Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Help me pick a Mega for my team?
So I got tired of using M-Salamence because he's EVERYWHERE, his weaknesses are annoying, and he's pretty predictable. I want to find a new Mega to use on my team, focused on taking out popular Megas (esp M-Mawile) and the Genies. (since they're pretty prevalent in VGC '15 atm, and I feel like they're some of the biggest threats) Here is the rest of my team below. My team is pretty solid so far, I've been using it on Showdown a lot and I've been doing decent. Let me know what you think!

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Pixilate
Level: 50
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Def / 200 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Return
- Shadow Ball

My Salamence/Dragon killer. I started noticing Hyper Voice Sylveon becoming more prevalent, so I decided to use her for myself and I love it. I also gave her Moonblast, Shadow Ball, and Return to deal with Wide Guard.

Kato (Raichu) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 28 HP / 4 Def / 220 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Protect

So glad one of my favorite Pokemon is somewhat viable in VGC. I really like taking advantage of his ability with Milotic. (and Salamence when I used him) I usually lead with him because Fake Out and then decide if I want to keep him in or attack. I more than likely keep him in if I lead with Raichu & Milotic. I also have Grass Knot there just another non-Electric attack. I might change it since I don't use it a lot, let me know what you guys think.

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

I almost took him off my team, but I really like his ability. And considering the amount of Intimidate in VGC '15, I kept him in. Plus once I get that boost, or if he's the fastest on the field I can usually 1/2 OHKO some opponents. The only annoying thing about Bisharp is his weakness to moves like EQ. I think I'm going to keep him for now though. Plus his resistance to Poison/Psychic is really nice too.

Fishy (Milotic) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 54 HP / 40 Def / 162 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Safeguard
- Recover

I love my Milotic. I just trained this guy IRL in ORAS, and recently changed two of his moves. It used to be Protect & Dragon Tail in the bottom two slots, but I put in Safeguard and Recover instead. I was thinking recently that I REALLY wanted a Taunt user on my team (because status moves were killing me), but this is the next best thing. 

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 176 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
- King’s Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard

Wide Guard is so nice dealing with Rock Slide, EQ, Hyper Voice... you get the idea. Smile

Any team advice is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading guys!
You already have Milotic on your team to deal with Intimidate, so I suggest switching Bisharp out for Mega-Mawile. Anyway, I think you should try a Wide Guard Aerodactyl in your last slot and put something else on your Aegislash like Substitute, or even keep double Wide Guard if you like it a lot.
well mega zard y would currently have free roam over you team so maybe a mega to put him in his place since you team is really powerful by itself Smile

Maybe mega aerodactal or you can go mega ttar if your ok with the sand.

Mega mence also fits into your team as can gallade and lopunny. Lastly kangs a solid option as always.
(Jan 1, 2015, 03:38 PM)Peppermint Wrote: You already have Milotic on your team to deal with Intimidate, so I suggest switching Bisharp out for Mega-Mawile. Anyway, I think you should try a Wide Guard Aerodactyl in your last slot and put something else on your Aegislash like Substitute, or even keep double Wide Guard if you like it a lot.

That's actually a really good suggestion, thanks! I used Mawile in VGC '14 and really like her typing. I've used Subs Aegi before and liked it so maybe I'll try that.

I have a question though, why would you use Aerodactyl over Aegi? I mean he doesn't get hit by EQ which is nice... and isn't Aero faster than Aegi too?

(Jan 1, 2015, 03:39 PM)evilsabre Wrote: well mega zard y would currently have free roam over you team so maybe a mega to put him in his place since you team is really powerful by itself Smile

Maybe mega aerodactal or you can go mega ttar if your ok with the sand.

Mega mence also fits into your team as can gallade and lopunny. Lastly kangs a solid option as always.

Thanks for the suggestions! And I almost was going to use Facade Kang just to troll... lol.
this team is weak to ground and fire
weakness chart here. http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?70...25|350|681
your last member should be something to help with that weakness
(Jan 1, 2015, 03:57 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: this team is weak to ground and fire
weakness chart here. http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?70...25|350|681
your last member should be something to help with that weakness

I'm getting rid of Bisharp and adding M-Mawile. And I do have Milotic to cover those weaknesses. Should I add another Poke to cover though just incase? What would you suggest?
i would definitely get something in to threaten zard Y since milotic gets obliterated by him in the sun then the other members of your team don't appriciate sun boosted heat waves to say the least Smile
(Jan 1, 2015, 04:02 PM)evilsabre Wrote: i would definitely get something in to threaten zard Y since milotic gets obliterated by him in the sun then the other members of your team don't appriciate sun boosted heat waves to say the least Smile

True dat. Would Landorus be a good choice?
i think so i'm not seriously analyzing it atm though XD
I'll test out Landorus for now and see how it goes. :p Here's my updated team.

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Def / 200 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Return
- Shadow Ball

Kato (Raichu) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 28 HP / 4 Def / 220 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Protect

Fishy (Milotic) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 54 HP / 40 Def / 162 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Safeguard
- Recover

Sword Thing (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 40 Def / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 24 SpA
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Flying Thing (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide (originally had Stone Edge bc Landorus could attack if Wide Guard was up. We'll see how this goes.)
- U-turn
- Substitute