Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TUTORIAL] How to get potentially a 6 IV Ditto for FREE in Sun and Moon
[Image: best-6iv-ditto-guide-easiest-pokemon-sun...-ditto.png]
Getting a good IV Ditto is made amazingly simple in Sun and Moon and ANYONE who wants a good IV Ditto should try this method first before asking to get one through a trade or other means (such as a giveaway) because people who don't cheat are being banned for this. It is entirely possible to get a 5 IV Ditto perhaps dare I say a 6 IV Ditto using this method (although getting a 6 IV Ditto is roughly a 1/1024 chance). Still I highly recommend catching one yourself because it is definitely more satisfying catching one instead of someone giving it to you for free.

So first you will need: 
  1. Smeargle only knowing Recycle
  2. Pokemon knowing False Swipe
  3. Pokemon with Trick (or another item transferring move such as Switcheroo) holding a Leppa Berry
  4. Pokemon that only knows a move that kills itself (Healing Wish, Memento)
  5. And at least 2 Adrenaline Orb
These are so simple to get in game it is a wonder that no one is doing it. Next head to Route 10 (Third Island) Ditto has a 10% of being encounted here.

The method is as follows:
  1. First lead with a the Smeargle first turn and use Adrenaline Orb
  2. Next move switch into your Leppa Berry Pokemon and use Trick
  3. Next switch into your False Swiper and False Swipe
  4. Next switch into your Pokemon that kills itself and choose the Adrenaline Orb in the item menu
  5. Jam the A button for 20 minutes if your not looking or after you achieve a chain of 30 Ditto if your counting
  6. Catch the the Ditto that was most recently summoned
Because you are allowed to only use 1 orb a battle the last orb is never used giving you infinite turns to not use your self killing move. An easy 4 IV Ditto you don’t even have to pay attention to get. This beats waiting for someone online who may not even respond to you, this literally takes close to zero effort and will leave you with the satisfaction of a good IV Ditto YOU caught yourself. Hope I helped A LOT of people out Smile.

EDIT: So after bank is available the best kills itself Pokemon you can use is Dusknoir. Pressure apparently raises the chance a Pokemon calls for an ally and he learns Memento through breeding. I will add more info when it is available.

*image from itechpost.com
i did this like a month ago, got to a 150~ chain where i encountered a shiny! was a 4iv 

few days later got my 6iv havent touched the 4iv since  Undecided

btw #clickbait (title) :P
@tikrit i dont think its clickbait at all, that is the method to getting high IV dittos that are not genned/modded lol they wont always be 6IV but you work hard to get as many high IV dittos as you can to get to breed good competitive pokemans.
It's all about Effort to earn one. Great guide @Kidakairis Good Luck chaining for one!
Keep up the good work!
@Gvng hey, not trying to put down kidakairis work, i rephrased my line.

This is pretty much the perfect way to chain dittos. theres most likely nothing more to add and its very well written.