Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TCG] How to take care of TCG cards?
Just ordered my very first booster box after watching some pack pull videos, which intrigued me very much. Are there any methods to make sure the cards stay mint FOREVER? What other products must I buy to start my crazy collection.
You should buy card sleeves, as well as a book that can store them.

Alternatively you can buy the 20 year anniversary pokemon tcg kit which comes with card sleeves as well as a place to store them. I saw one at walmart for like, $40.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
Card sleeves is the way to go. I don't have pokemon cards but my yugi oh cards all have sleeves. I also have a binder for cards. So I put them in sleeves then put them in a binder
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

Yep, imediatly sleeving and placing them in your binder is the way to go. Just make sure your binder dosn't creass anywhere where it might put pressure on the cards. Some of the flimsy cheaper ones with built in pages do this. I also don't reccomend placing a card in the front and back of the same slip if your going for perfection even though it saves on having to get more pages. For somthing that you want to really protect grab a pack of penny sleeves. A card in them will fit into a binder just a little better then a full sized sleeve you would normally use for play. If there's anything you DO want to use for play, take a penny sleeve and put it on the card with the opening facing the bottom of the card, then slide that into a regular play sleeve with the opening of that faceing the top. 

I was a really big into TCG for awhile and kinda upset I didn't hang onto more when i quit just for collection purposes. Just 2 pages of ampharoses and some EX's.
@TrainerDerek
@jouzea
@w2gMk

Thank you so much for the tips. Made my order and can't wait for them to come!!!