Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Pokemon VGC 2015 Metagame Megathread
I'll do some Pokemon I've used on my vgc 15 teams, so I'll do aegislash, i've used him on the intimidate team i let justin use, and i guess for my second pokemon i'd choose Talonflame, ive used him on a couple teams
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
So does this mean I get Aegislash and... Amoongus?!

[Image: misc-are-you-****ing-kidding-me-clean.png]

Only joking, I'll be happy to do a write up on them,  if you want me that is
(May 26, 2015, 04:12 AM)Eckley Wrote: So does this mean I get Aegislash and... Amoongus?!

[Image: misc-are-you-****ing-kidding-me-clean.png]

Only joking, I'll be happy to do a write up on them,  if you want me that is

I called dibs on aegislash but amoongus is all your I know how much you love him very much , it'll bring a tear to my eye when I see that new thread with amoongus in it Kappa
I'm seaching for something new to support M-Mence atm, in particular i want to test both Mesprit and Cobalion, which did some work in a past regional in this early VGC season if i remember correctly.

This is my first Mesprit set that i want to test:

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Imprison
- Trick

@ Outspeeds Choice Scarf Adamant Land-T and gets the surprise OHKO with Ice Beam.
@ Imprison is not affected by Protect and i can use it to disable any Ice Beam from pokemon like Politoed, Ludicolo, Suicune and Milotic, which are threats for M-Mence. Trick can lock a pokemon into Protect, Tailwind or any move in my favour (i can also steal a Sitrus Berry from Politoed or Suicune in the process). I run Psyshock instead of Psychic because it can't OHKO Terrakion anyway, so i can just hit Sylveon for more damage.

It seems so weird to use but there are so many rain teams and Land-T/M-Mence/Garchomp around that this set might also work. I'll tell you in the next days  :P

My Cobalion set is a standard Jolly Expert Belt with Safeguard as its third move.
Okay, I'll do a write up on Amoongus. This is the biggest challenge I've ever faced
(May 26, 2015, 04:30 AM)GMX Wrote: I'm seaching for something new to support M-Mence atm, in particular i want to test both Mesprit and Cobalion, which did some work in a past regional in this early VGC season if i remember correctly.

This is my first Mesprit set that i want to test:

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Imprison
- Trick

@ Outspeeds Choice Scarf Adamant Land-T and gets the surprise OHKO with Ice Beam.
@ Imprison is not affected by Protect and i can use it to disable any Ice Beam from pokemon like Politoed, Ludicolo, Suicune and Milotic, which are threats for M-Mence. Trick can lock a pokemon into Protect, Tailwind or any move in my favour (i can also steal a Sitrus Berry from Politoed or Suicune in the process). I run Psyshock instead of Psychic because it can't OHKO Terrakion anyway, so i can just hit Sylveon for more damage.

It seems so weird to use but there are so many rain teams and Land-T/M-Mence/Garchomp around that this set might also work. I'll tell you in the next days  :P

My Cobalion set is a standard Jolly Expert Belt with Safeguard as its third move.

I can only imagine the absolute horror once they have Politoed and Ludicolo/Kingdra as their last Pokemon while you go with Imprison and use a Storm Drain Pokemon like Cradily Kappa
Nationals in Italy are coming in a week and i've yet to start building a team for it. I want to try something unexpected such as Raikou or my M-Mence + Mesprit + Gastrodon core, but in the end i'll bring a core of M-Kang + Land-T + Thundy for sure kappa
Closing thoughts about the International Challenge: never again. 21-9 with 2 disconnections (never happened in more than 500+ games on BP.. infact i thought it was a server problem but it wasn't) and 7 losses against Japan/Korean players. I've never challenged a player with more points than me (my reward for winning a match has always been a miserable amount of points while i had to drop over 20 points for every lost game). Regarding team compositions, i have to admit that Japan meta is quite ahead of ours at the moment (Japan Sand and TR M-Gardevoir are the most popular examples but they aren't even as much popular there as here, there are many other solid cores there around M-Kang too), however i had to face things such as double Prankster lead (Liepard/Sableye + Thundurus insane Swagger + TWave/W-o-W spam + Foul Play combo), Fire Punch M-Kang, Mental Herb Amoonguss, a lot of Jolly Landorus-T (because screw the damage output, i just want to rely on flinches more than you do!) and many other things (mostly based on RNG or situational moves - such as HP Grass M-Gardevoir, yes.. a 2HKO on my poor Gastrodon)

