Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[Team Reveal] "Thats MY move you cant use it" 3rd Place JFlynn Tourney
Wink 
This is the team i used for a 16 person tourament on Justin's Twitch Channel on Sept. 6th, as you can tell (or not Kappa ) from the title the main idea around this team was the move Imprison, when i found out lando and gard could learn the move i wanted to make a team soo bad and hear it is, before i start i would like to thanks a couple people GMX and Kiev for helping me with editing of the team, and Squeab for helping me get the team ready for the tournament.

And yes all my pokemon are named after chinese dynasties Kappa 

[Image: 282-mega.gif]
Sui (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite  
Ability: Trace  
EVs: 108 HP / 124 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Psychic  
- Imprison  
- Protect  

So we start with Gardevior the Pokemon i based the team around, of course i wanted the move Imprison, the main purpose of the move is to shut down Sylveon and other Gardeviors BUT having protect on gard is the best thing ever so while gard is out and used imprison no one on your opponents team can protect, which can really affect your oppoents team. I possibly may be tempted to switch out Psychic for Shadow ball just to counter Aegislash with imprison (even thought it might have flash cannon). Finally the EV spread is a pretty standard one.

[Image: 645-therian.gif]
Jin (Landorus-Therian) @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 172 SpD / 80 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Rock Slide  
- Imprison  
- Superpower  

The other star of the team lando, also carrying Imprison, maily used to counter other lando's can other pokemon such as Terrakion or garchomp carrying rock slide and EQ. At first i had protect on lando, but i decided to replace it with superpower to deal with Kang (even thought it doesnt kill Kang most of the times), finally the ev spread is used to survive Hp ice from Thundurus and possibly ice beam from milo and suicune. oh and did i mention lum berry Kappa

[Image: 681.gif]
Ming (Aegislash) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Stance Change  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe  
Quiet Nature  
- King's Shield  
- Shadow Ball  
- Flash Cannon  
- Wide Guard  

To deal with some threats that Lando and Gard have to deal with, i decided to go for Aegislash and a basic set, the only thing different it that i added 4 extra evs in speed to potentialy outspeed other aegislashes and get the KO.

[Image: 245.gif]
Qing (Suicune) @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Pressure  
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Tailwind  
- Scald  
- Ice Beam  
- Protect  (ill maybe remove this move for snarl in the future)

Originally i had raikou here with snarl to break down my opponents, but i decided that i needed a tailwinder to deal with faster threats and also to speed up my landorus from its lower speed stat due to me using a more bulkier set. Again another generic set and and ev spread i found on the interwebs.

[Image: 635.gif]
Tang (Hydreigon) @ Choice Specs  (may change it out for choice scarf)
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Draco Meteor  
- Dark Pulse  
- Heat Wave  
- Earth Power  

Hydreigon is one of the powerhouses of the team able to quickly deal threats easily, i know its kind of stupid to put heat wave on Hydreigon its just that no one expects it, its more powerful (probably does less than a flamethrower since it has to hit more than one opponent tho') and it still has a decent accuracy. The other three move are common one for a hydreigon set, and i decided to go for a choice specs for added power and tailwind can help boost my speed already.

[Image: 591.gif]
Zhou (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Regenerator  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Relaxed Nature  
- Rage Powder  
- Spore  
- Giga Drain  
- Protect

Finally Amoongus able to help deal with my weakness to Milotic and Suicune (still have a weakenss to them but im able to deal with it), and also able to support with rage power and spore, i dont use amoongus as much but he still is a big help to the team, and was able to get my 3rd in the tournament.

Remember guys ive already have this team and arent planning on make big changes to the team, thats the main reason why i didnt put the RMT tag on, but if you have small suggestions such as moves for items i may beable to go for it, but i just wanted to post this so people could see it if hey were curious.
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Disappointed in the Landorus-T set you should have used this one instead

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Normal Gem  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Explosion  
- Swords Dance  
- Imprison  
- Protect

Went with the regular 4/252/252 set since Landorus-T is going to die anyways from Explosion and you want to take down someone fast so Jolly is opted. Imprison is to shut down any Pokemon with Protect since its the most broken move in VGC and Sword Dance as they switch out. Once ready, explode till your hearts content. Mega Gengar (any ghost types) and Gothitelle make great partners as they trap anything not a Ghost. Mega Gengar is a better partner as once Lando-T goes down, you can then Perish Song and make that person ragequit.  Angel

Just take out the Ghost, Wide Guard or Damp users (looking at you Pod) and you're fine kappa

Congrats Anime on your finish as I was thinking about joining the tourney myself but having won Pod's tourney earlier and being tired meant I'd had to hit the bed and sleep. Imprison is probably 2 of the under used moves that you can use with Mega Gardevoir, the other being encore. Since so many people use protect on their Pokemon, this forces them to switch out or take the hit, making it incredibly easy to make plays and setup the endgames. The only time I've ever seen Imprison Lando-T was on a Mega Gengar Perish Trap team to prevent opposing Lando-T's from using EQ or other attacks. Its definitely an interesting tech move though not the first I'll consider on non choice item Lando-T sets.

