Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Mega Manectric Moveset - Special Attacker
[Image: wild_mega_manectric_by_vanhiko-d709fxo.jpg]
by Vanhiko
[Image: 310-mega.gif]
(VGC) Mega Manectric - Attack (Special Attacker)
Typing: Electric
Base Stats: HP: 70 / Attack: 75 / Defense: 60 / Sp. Atk: 105 / Sp. Def: 60 / Speed: 105
Mega Stats: HP: 70 / Attack: 75 / Defense: 80 / Sp. Atk: 135 / Sp. Def 80 / Speed: 135
Immune: None
Neutral: Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Poison, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Fairy[ all 1x ]
Resist: Normal, Electric, Flying, Steel [ all 1/2x ]
Weak: Ground [ all 1/2x ]
Style: Attack
Variant: Special Attacker

Abilities
Static: The opponent has a 30% chance of being induced with PARALYZE when using an attack, that requires physical contact, against this Pokémon.
Lightning Rod:Electric-type moves are drawn to this Pokémon. Electric-type moves will do no damage and the Pokémon's SP ATK is raised one stage. If the Pokémon is Ground-type, moves are drawn to it, but it gets no boost.
Minus:When battling with Plus or Minus, Special Attack increases by 50%.
Intimidate(MEGA):Upon entering battle, the opponent’s Attack lowers one stage. In a Double Battle, both opponents’ Attack are lowered. Pokémon with the Clear Body, Hyper Cutter, or White Smoke ability are unaffected. In a link battle, if both sides switch on the same turn, and first player sends out a Pokémon with Intimidate, the opponent’s Attack will be lowered before the opponent’s Pokémon switches.

Overview
Alot of people were excited for Manectric getting a mega but its wasn't like we thought he would be, Mega Menectric is an amazing pokemon with really high Special Attack and Speed, he can quickly dispose of foes with moves such as Overheat, and Thunderbolt. The Main issue with Mega Manectric is his defenses with a Base Defense and Special Defense of 60, while not mega, he cant take many hits. While his mega evolution did increase his Defense and Special Defense to 80 he's still a little fragile, he also gets a 30 Base stat increase to his Special Attack and Speed putting them at 135, with that speed it allows his to out speed many pokemon, also his new special attack allows him to do some massive damage. With moves such as Discharge he can be a very good VGC pokemon.

Mega Special Attacker
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature

- Overheat / Volt Switch
- Overheat / Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Protect

Overview
-Outspeeds pokemon such as Garchomp, Mega Gengar, and Salamance (before Mega Evolution), and choice scarf Tyranitar

This is one of the basic sets for Mega Menectric, the main purpose of this set is to try to defeat as many opponents as possible. Due to Manectric low defenses Volt Switch is a really good move that allows you to switch out to avoid taking damage that would most-likey faint manectric. Giveing Manectric Hidden Power Ice allows him to outspeed and kill pokemon such as Garchomp and Landorus-T. Hidden Power Ice can also be good against pokemon such as M-Sceptile and M-Salamance. Thunderbolt is one of your main attacks that can 0HKO Talonflame, and M-Charizard and do a decent amount of damage to Suicune, Milotic and Thundurus. Overheat is your all out attack to do some Massive damage but will lower his Special attack by 2 Stages. To round it out we have Protect, if you think switching out would cause more trouble than staying in than Protect can is the move for you, it allows you to protect yourself from taking some damage, and if you can predict your opponent your can turn the tides. The lightning Rod ability makes him immune to electric attacks and he will getting a boost, a standard non mega manectric with something such as a wash rotom is a good pair.

Standard Set
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Flamethrower / Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice / Snarl / Volt Switch
- Protect
Overview
-Outspeeds most pokemon

This is another standard set but it has a couple differences. For starters we still have Volt Switch to get out of tough situations, you also have Hidden Power Ice for pokemon such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, M-Sceptile, and M-Salamance, we have thunderbolt for pokemon such as Talonflame, M-Charizard, Suicune, Milotic and Thundurus. We also have Overheat to deal a ton of damage for that final attack. And finally from the recurring moves we have Protect to save you from taking damage. Now on to the new moves, Flamethrower is a good substitute for overheat because it still does a good amount of damage and it doesnt lower your special attack, this move is really good against pokemon such as Bisharp, Aegislash, and Ferrothorn. Finally Snarl is an amazing move that is a wide range move (his both opponents) that lowers your opponent's special attack, this move can be super helpful and help your team survive many more hits, plus when Manectric mega's his ability Intimidate will lower the Attack of all opponents so your have something for Special and Physical Attackers.

Other Options

Mega Manectric has alot of moves that could be useful but i has to depend on the team you have and here are some of them:

