Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

The next pokemon game that YOU want!
What Pokemon game release do you long for? What content would you want in it? What remakes do you want next and what would you like changed in it?

(Before I talk I just want to say this is some thoughts I'm having. I know the pattern of Game Freaks Pokemon game releases and that we can expect Z/x2 & y2 next.)

I think I would like to see another remake before the end Gen6. And I don't think it will be Diamond/Pearl. The next games to remake will be Red and Blue. They are chronologically the next pokemon games up for a paint job and their 20th Anniversary is fast approaching.
However, would gamefreak give it a fresh spin rather than an ORAS treatment? (By this I mean improved character and story developments, on top of the graphics)
To be honest, I think most people would be very happy with the ORAS treatment of Red and Blue as a release, but I for one would like something completely different: a Black & Black 2/White & White 2 sequel style game.
This could be done by remaking Pokemon Yellow and the sequel (set 3 years later) Pokemon Crystal.

The alterations Game Freak would be mainly to Pokemon Yellow. Perhaps with access to a 3 years earlier Johto as a post-game which would mirror the 3 years later Kanto post game in Crystal. With things like the magnet train station being built and Faulkner's dad being the first gym leader instead of him etc..
The storyline could have a closer connection than before with the Rocket admins in Crystal making appearences in Yellow, with maybe a origin story for Mewtwo & Mew based around the first movie or Pokemon adventures manga which would give more bulk to the Team Rocket storyline.
I think this would be a fresh take on the games and would be a real reason to buy both games (other than being a sweaty Nintendo fanboy Kappa )
I honestly dont see a Z being made. Maybe a x/y2 as theres alot of unexplored stuff on the previous games. Other than that I really have no clue, it seems theyve gone through remaking all the old games already. I'd just expect new gens at this point.
I'd like to see a pokemon game where you control both protagonist and the pokemon. So you'd be playing through the story as the human, but when it comes to battles, you get to control the pokemon. This way the battles will be more like the anime, where dodging/hitting attacks iso down to you rather than the rng
Pokemon Purple and Gray must be a thing one day.
I miss Team Rocket & Giovanni. I want them to replace the lame team flare from X and Y
#TeamForum

there will never be a team as good as Team rocket.
I've always been keen on a massive, multi-region Pokemon game where you can explore every region in the Pokemon world. Not as an MMO, though, I already expect too many problems there. But I do like the idea of it also being multiplayer.
I think a game where you could be a member of any of the teams gone rogue. Perhaps realizing the way they do things isn't right and wants to correct his/her mistake. Obviously they are not going to make a game where you get to be one of the bad guys, but it would be neat to have that inside perspective. Maybe even as one of the members kids. Your rival in G/S/C/HG/SS intrigued me and when he was revealed to be the son of Giovanni and even though we know his story, a new character going through something similar would be neat.
(Jan 8, 2015, 04:20 PM)Knight Owl Wrote: I think a game where you could be a member of any of the teams gone rogue. Perhaps realizing the way they do things isn't right and wants to correct his/her mistake. Obviously they are not going to make a game where you get to be one of the bad guys, but it would be neat to have that inside perspective. Maybe even as one of the members kids. Your rival in G/S/C/HG/SS intrigued me and when he was revealed to be the son of Giovanni and even though we know his story, a new character going through something similar would be neat.

Isn't that the basic storyline of Pokemon Coliseum for the GC? where you used to be part of Team Snagem then you go against them (then dancing Ludicolos etc) :P
Ha.If it is I missed it. Other than Pokemon Snap I've only played the handheld games.