Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
(Jun 28, 2015, 09:26 AM)podfighterninja123 Wrote: Ive battled alot of people who think there so superior but alot of people just think there cocky in general, I battled a guy today that literally after i lost to him due to misplays hes like
★2LowCloud: i win anyways
That made me so mad lol why do people have to be like that.

Yeah you get people like that. I've lost count the amount of times I've been called an a**hole (or in many cases something worse) just for playing the game. Someone actually got mad at me for using a full UU team while battling in the UU tier. Normally I just play along, and it makes them even more mad because I'm not retaliating
(Jun 28, 2015, 10:14 AM)naitre Wrote: I usually just laugh and agree with them. Yep, I'm bad. Yes, I'm terrible. No, I don't know how to play this game.

Haha, it's funny seeing how they react. My all time favourite was when I found a battle on showdown and all his/her friends joined (at least I assume they were friends) and he/she was trying to be funny, telling me which moves to use and what plays to make.
I did what they asked.
I won.
There was more salt at the end of that battle than there is in the sea
(Jun 28, 2015, 10:21 AM)Eckley Wrote:
(Jun 28, 2015, 10:14 AM)naitre Wrote: I usually just laugh and agree with them. Yep, I'm bad. Yes, I'm terrible. No, I don't know how to play this game.

Haha, it's funny seeing how they react. My all time favourite was when I found a battle on showdown and all his/her friends joined (at least I assume they were friends) and he/she was trying to be funny, telling me which moves to use and what plays to make.
I did what they asked.
I won.
There was more salt at the end of that battle than there is in the sea
Omg thats amazing lol
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Jun 28, 2015, 05:28 AM)GMX Wrote: Closing thoughts about the International Challenge: never again. 21-9 with 2 disconnections (never happened in more than 500+ games on BP.. infact i thought it was a server problem but it wasn't) and 7 losses against Japan/Korean players. I've never challenged a player with more points than me (my reward for winning a match has always been a miserable amount of points while i had to drop over 20 points for every lost game). Regarding team compositions, i have to admit that Japan meta is quite ahead of ours at the moment (Japan Sand and TR M-Gardevoir are the most popular examples but they aren't even as much popular there as here, there are many other solid cores there around M-Kang too), however i had to face things such as double Prankster lead (Liepard/Sableye + Thundurus insane Swagger + TWave/W-o-W spam + Foul Play combo), Fire Punch M-Kang, Mental Herb Amoonguss, a lot of Jolly Landorus-T (because screw the damage output, i just want to rely on flinches more than you do!) and many other things (mostly based on RNG or situational moves - such as HP Grass M-Gardevoir, yes.. a 2HKO on my poor Gastrodon)

I am unlucky because due to my timezone it is more likely for me to be paired with JPN/KOR players than US players (apart for EU players obviously)

Anyway i hate this RNG based format and i don't really like the pairing system too. You could say: Battle Spot has the same format! Yes, it's still a BO1, but you can't build a RNG based team because BS needs consistency over anything else and you can't really expect to reach higher rated ladders if you rely on Swagger, while you only have to play 30 games in the International Challenge and you may be lucky enough to have the RNG in your favour at least 20 games out of 30, then the tourney is over and you finish with a score of 20-10 with a team you made with no time or effort.

I hope to see an online BO3 format in the future, which would be more than interesting as it would give the appropriate challenge and balance for this kind of competition.

"Conan: The difference is that the US meta is still using strategies that do not work very well in the current Japanese meta anymore, while the Japanese meta seems to be ages ahead of us. I think after Japan Nationals, the US will catch up to the Japanese meta though; kind of like they did last year. You can already see that things like Japan Sand are getting much more popular here."

I agree, the Japanese meta are ahead of us. It's the same thing for smash 4 honestly, another game I play competitively. (much more than pokemon now) Japanese players are just ahead of us. I think it has a lot to do with the greediness of our players. I'll explain: In Japan they can't win money from tournaments. It's illegal. So a lot of smash/pokemon players in America for example, are focused on getting the money/benefits/fame. Players in Japan are more focused on just getting better. That being said, there's nothing wrong with playing the way we do. However, the top players don't really /help/ each other. Which is understandable, the top players are threats to each other. Why would you help them get even better so they could potentially beat you? Japanese players however, all work together to grow and get better. It's more of an "honor" role I guess. Ex: Smash 4 american players pick the top tiers to win. Pokemon american players pick the best pokemon to win. Japanese players experiment more and study the character/pokemon they use, and break down every single outcome.

We can, and will definitely catch up forever. We have a lot of unique teams made by members in this forum, just like the players in Japan do. I'm not saying we can't beat a Japanese player either; I guarantee many of our members can. It's just as a whole: Japan vs America- They'd win. But only for now.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
Stop cress-cress with bisharp or M-heracross (heracross only if you're feeling stupid)
also bumping this thread back up Kappa
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~