Thunder:
This move does a ton of damage and under Rain its accuracy goes to 100% ensuring that your destroy your foes.
Charge Beam:
Lets just start by saying, yes, charge beam is just a weaker thunderbolt but the thing about charge beam is the chance to raise Manectric's special attack, paired with a move such as Overheat, this could do a bunch of damage, the only thing about it is the chance of raising your special attack isnt the best but it could benefit.
Eerie Impulse:
Eerie Impulse is a cool move that not alot of pokemon have, this move decreases the opponents special attack by two stages, this can help massively against pokemon such as gardevior or suicune.
Electric Terrain:
Using Electric Terrain will create a field affect that prevents grounded pokemon from falling asleep while also boosting your electric moves by 50%, this could be used to deal alot of damage will also preventing pokemon like wash rotom from using rest.
Electro Ball:
This move does more damage the higher your pokemons speed stat is compared to your opponents, since manectric is one of the fastest pokemon you can insure it would be doing some good amount of damage.
Magnet Rise:
Since Manectric's only weakness is ground, Magnet rise could be a good move to use to prevent your from taking some super-effective damage and probably fainting.
Quick Attack:
This can be used to get rid of those pokemon that have survived with low health, although Manectric is primarily a special attacker, quick attack will usually do enough damage to get the kill
Shock Wave:
This move probably wont be used often but the good thing about this move is that it ignores accuracy or evasiveness, so if you are going against those pecky double team amoongus (im looking at you Eckley Kappa), you could do some ok damage but it would get the good done.
Substitute:
This move can save you from alot of damage, it can be very useful in a situation were you know the substitute is gonna stay there from a while.
Thunder Wave:
Although Manectric is one of the fastest pokemon there are still some pokemon that out speed him and thats where thunder wave comes in, while also slowing them down it has a chance of preventing them from attacking for a whole turn.

Team Options
There are some pokemon that can work really well with Mega Manectric, for example Politoed with its Drizzle ability paired with Thunder from Manetric can do alot of damage. Another good pokemon to pair with Manectric is Amoongus, Amoongus can use Rage powder to take alot of hits that would normally do alot of damage to Manectric, also with moves such as Spore you can put them to sleep and allow Manectric to finish him off. Finally pokemon such as Garchomp who are ground types are really good to pair with Manectric, your can protect his weaknesses and also Manectric can use Discharge without the fear of fainting an Ally

Build Calculations

Offensive Calculations:

252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 232 HP / 80 SpD Suicune: 134-158 (65.6 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 216-254 (140.2 - 164.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 79-94 (43.6 - 51.9%) -- 13.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 156-184 (91.2 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 172-204 (104.2 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Milotic: 134-158 (66.3 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 61-73 (42.3 - 50.6%) -- 3.5% chance to 2HKO

Defensive Calculations:

With Intimidate:
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 123-145 (84.8 - 100%) -- 0.4% chance to OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 63-75 (43.4 - 51.7%) -- 10.5% chance to 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 43-51 (29.6 - 35.1%) -- 17.4% chance to 3HKO

Without Intimidate:
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 180-214 (124.1 - 147.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 156-184 (91.2 - 107.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Manectric: 115-136 (79.3 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Manectric: 130-154 (89.6 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 216-254 (140.2 - 164.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 123-145 (84.8 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Speed Tier:

Mega Manectric with a Postive Nature can out speed tons of pokemon such as Weavile, Noivern, Greninja, M-Metagross, M-Gallade, M-Charizard, M-Kangaskhan, basically you dont have to work about too many pokemon outspeeding you but some pokemon to look out for are Sharf Hydreigon, Scarf Excadrill, M-Lopunny and you should especially watch out for Scarf Landorus-T because it can outspeed and EQ

Summary

Basically Mega Manectric is a really fast hard hitting pokemon that kinda fragile, if you can cover his weaknesses your are sure to rekt some mons Kappa

Note: I used Black(Kiev)'s Pokemon Analysis Layout style :P

Hope you guys like it, if you have any suggestions please say so Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
This is really nice and well done by you AnimeKid even though you did plagiarized my style :P but I don't mind. I haven't used a Mega Maneyric for a long time since my first subscriber tourney which got me to 2nd place. Alright enough with all that, I definately see potential for Mega Manetric in this new Metagame since it has access to Lightningrod to soak up all Electric attacks on its side of the field. The only issue I have using Manetric is when to Mega Evolve especially when Bisharp or Milotic can retaliate with a boosted attack thanks to their ability.

Mega Manetric definately has competition considering there are better Megas and the opputinty cost is raw less when usin something like Rotom-A, Zapdos, Thundurus-I/T and Raikou.
Great build anime. Remember, however, that a scarfed Lando-T outspeeds Manectric even with a Neutral nature so that will be a problem.
[Insert signature here]
(Mar 5, 2015, 06:59 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: Shock Wave:
This move probably wont be used often but the good thing about this move is that it ignores accuracy or evasiveness, so if you are going against those pecky double team amoongus (im looking at you Eckley Kappa), you could do some ok damage but it would get the good done.

Using it just for this Kappa
Great build Anime :D
(Mar 5, 2015, 08:03 PM)Black117 Wrote: This is really nice and well done by you AnimeKid even though you did plagiarized my style :P but I don't mind. I haven't used a Mega Maneyric for a long time since my first subscriber tourney which got me to 2nd place. Alright enough with all that, I definately see potential for Mega Manetric in this new Metagame since it has access to Lightningrod to soak up all Electric attacks on its side of the field. The only issue I have using Manetric is when to Mega Evolve especially when Bisharp or Milotic can retaliate with a boosted attack thanks to their ability.

Mega Manetric definately has competition considering there are better Megas and the opputinty cost is raw less when usin something like Rotom-A, Zapdos, Thundurus-I/T and Raikou.

Thanks Kiev, I wanted to try my luck and make a decent analysis and your layout was just a good thing to base it of. :P
(Mar 5, 2015, 11:09 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Great build anime. Remember, however, that a scarfed Lando-T outspeeds Manectric even with a Neutral nature so that will be a problem.

I'll add this to the post, thanks Marc :P
(Mar 6, 2015, 04:25 AM)Eckley Wrote:
(Mar 5, 2015, 06:59 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: Shock Wave:

Using it just for this Kappa
Great build Anime :D

Glad you liked it Kappa