Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] [Spoiler] How to optain the shiny charm in Sun/Moon
(Nov 12, 2016, 07:04 AM)Confide Wrote: @JackMat98 right now the only method we know of is having a wild pokemon call in an ally, the allies have an increased chance of being shiny and having good IVs. Apparently there's also an item that increases the chance a pokemon will call in an ally as well.

Does that only work with Totem Pokemon?
I don't think it would be that easy to get the shiny charm, though it might be. they seem to be pushing this generation more than past ones, so that could be a reason. but it does suck that they got rid of horde mode though. I never used it mostly because I had like no patience to do so, but nevertheless I know how a lot of people used it especially on here. But with all these new ideas in this game like Z-moves, the Alolan form, and wild pokemon being able to call for support, I feel that it'll be a black and White kind of case when it comes to moving Pokémon over from X/Y/OR/AS to S/M. The transfer system might be put in late game that way if you do want your pokemon, youre going to have to wait a really long time for it as I believe you had to do at least half of the post game to access the PokeTransfer in Black/White. But what makes me the most scared is the fact that they might be replacing Mega evolutions with the Z-moves but we will have to wait and see
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
(Nov 12, 2016, 07:54 AM)pritchman227 Wrote: I don't think it would be that easy to get the shiny charm, though it might be.

@pritchman227 its already confirmed by people of the hacked ROM with pictures and everything ^^
@JackMat98 I'm not sure, but that's the only method I've been hearing about. Apparently wild pokemon will call in allies if their HP is low or you use the special item to make them call in allies. I have no clue if it's for totem pokemon only or for specific pokemon species or anything, but this method in theory sounds pretty okay for a new shiny hunting method (as long as it's possible for EVERY pokemon, though).
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
(Nov 11, 2016, 08:17 PM)GingerxPug Wrote:
(Nov 11, 2016, 06:30 PM)wundrweapon Wrote: *sigh* Nintendo just put a third layer onto ruining S/M for me :/

2 Questions

1) What's exactly ruining S&M for you

2) Why are you complaining about getting the Shiny Charm must faster and less stressfully Huh

1) firstly, the move effectiveness in the battle menu means that the knowlege of type charts is now almost worthless. I don't mind easy games, but a game series like Pokemon - played by people of all ages - shouldn't be built almost exclusively for the 5-year-olds. Gen III and gen IV did the balancing best with a nice blend of childishness and difficulty. Gen VII won't be like that. Secondly, each generation makes a worse tutorial. I thought that with gen VII, they might realize that the gen V and VI tutorials were actually on-par with gen II (sorta), but if the demo says anything, then that's not true.
2) The Shiny Charm was my only motivation for completing the NatDex. Completing the NatDex was the only thing putting in replay value after finishing the game twice over. By making the shiny charm AlolaDex-only, it means that the only motivation I had to really add fun to a game I'd already finished is gone. Plus, this would add inflation to the shiny market. I like shinies being hard. I like that MM+SC is only a 1/512 chance. I like that getting the 1/512 chance is a long, hard undertaking. But again, the game's being marketed to the 5-year-olds now. Yes, it'll be faster and less stressful to get, but I liked that stress. I liked that speed. I loved the challenge. ORAS was nearly perfect to me, practically equal to Pt. But S/M threw that all away to make my cousin, age four, have a happy Christmas
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
@wundrweapon I can confirm that if you don't use the EXP share, much like X and Y, these games will be challenging. Regarding the type match up thing, it's only after you've beaten a Pokémon of that species. I also believe that it doesn't happen online, but I could be wrong. A lot of new people are joining This generation, with the advent of Pokémon Go. Asking them to learn the match up of 18(?) types, and endless combinations of them is a bit ridiculous. If you already know the type match ups, what's the big deal? And believe it or not, Pokémon is designed for and marketed to children.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(Nov 12, 2016, 10:56 AM)Squeab Wrote: @wundrweapon I can confirm that if you don't use the EXP share, much like X and Y, these games will be challenging. Regarding the type match up thing, it's only after you've beaten a Pokémon of that species. I also believe that it doesn't happen online, but I could be wrong. A lot of new people are joining This generation, with the advent of Pokémon Go. Asking them to learn the match up of 18(?) types, and endless combinations of them is a bit ridiculous. If you already know the type match ups, what's the big deal? And believe it or not, Pokémon is designed for and marketed to children.

exp share: I loved that - a lot. it was effectively a difficulty switch, which lines me right up to...
type matchup: my problem is that the type chart was one of the few things left to keep the games hard. if it could be disabled I'd be alright with that, as I wouldn't be forced to be treated like a 2-year-old - if I wanted easy, I'd have it. then...
marketing: duh, but their target audience practically drops one year every generation. in gen VII, as long as you can read, the games will be easy to complete for you. the exp share was a difficulty toggle, but the type matchup thing is always in easy mode. B2W2 did it right, ORAS did it right, SM is doing it wrong. in my humble opinion, of course

sidenote: another thing I don't like about gen VII: in Pokemon, even though you're playing a JRPG, you feel like it's its own genre. in gen VII, that feeling is lost. maybe it's just me having played too many 'mon games, but that special spark is gone now. maybe - just maybe - the god(s) of gen VIII will hear my pleas...
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to