Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] New Shiny Breeding Exploit
Despite the Masuda method being quite effective in Generation VII, breeding for shinies still takes a lot of time especially if you're aiming to get every possible shiny Pokémon out there. But just recently, a glitch in the Pokemon Sun and Moon breeding system was serendipitously found and is now trending on the internet.

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Shiny Breeding Exploit
A glitch in the system enables players to transplant - or technically speaking; swap the nature, gender roll, IV inheritance and shiny status of one Pokémon (regardless of specie) to another one by simply resetting the game. Although it entails traditional breeding method, this exploit hastens the process of obtaining a shiny Pokémon for up to 8x the normal rate (depending on the specie you're trying get). Here's what you need:

Magikarp
Ditto
(preferable foreign)
Shiny Charm
Destiny Knot
The Pokémon you wanted to breed as shiny

Process:
Step 1: First, you need to save your game.
Step 2: Place your Ditto equipped with Destiny Knot in the nursery along with Magikarp (this Pokémon is essential as it hatches faster than any other Pokemon in the game).
Step 3: Collect 30 eggs
Step 4: Remove a parent from the nursery in order to halt egg spawns. The reason for this is because you will be saving shortly. Keep in mind that if you save the game while the nursery worker is holding the egg, you will not be able to change that egg.
Step 5: Hatch all 30 eggs
Step 6: If you didn't manage to get a shiny from the first batch of 30 eggs, repeat Steps 1-5. If an egg contains a shiny, proceed to Step 7.
Step 7: Remember or ideally take note which egg was the shiny. (i.e. 12th egg).
Step 8: Reset the game. DO NOT SAVE.
Step 9: You will now do the "swap." Place the Ditto, equipped with Destiny Knot, in the nursery along with your desired Pokémon (e.g. Wimpod).
Step 10: Collect 12 eggs
Step 11: Hatch the 12th egg.
Step 12: Shiny Wimpod!

Let me know if this works for you! Smile
+ Reps
May I ask where you found out this information?

I wonder if nintundus is gunna patch this later lol
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
(Dec 19, 2016, 10:55 AM)w2gMk Wrote: May I ask where you found out this information?

I wonder if nintundus is gunna patch this later lol

iTechPost and Reddit
+ Reps
here is actual information :
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comment...g_exploit/

did quite a bit of reading on this. Im costantly hatching eggs but never attempted it myself 
because it seems pointless and "gimmiky"
i honestly dont see the "GLitcH" aspect of this 

you are still hatching what could be 100's -1000's of eggs for a shiny 
you are still increasing your odds to max odds with Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

and if you do happen to get one wouldnt it seem alot less geniune?
almost like a hacked Shiny?? 

RNG Manipulation (to me atleast) is still very much a form of cheating and why not just hack a shiny if you don't care if it's legit seems like it would take alot less time for the same result 

idk call me odd but i like playing the oddz  for the legit prize 
plus with the oddz being at in all time low in this generation you hardly even have to work for one 
#AlwaysRemember 1/8192      
that is simply my humble opinion  

and as always 
may the Shiny Oddz be ever in your favor  Cool
Check out my Shiny Journal to share you own shiny adventures 
and see my new shiny pokemon!
Does it acctully work?
So basically I can get swap out a shiny I bred for another shiny
If only I could breed shinys
I think this method or something similar was in x an y, but im surprised it's still in the game, it was called the time machine method, Justin made a video about it a couple years ago here , cool to see it in, its a really cool method which makes getting shinnies alot faster

Good luck
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
As Jaron said, this is basically just the time machine method in Sun and Moon. It doesn't increase the chances of hatching a shiny (which the writer of this post more or less made clear), it only manipulates IV inheritance. It isn't cheating by any means because the RNG is something that came with the game so using it to your advantage to get those perfect shinies is still a legit method
[Insert signature here]
@Marcusube   " It isn't cheating by any means "
how do you figure? 
 ill start off by saying no matter what species of pokemon you are breeding,
breeding in gen7 is the easiest form of breeding hands down end statement 

As i stated in my comment on this thread TO ME any form of any in game manipulation is to be considered a form of cheating
(in the words of the wise WHY DONT YOU PLAY THE GAME?? <---Daft PUnk))
no ifs ands or buts infact i find it to be quite silly that people are arguring the validity of "gaming the system" and it offers a clear look into their own actual perspective on this matter if you have to ARGUE " this is not cheating" theres a really good chance its a form of cheating 

and not sure what you mean by this either? 
" the RNG is something that came with the game"
without RNG it wouldnt even have a collecting aspect 

but the ability to fix these odds is not in the game?? never has been 
so what are you implying by the statement?? 

that because its programmed in the games code you have the right to " MANIPULATE" the RNG to your advantage?? without it being considered CHEATING?? 
I definitly dont agree with that 

i do understand the complexities of breeding a LEGIT competivite pokemon but IMHO there are two aspects to this 
(and you cant acknowledge one without acknowledging the other) 

1. you play the RNG odds to put in a painstaking amount of eggs to breed perfect parents and then a perfect competitive shiny 
(which could take weeks, months, who knows even years)      
or 
2.you play the system and fix the outcome of a breed   
(could take less than a day or a couple of hrs) 

if you arent acknowledging the amount of time some people but into breeding perfect LEGIT competitive shinies you are clearly missing the point here 

IMHO anything that is breed with a perfect IV ditto is not legit because the parent is hacked and therefore its a form a cheating  

why not just hack it in if you dont care of its validity ?? most people who showcased this method in previous generations stopped using it because of discord throughout the shiny hunting community arguruing the validity of this method and the general consensus was that  "if you are doing any form of in game manipulation for A SHINY POKEMON it is NOT LEGIT no ifs ands or buts "   

Hope this doesnt come across as hostile 
but as an open invitiation to actively engage in a discord on this subject 

i look forward to your response !
Check out my Shiny Journal to share you own shiny adventures 
and see my new shiny pokemon!
Do you have to have a shiny charm.