I am unlucky because due to my timezone it is more likely for me to be paired with JPN/KOR players than US players (apart for EU players obviously)

Anyway i hate this RNG based format and i don't really like the pairing system too. You could say: Battle Spot has the same format! Yes, it's still a BO1, but you can't build a RNG based team because BS needs consistency over anything else and you can't really expect to reach higher rated ladders if you rely on Swagger, while you only have to play 30 games in the International Challenge and you may be lucky enough to have the RNG in your favour at least 20 games out of 30, then the tourney is over and you finish with a score of 20-10 with a team you made with no time or effort.

I hope to see an online BO3 format in the future, which would be more than interesting as it would give the appropriate challenge and balance for this kind of competition.
(Jun 28, 2015, 05:28 AM)GMX Wrote: Anyway i hate this RNG based format and i don't really like the pairing system too. You could say: Battle Spot has the same format! Yes, it's still a BO1, but you can't build a RNG based team because BS needs consistency over anything else and you can't really expect to reach higher rated ladders if you rely on Swagger, while you only have to play 30 games in the International Challenge and you may be lucky enough to have the RNG in your favour at least 20 games out of 30, then the tourney is over and you finish with a score of 20-10 with a team you made with no time or effort.

I agree with best of 3 because i get really frustrated with this stupid RNG, i have lost tons, apon tons of battles, for example yesturday i lost a match because my talonflame got flinch 3 turns in a row and in another battle both my pokemon got flinch and one of my pokemon got parahax's i just wish they would lower the rate at which things like confusion, or paralysis happen, i love this game but the RNG makes it frustrating
(Jun 28, 2015, 08:44 AM)naitre Wrote:
(Jun 28, 2015, 06:19 AM)Animekid7 Wrote:
(Jun 28, 2015, 05:28 AM)GMX Wrote: Anyway i hate this RNG based format and i don't really like the pairing system too. You could say: Battle Spot has the same format! Yes, it's still a BO1, but you can't build a RNG based team because BS needs consistency over anything else and you can't really expect to reach higher rated ladders if you rely on Swagger, while you only have to play 30 games in the International Challenge and you may be lucky enough to have the RNG in your favour at least 20 games out of 30, then the tourney is over and you finish with a score of 20-10 with a team you made with no time or effort.

I agree with best of 3 because i get really frustrated with this stupid RNG, i have lost tons, apon tons of battles, for example yesturday i lost a match because my talonflame got flinch 3 turns in a row and in another battle both my pokemon got flinch and one of my pokemon got parahax's i just wish they would lower the rate at which things like confusion, or paralysis happen, i love this  game but the RNG makes it frustrating

Unfortunately, no matter how much you out-skill your opponent, you're still prone to lose due to bad luck. It's just the nature of the game and one of the things Rogue always gets extremely irritated with. Sometimes he'll get mad and say, "What's the point of making all these great plays when I can just spore and paraflinch my opponent to win?" and I don't really have a good answer.

It's a fundamental flaw in the system I think. You can't call a game truly competitive if there's such a large element of RNG involved in it, because there is no way to influence RNG at all. I can't even begin to count the number of times that I've lost because, for example, my opponent got full turns of freeze and three crits, but I couldn't even manage to get off a burn with Scald.

I don't know what the answer is to solving the problem, but I've just accepted it and try not to take it to heart. I play fairly casually, even in ranked competition, because it's just something that's going to happen.

When someone talks trash and acts like they're a better player because of good RNG though...lol. Smile It's also frustrating when someone claims to have lost due to a single crit that honestly didn't matter because I could have KO'd on the roll anyway.
Ive battled alot of people who think there so superior but alot of people just think there cocky in general, I battled a guy today that literally after i lost to him due to misplays hes like
★2LowCloud: i win anyways
That made me so mad lol why do people have to be like that.
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad