Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Type Effectiveness in Battle
Does anyone else feel that sun/moon should take away the mechanic of showing the effectivenes of each move on your opponent? I understand it helps in learning the types, but it seems it is unecessary and too easy.
Eh. A friend said it makes it look too cluttered, but I barely even notice it's there. Might as well keep it for the people new to the series. Also for people like me, who have trouble remembering some typings for the newer pokemon. I'm looking at you, Carbink.
Personally I enjoy it. Helps me remember resistances which I've always been a little forgetful of.
It definitely helps newer players to understand battling mechanics (just like the stats change function). As a somewhat experienced competitive player, I have no problem with. If things like these can increase the amount of people whom play competitive I'm down for it.
I like it, but often times I forget what's good against what. I took a long break from Pokemon before getting into ORAS a few months ago, so things like fairy types are still something I don't have a good memory for.

The type move mini-game in the Festival Plaza is greattoo, does a good job of teaching us resisances/super effective moves.
To be honest, I personally dislike that Gamefreak implemented it as it just makes the game easier for new comers. It's a fun experience in finding out the type matchups yourself in story mode though I can see how convenient it would be for a competitive setting
I constantly find myself looking at a big chart about type matchups online, so I find this feature a good thing. GF should have at least put this in the options where veterans could turn this off.
I like it. It lets me find out what hidden power my pokemon has.

The type matchup I don't particularly care much about, since I know pretty much how all the types work (except really obscure/new types like water/bug)

What I like however, is that I can see stat changes now. No more taking a sip of water, opponent SD's or something, I never see it, then I get ruined. No more need for me to count my own pp to see my own stat changes. That is what I like about the new thing.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
To all of the people saying you don't have to figure it out anymore, it doesn't show up on your first time encountering a Pokémon. This means yeah you still have to figure it out just like before. After that it's an easily missed convenience.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
Strictly for casual players or new players to competition. That's been the way Gamefreak has been making the new games for a while. Shouldn't make a difference to returning competitors, but to newbies it's a good feature to have. Moon is my wife's first Pokemon game ever and she's finding the whole experience enjoyable.