Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Justins Winning Team with Spreads
Hey guys after my team ended up winning yesterdays tournament with Justin using it for the 1st time i figured it was worth revealing it here since i think the vast majority of my my pokemon spreads are now known minus i think 2 moves on scizor and that's mostly because Justin never used him prior to to the very last match. Just so everyone is aware of my background in VGC i started 2 weeks ago and this is my 2nd team it was/still is mostly untested having been used only 3 times prior to the tournament and successfully went 2-1 in my testing before managing a 4 - 1 record in the tournament.

[Image: 350-f.gif]

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
Level: 50
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Protect
- Ice Beam

The famous miltotic that seemed to get so many people rooting for her after several clutch survivals thoughout the tournament and getting some key burns with scald. The spread ensures she has an odd amount of hp at level 50 while maximizing her defense to take both physical attacks and using her insanely high base special defense to tank incoming special hits admittedly this is not designed to take thunderbolts or other SE hits but the set showed it certainly can unless they crit... Overall i made a risky call when i opted to go for Protect and recover on the set along with leftovers but i think it was the right one it turns milotic into a ticking clock for a foe as if they are unable to finish her she keep restoring hp and chipping away at her foes and with her insane staying power it lets her get the most out of the competitive boost allowing her to stay on the field and turn intimidates into huge power boosts (pretty much giving her a special variant of huge power should they intimidate). Overall i think and i'm sure many other people would agree with me when i say milotic really is the mvp of the team as she appeared in all 5 tournament games the team played i believe and either created threat or carried the rest of the team with an attitude that simply said "i don't even need a mega to wipe the floor with teams." But seriously gamefreak please give her a mega. :D Milotics ended up being almost my personal stamp on my teams almost never going unused despite other better options available when my least favorite type is water and milotic somehow ends up as possibly my favorite pokemon you know she's never getting left behind :D

[Image: mega-gallade-shiny.png]

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch

Not really excelling but not weighing the side down by any means gallade did his job as he showed his stab cc is capable of decimating the hp of mega mawille through reflect and others who threatened the team. Not only proving he's a viable mega in VGC but one who packs a real punch with inner focus blocking fake out he can heavily mess with fake out users and with his fantastic 110 base speed after evolving along with 165 base attack his punches are not only deadly but swift to. While i believe i need to fine tune the set more i was relatively happy with how he did in the tournament vs some incredibly tough opposition especially in the form of mega mawille who he was never really designed to go head to head with but i was relieved to see how well he did do.

[Image: 212-f.gif]

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Knock Off
- Protect

Despite us not really seeing her at all during the tournament she possibly ended up being one of the biggest factors in decided the final battle despite the fact that Justin knock offed the rotom for 95 base power instead of bug biting it for 135 base power along with eating the sitrus berry given how rotom only had 25% of his hp left a max damage roll on the bug bite may have decided the final there as if rotom went down then the two subsequent crits from hydro pump and thunderbolt may have never happened and the team may have a much easier time finishing the match off but ohh well that's RNG for you as well as what an inexperience can do to a teams chances. But she does her job well for the team destroying dark, fairy, physic and ghost types along with almost anything else that doesn't resist her, while the burn, intimidate and reflect of the match may have stopped her from showing just how powerful she can be when unhindered. With her metal/insect (steel/bug) type and her very nice base def along with a little extra s def investment she has frequently taken hits of both types and lived to get off attacks where many other scizor would not have.

[Image: 468.gif]

Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 208 HP / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Follow Me
- Roost

As some of you may remember Justin's lack of knowledge of the team was obvious in round 2 on turn 1 when an amoogus gave him that horrible threat of sleep spam luckily for Justin i'd already thought of that issue a few days earlier and had given kiss safety goggles as a precaution. As it turned out that choice may have got Justin into the semi's although kiss barely made a mark after that he is really in this team to disrupt the foe and stop amoogus the set can probably be optimized more but it did its job and i don't know if it really got a chance to show everything it had due to many of the match ups not being ideal for him but he's pulled through in the past for me on battle spot and hopefully he will in future tournaments.

[Image: 445.gif]

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Protect

OHH boy the guy who managed to not only win round 1 of the final and round 3 of the final also manged to nearly lose both rounds as well this set probably needs alot more fine tuning the jolly nature is likely to come back in along with iron head i had expecting to see far more of sylveon in the tournament probably will go to be replaced by the tried and true dragon claw. Overall his job was to deal with mega zard Y while also serving as a solid option when slyveon was paired with one of them since no one expects the iron head. I can only praise Justin for somehow making this set work in the final the way he did but i think its fairly clear to everyone this guy needs an overhaul in order to be more usable.

[Image: 479-wash.gif]

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 44 SpA / 140 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Probably one of my least liked pokemon in the entire national dex with his stupid forms etc i can't really avoid using him since no other pokemon did what i needed from the last spot on the team with will o wisp to soften up physical foes thunderbolt to deal with water types. I'm not going to sing of his exploits but needless to say he pulls his weight. The builds aaron cybertrons from 2014 from his analysis video so you can check that out here if you want more information.

Overall i think the team performed well bar one or two issues that i will be addressing before i attempt to use the team although the temptation to retire the team as champions is also huge. I guess this is the feeling you get owning and training a prize winning racehorse even if you didn't ride it as i couldn't be happier about my team and its huge success. Propelling Justin to his 1st win of 2015 and i'm hoping to see several more across the year, admittedly i will be looking for my own number 1 finish at some point but given my battling skills that might take a while longer XD.
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
Congrats on building a tournament winning team Evilsabre & also to Justin!
#TeamForum

I like the team a lot. It's filled with good, reliable mons with a unique touch.
I absolutely HATE Togekiss forever now lol
At least Mitch didn't get Paraflinched like Anime's Klang :P (I'm sorry if you did, I was busy working on my team at your battle)

But as I said in the stream: I love this build Evil! But why do you run both protect and recover on Milotic? I mean it works in the tourney but it would make more sense to run a move like toxic on her since walls like Cresselia still exist. I'm sorry if there is a obvious reason why you run both tho which probably has something to do with the Leftover recovery :D
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

(Jan 4, 2015, 09:08 AM)mitchmaster24 Wrote: I absolutely HATE Togekiss forever now lol

Not as much as I hate Amoongus....
(Jan 4, 2015, 09:13 AM)Eckley Wrote:
(Jan 4, 2015, 09:08 AM)mitchmaster24 Wrote: I absolutely HATE Togekiss forever now lol

Not as much as I hate Amoongus....

LOL at this
#TeamForum

its for staling for extra lefties eeveeli + i prefer burns to toxic as toxic takes time to ramp up meaning until the 4th turn you no better off protect gives you huge play-making potential as you can negate all damage done i did originally run icy wind but i found i preferred this set its a personal choice but I've found it pays dividends over the other moves i've tried.

Admittedly i am thinking of maybe swamping protect for mirror coat to absol-lutely wreck those thunderous and rotom wash who think thunderbolting milotic is a good idea :D on a more serious note light screen also works as well as providing team utility.
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
I wonder how this team will fare against my own team as well as the new one. Btw did anyone other than me was screaming at Justin to bug bite the rotom-w? Anyone?
yes black read the scizor section Smile trust me it was so bad knowing all the movesets i nearly jumped for joy when i saw the leads of the last match XD the only time scizors supposed to knock off is when u need to clear a non berry item or when both main stab do less damage after technician and stab etc
Evilsabre