Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] OHKO 100% Gimmick, Teambuilding Help Needed!
Hi guys this time back with another post, trust me i usually don't do these but this time i wanna work around a cool gimmick that i saw on showdown (the idea isn't mine, nor would be the credit of it's potential success). the title sounds kinda click bait but you will get 100% OHKO'es from this gimmick, trust me. so let's just jump into this, hope it'll be worth it:

So i was just testing some team on showdown can't recall it correctly, then a team with a lead match up of a wormadam and machamp popped out to me. i was literally like "what an idiot!" who would use that *yes it was me, the lord of non-meta* and then skill swaps into his no guard machamp and then uses 100% accurate fissures :P however i was able to handle this wormadam in time before it completely wrecked me and handle the match, the match was forfeited at the spot so i wasn't able to get more from the team. from the things i drew from the battle, decided to build around a team for the gimmick

Though i haven't build a solid team, i wanna ask for some suggestions based around the idea, following are some things i took notes of as just an idea of wormadam, machamp and the rest slapped on the team, though it wasn't a failure:
. The team faces a constant fear of taunts, magic bounce, ally switch xatu is something i have used before and could work out here, oblivos mons, e.g mega slowbro and slowking.
. the team requires OHKO moves and skill swap to transport the ability.
. There are many ground immunities in the current meta, hence horn drill lapras was something i used as for a test.
. The team should have a bulky nature and good speed control (trick room in this case)
. The team should have strong strategy to beat thundurus +landorus, i figured wide guard and quick guard on machamp for the purpose.

Hope u guys have some ideas for the betterment to this idea into a team, Bye for now!
no leave now OHKO moves are bad. Pls no this falls in the same category as DV and Minimize Psych up. GG no re. But in all seriousness an OHKO move strategy is kind of a waste of time. Why waste that time setting up when you can just OHKO most threats with a super effective strong STAB move or move in general.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Verlisify actually did a Fan Friday on a Skill Swap Wormadan battle I did. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzxSYjP-_Lc

If you want to find super gimmicky sets, you can just brows through Fan Friday, there is some awesome stuff. (I'm not bragging or anything, but if you search JVP, you will get a few battles that are pretty good. Just sayin)
I too made it to a fan friday. All because of smeargle though.

Smeargle is your absolute best bet. It learns everything you want. Dark void, skill swap into the machamp, now you're sending out oko moves with smeargle.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
(Aug 25, 2015, 06:01 AM)MudkipLegend Wrote: no leave now OHKO moves are bad. Pls no this falls in the same category as DV and Minimize Psych up. GG no re. But in all seriousness an OHKO move strategy is kind of a waste of time. Why waste that time setting up when you can just OHKO most threats with a super effective strong STAB move or move in general.

I take the same stance on this.

Gimmicky teams get slaughtered by players who are prepared for them and Skill Swapping No Guard from Machamp unto Smeargle then spamming Sheer Cold is a pretty old strategy that I've seen used on showdown and battle spot by Japanese players.
[Insert signature here]