I do recommend that you have Modest Aegislash since many players are opting for faster LO Aegislash sets to beat the mirror matches. Specs Hydreigon is power. Nothing to say about that other than maybe opting for Flamethrower since Heat Wave can miss and trigger Heatran's Flash Fire. Overall you have a nice team there Anime and you just have to make edits that's all. Just try not to hit your own Pokemon unless you absolutely need to.

btw that Explosion Lando-T is legit
ohh now i'm a bit sad we didnt end up battling each other in the tourney Anime haha. I was carrying a imprison Gardevoir with me too! (It's such a great move, i love it PogChamp )

But this is a great team, gratz on your third place! You got third and second, now it's time to go for the first place Kappa
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

(Sep 7, 2015, 08:04 AM)Black117 Wrote: Disappointed in the Landorus-T set you should have used this one instead

Jolly Nature  
- Explosion  
- Swords Dance  
- Imprison  
- Protect

Went with the regular 4/252/252 set since Landorus-T is going to die anyways from Explosion and you want to take down someone fast so Jolly is opted. Imprison is to shut down any Pokemon with Protect since its the most broken move in VGC and Sword Dance as they switch out. Once ready, explode till your hearts content. Mega Gengar (any ghost types) and Gothitelle make great partners as they trap anything not a Ghost. Mega Gengar is a better partner as once Lando-T goes down, you can then Perish Song and make that person ragequit.  Angel

Just take out the Ghost, Wide Guard or Damp users (looking at you Pod) and you're fine kappa

Congrats Anime on your finish as I was thinking about joining the tourney myself but having won Pod's tourney earlier and being tired meant I'd had to hit the bed and sleep. Imprison is probably 2 of the under used moves that you can use with Mega Gardevoir, the other being encore. Since so many people use protect on their Pokemon, this forces them to switch out or take the hit, making it incredibly easy to make plays and setup the endgames. The only time I've ever seen Imprison Lando-T was on a Mega Gengar Perish Trap team to prevent opposing Lando-T's from using EQ or other attacks. Its definitely an interesting tech move though not the first I'll consider on non choice item Lando-T sets.

I do recommend that you have Modest Aegislash since many players are opting for faster LO Aegislash sets to beat the mirror matches. Specs Hydreigon is power. Nothing to say about that other than maybe opting for Flamethrower since Heat Wave can miss and trigger Heatran's Flash Fire. Overall you have a nice team there Anime and you just have to make edits that's all. Just try not to hit your own Pokemon unless you absolutely need to.

This is hilariously brutal, freaking love it. Gonna make a team around it ASAP Smile
I knew this team looked familiar Kappa
Like it a lot, didn't secretly steal parts of it or anything Kappa
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(Sep 7, 2015, 08:34 AM)Aether Wrote:
(Sep 7, 2015, 08:04 AM)Black117 Wrote: Disappointed in the Landorus-T set you should have used this one instead

Jolly Nature  
- Explosion  
- Swords Dance  
- Imprison  
- Protect

This is hilariously brutal, freaking love it. Gonna make a  team around it ASAP Smile

jokes on you, i dont run damp Kappa
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Sep 7, 2015, 07:00 AM)Animekid7 Wrote: This is the team i used for a 16 person tourament on Justin's Twitch Channel on Sept. 6th, as you can tell (or not Kappa ) from the title the main idea around this team was the move Imprison, when i found out lando and gard could learn the move i wanted to make a team soo bad and hear it is, before i start i would like to thanks a couple people GMX and Kiev for helping me with editing of the team, and Squeab for helping me get the team ready for the tournament.

And lastly I'd like to thank Eckley for being so amazing. Even though he had nothing to do with the team Heart

Awww you're too kind Anime <3
I like the team, Congrats on 3rd place :]
Brilliant team Anime.. there is a good synergy and you have an answer to almost anything. I would say that you rely on Tailwind a lot since your team is not a fast one but you can also play around it thanks to the great typings and coverage of your team.

There's no need to change a lot here.. you just need to adjust some small things (for example you would need 92 Spe EVs on Lando-T to outspeed Jolly Breloom.. then you could try a Modest Aegislash to outspeed and KO any slower Aegislash even if they are in Shield Form)
Thanks guys ill definatly be making a couple changes to the team, and possibly using it in future tournament :D , but not next one im working on a new one for that Wink
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~