Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Rate My VGC Team
Hi I am pretty new to competitive pokemon. This is my first VGC team and would love and appreciate it if someone could give some feedback on i!

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Protect

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Icy Wind

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Voice

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
This looks like a decent start but seeing how all of your pokemon are basically 252/252/4 ev spreads you really are focused on purely offensive, except for the gastrodon. What you should do is test the team out a bit on showdown and see what common pokemon consistently give your team trouble and then try and build an ev spread around that.

Also choice specs sylveon running protect is generally a bad idea. Protect is one of the worst moves to get choice locked into. So your 2 options there are either drop protect for some other move, moonblast maybe to sneak past wide guard aegislashes, or run a non choice item such as pixie plate
(Mar 11, 2015, 01:08 PM)Vexian Wrote: This looks like a decent start but seeing how all of your pokemon are basically 252/252/4 ev spreads you really are focused on purely offensive, except for the gastrodon.  What you should do is test the team out a bit on showdown and see what common pokemon consistently give your team trouble and then try and build an ev spread around that.

Also choice specs sylveon running protect is generally a bad idea. Protect is one of the worst moves to get choice locked into.  So your 2 options there are either drop protect for some other move, moonblast maybe to sneak past wide guard aegislashes, or run a non choice item such as pixie plate

thanks for the feedback also i have tried this team out quite a bit on showdown and it was quite successful. and i have 252/252/4 spreads on pretty much all my pokemon cuz this was my first team and i didnt really know to get a good EV spread on my pokemon. so im just using build friends recommended to me for now until i get better at battling then i will adjust the EV spreads on my pokemon accordingly.
like vexian said its a pretty decent team definatly check up on the evs, or example 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA this ev spread on sylveon with quiet nature can survive a mega kangs return and an iron head from bisharp (this is based on the most used sets), also having iron head on garchomp for even more fairy coverage can help you alot
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Mar 11, 2015, 01:13 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: like vexian said its a pretty decent team definitely  check up on the evs, or example 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA this ev spread on sylveon with quiet nature can survive a mega kangs return and an iron head from bisharp (this is based on the most used sets), also having iron head on garchomp for even more fairy coverage can help you alot

great thank you ill try that it out on showdown and see how it goes from there Smile. also if i put iron head on garchomp what move do u think i should get rid of on him. im guessing ur gonna say fireblast but i like fireblast on the garchomp especially when mega charizard y drought ability comes into play.
Also consider running protect on some of the more fragile pokemon. In vgc doubles, protect is probably one of the most important moves you could add to your move set. Granted it's hard to sometimes chose what to add and what to cut but a well predicted protect can often swing the battle from a loss to a win
(Mar 11, 2015, 01:19 PM)Vexian Wrote: Also consider running protect on some of the more fragile pokemon. In vgc doubles, protect is probably one of the most important moves you could add to your move set. Granted it's hard to sometimes chose what to add and what to cut but a well predicted protect can often swing the battle from a loss to a win

oh crap i forgot to update this build i have i copied and pasted this from pokemon showdown. i already put on protect on my charizard which helped me out alot. i learned that the hard way lol.
dont use fire blast on charizard use air slash and spread the evs on all your pokemon
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
(Mar 11, 2015, 01:46 PM)Chimchared7 Wrote: dont use fire blast on charizard use air slash and spread the evs on all your pokemon

yea ill test out air slash on showdown and see. and ill change the EVS probably within the week and post and update to my team and see what everyone thinks next week.
8/10 Bulk needs to spread out in the EV spreads and this team can do very well.