Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Could Marowak make it in doubles?
Could Marowak be viable in doubles? I completely understand that it's not the greatest pokemon, but its one of my favorites and I was wanting to find a way to use it.
Marowak has pretty bad speed but I have seen people use him in VGC2015 and he works best with tailwind/trickroom teams
I really think it could make it in VGC. It has the perfect stats for a Trick Room team and Battle Armor makes it crit free.
[Insert signature here]
Marowak has access to lightning rod which can redirect all electric attacks away from its partners. I think people can find ways to make Marowak viable in VGC 2015 but remember that with the power creep and bulkier mons won't be kind to it.
Lightning rod is good and all but Battle Armor is very good as well
[Insert signature here]
I think so. Sejun Park used Marowak under Trick Room in 2013, so I think that would be a good starting point -- a trick room team centered around Marowak. Marowak also has access to Lightningrod, so you may want to use a trick room setter weak to electric like Jellicent.
Marowak with Thick Club as item is great. It may not have the best stats but it hits hard when it's supported by trick room or tailwind.
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

I'm leaning toward something like this one with a couple tailwind users. I've never been a big fan of trick room, I know its a viable strategy but I just dislike having to build around it.
Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod (Battle armor could probably work)
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bonemerang (just because it hits harder than EQ)
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Protect
Your moveset looks good, but I'd replace Protect with Detect. It probably won't matter, but Detect can be a better choice in case you run into a pokemon with Imprison. Also, you may want to replace low kick with an elemental punch if it fits your team better.