Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 16 Official Rules: GULP!
Unless i am missing something, M-Kang, P-Groudon, Xerneas, Cresselia, Landorus-T, Thundurus will be the new standard team (guess what? it's CHALKT with Heatran replaced by P-Groudon and Xerneas replacing Amoonguss)

Yeah.. there is clearly room for Dialga, M-Ray, P-Kyogre and other stuffs but if i have to choose 2 Ubers for my team taking in consideration overall coverage, sweeping potential and typing, i'm sure that P-Groudon and Geomancy Xerneas would always be my choices.

I might suggest Quiet P-Groudon w/ Earth Power (90% chance to OHKO an opposing 252HP P-Groudon) and Xerneas w/ Grass Knot as filler 3rd move (at +2 SpA it has 81% chance to OHKO 252HP P-Kyogre and it's a 70-90% damage on 252HP P-Groudon) if you want to use these two.
Hey guys,
I know we shouldn't judge the new ruleset before it is carried in effect, but just for me I somehow dislike the idea of including the ubers and especially the primals. First of all because I think the primals are going to be way to meta defining and everything is going to revolve around them and second because I don't even like playing with legends in the regular game, but yeah that's just my two cents. Also I'm not that of a experienced player so i could also be totally wrong :D
So I just have a question, does anyone has an idea what's going to happen to regular battle spot?
I'm guessing they also will introduce the new rules in the next season so people can train for regionals etc. or am i wrong?
From my side a solution that would make it possible to still play with the 2015 ruleset would be highly appreciated, but I don't know if that's the case and so I don't know if should continue working on my team or better prepare one for the new meta :o
(Dec 12, 2015, 03:05 PM)Taugenichts13 Wrote: Hey guys,
I know we shouldn't judge the new ruleset before it is carried in effect, but just for me I somehow dislike the idea of including the ubers and especially the primals. First of all because I think the primals are going to be way to meta defining and everything is going to revolve around them and second because I don't even like playing with legends in the regular game, but yeah that's just my two cents. Also I'm not that of a experienced player so i could also be totally wrong :D
So I just have a question, does anyone has an idea what's going to happen to regular battle spot?
I'm guessing they also will introduce the new rules in the next season so people can train for regionals etc. or am i wrong?
From my side a solution that would make it possible to still play with the 2015 ruleset would be highly appreciated, but I don't know if that's the case and so I don't know if should continue working on my team or better prepare one for the new meta :o

You are right on the Primal Meta situation my good friend, But other pokemon can be the counters to those pokemon like atm Golduck's Cloud 9 lets it use water attacks in Intense Sun, so Groudon can be OHKO'd with one scald, One Primal down, But it really is fun even if you hate the idea of Ubers just cause its fast paced, you will prolly rarely run into stall.

Regular Battle Spot will allow the new rules eventually when 2016 begins or earlier, depending on how Game Freak views when it should start. But of course the VGC15 format can still be used, people will probably view it as obsolete and no one will want to play it, but there will be a select few who want to.
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
Well, after playing the meta for one day I've came to the conclusion that it isn't much different from VGC'15. Although Pokemon such as Salamence, Gardevoir and Charizard have dropped in usage, the new variation of CHALK (P-Groudon over Heatran and Xerneas in place of either Landorus-T or Amoonguss) is what I saw mostly on the Showdown VGC 2016 ladder.

The mere fact that the meta has already been established before 2016 is pretty discouraging especially because not many formations can take on Groudon/Kang/Xerneas cores.

All the Kang counters from VGC'15 have basically become obsolete. The stallions are extremely non viable this year and Suicune pretty much has no more use. The genies, Zapdos, Cresselia, Entei and Raikou are still being used on a decent frequency.

All I'm saying is, this metagame is going to be challenging in terms of getting any enjoyment out of it seeing as how all teams will be forced to run a Primal, Rayquaza or a check to the two. Good job Gamefreak. You totally made VGC LESS RESTRICTIVE
[Insert signature here]
Wow, now it'll be worse than the CHALKT teams in vgc2015, though i gotta say i'd like to see crazy ideas in the weather wars. guess I'll have to wait for vgc2017
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?