consecutive Rock Slides anyways. Moody at least gives you +2 in a stat every turn while risking the -1 in another stat and it is VGC legal.

Uxie

Avoid the dual screens set up in VGC especially with a Psychic type. There is too much Taunt and Dark Types to take advantage.

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 244 HP / 84 Def Uxie: 174-205 (96.1 - 113.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Please keep that calculation in your mind because most Bisharp are EV'd to outspeed and possibly OHKO Uxie before you get the set up.

If you plan to run Uxie then try putting in better support moves such as Thunder Wave and Helping Hand. Protect would also be nice here to take advantage of the Leftovers. Grass Knot won't be as effective as Energy Ball in most situations.

Mandibuzz

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Mandibuzz: 210-248 (96.7 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Need I say more. Get something to counter Fairy types and Mandibuzz will be a threat to be reckoned with. You probably should run a Sitrus Berry because it's highly unlikely that you will be hit by a contact move.

Lucario

Take off Shadow Ball on Lucario for Protect and remove Focus Blast for Aura Sphere. I do believe in the high risk high reward notion but Focus Blast misses too often and will put you in tight spots. Also go for the Steadfast ability and take advantage of the speed boosts provided by every flinch.

Togekiss

Go Leftovers on Togekiss and run it more supportively. In case you don't get a Tailwind off with Mandibuzz, have Togekiss do it. Serene Grace Air Slash is also better than going Super Luck. The flinches benefit way more than the critical hits. Put protect/follow me on your Togekiss as well. You can keep Dazzling Gleam since Dragon, Dark and Fighting types are common and this helps providing more chip damage. If you aren't feeling the Dazzling Gleam then go Morning Sun/Roost for HP Recovery.

Garchomp

It would be better to either run a Focus Sash or Life Orb on Garchomp. It is still possible to OHKO Garchomp even if it has the Yache Berry. Also, Dual Chop is a better option than Poison Jab. The fairies you worry about take the same amount of damage from Rock Slide as they do from Poison Jab (well at least around as much, it won't OHKO either way so no means trying). Most would go for Dragon Claw but I like Dual Chop's sash breaking ability and it does have more damage output.

To be honest, this team is still a work in progress. Do more research on speed tiers and make more diverse EV spreads. You are running a Tailwind team so 252 Speed with a supporting nature is unnecessary. You also need to change out some Pokemon to bar off common weaknesses.
[Insert signature here]
Earthquake Lando and Ice Beamers go to town.
why would you run return on mega gallade?
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
I now changed things up a little and replaced togekiss with

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

and took of the lucarionite off of lucario, changed his spread to EVs: 12 Atk / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe and Im considering assault vest, balloon or choice specs right now, also I changed garchomps poison jab in to dual chop, uxie now carries knock off  instead of grass knot/energy ball since i have added venusaur and mandibuzz no longer has the rocky helmet but now carries a sitrus berry.
i think you should change that whole gallade
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Protect

use this togekiss to
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf