Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Social Experiment Happy Holidays
This is something for everyone here to try, I have come up with the basis of a team and buy that I mean I have the pokemon, items, and movesets done.  Your job as a community is to come up with what the EV's should be.  I want to see what this community is made of because I do not know who most of you are yet a lot of you know who I am so here we go.

[Image: politoed-gif.26940]

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance

[Image: raikou.gif]

Raikou @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder
- Snarl
- Protect

[Image: Mega-Mawile_XY.gif]

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Careful Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Protect

[Image: ludicolo.gif]

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

[Image: Landorus_Therian_Forme_XY.gif]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Protect

[Image: latios.gif]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect
Follow me at http://www.twitch.tv/jediverrilli

Saturday November 5th is Extra Life day. I will be streaming for 24 hours starting at 12:30pm

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuse...tID=232041 if you wish to donate.
Well here's my attempt its probably  horrific but since i'm relatively new to vgc and i'm yet to find any kind of database for vgc builds i'm in the dark for the most part since i have never used any of these pokemon except mawille (i ran an entirely different nature in singles last year so i doubt my knowledge of that does me much good year...) and i don't know the common threats to them (nuggetbridge doesn't appear to have any Sad)

Main Things i did gave ludicolo 172 speed to outspeed anyone except ninjask (but he's not exactly common) in rain mostly to ensure he can outspeed mega aerodactal although you could drop this to 156 to just outspeed the likely M - swampert sets that run 152 speed. Then i gave raikou 224 speed to always outspeed tornadus who could turn the rain against the team. For mawille and politoad i maximized their offensive power while trying to improve their bulk. For latios i just went for a singles set i dno about this spread though for doubles. As for landerous you could sneak less speed but i dno the speed tiers v well so i maximized it to give him the largest number of outspeeds possible i also swapped protect for knock off as protect on a scarf set seemed like an error.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance

Raikou @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder
- Snarl
- Protect

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect
Politoed:

Politoed @ Damp Rock
EVs: 170 HP / 252 SpA / 86 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance

Raikou @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder
- Snarl
- Protect

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Atk / 20 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 HP / 136 Def / 80 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

I am surprised by using thunder on Raikou though Smile Happy Holidays!
cuz rain team oreo 100% accuracy :D but why non multiples of 4 on raikous spread?
(Dec 24, 2014, 08:32 AM)evilsabre Wrote: cuz rain team oreo 100% accuracy :D but why non multiples of 4 on raikous spread?

My bad lol
i think you did it again on ludicolo as well 130 is not a multiple of 4 XD

Edit: its an easy mistake to make though i mean pity me i have to work out stuff in binary, hexadecimal, decimal (this is normal numbers for most people) and work in 4's for pokemon.
Here is my Ev spread. In general, this team is too fast and offensive that it is out-classed by other teams with defensive pokemon and Trick Room. I would replace Landorus-T and Latios for something that can provide support for the teammates of Mega-Mawile and Ludicolo which are the core of offense. I used this team on Smogon Showdown and came across some problems such as Bisharp/Milotic and Trick Room. Anyway it is a good team for starting to build.

[Image: politoed.gif]
Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 68 SpA / 84 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Scald

The EVs are like Alex's at 2014 US Nationals; survive and dish out hits and keep the rain up

[Image: raikou.gif]
Raikou @ Shuca Berry
Level: 50
EVs: 88 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quash/Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Snarl
- Protect

The EVs allow it to be 2OHKO by almost anything and I would give it speed control such Quash or T-Wave so you can Paralyzed M-Kanga or M-Charizard or Quash Garchomp max speed.

[Image: mawile-mega.gif]
Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head

The EVs are designed to survive hits but Mawile has 2 key weakness that now have more access to them (with the move tutors Heat Wave and Earth Power, TM Earthquake, and the expanded Pokedex). Most teams I faced try to take advantage of the rain trying to OHKO Mega-Mawile with a water move.

[Image: ludicolo.gif]
Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 72 HP / 36 Def / 144 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

This is the EVs I created for another Ludi that I used on another team I made. I made it so Ice Beam can OHKO 4x weakness such as Garchomp, Salamence, and Landorus-T. It can out-speed a lot of Fake-out users and Choice Scarf users. It can survive for a while and dash out hits.

[Image: landorus-therian.gif]
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower/Knock Off
- U-turn

The 168 speed EVs with Choice Scarf allow it to out-speed Max speed Talonflame. This is good for to dish out quick-hard hits but Earthquake can only be used once with Mawile/Raikou using protect and Latios is the only pokemon that cannot be hit by Landorus-T's EQ. When using this I thought of using Rock Slide/U-Turn before using Earthquake.

[Image: latios.gif]
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Ugh the EVs are for singles. I find it way to hard to use this in VGC. Latios is too frail to invest bulk and Draco may only 2OHKO a non-super effective pokemon that is denfensive.

Good Luck and
Happy Holidays
(Dec 24, 2014, 04:24 AM)evilsabre Wrote: Well here's my attempt its probably  horrific but since i'm relatively new to vgc and i'm yet to find any kind of database for vgc builds i'm in the dark for the most part since i have never used any of these pokemon except mawille (i ran an entirely different nature in singles last year so i doubt my knowledge of that does me much good year...) and i don't know the common threats to them (nuggetbridge doesn't appear to have any Sad)

On nuggetbridge you can actually search any pokemon and find team reports with that pokemon in it. The reports will always have EV spreads and if they aren't 252/252 the writer will always tell you what it does -- from there you can choose to see if you like them. You can also check the Global Link for info about what each poke is threatened by.
I decided to have a crack at this team makeup so here's what I got. For each pokemon, I'll go over individually about the purpose of their ev spread and some additional comments about the team iteself.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 228 HP / 36 Def / 84 SpA / 100 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Since the entire makeup of this team is revolved around rain, I opted to give Politoed staying power while maintaining enough offensive presence with its rain boosted attacks. Politoed's has enough investment to survive some of the strongest attacks in the format such as standard jolly Mega Kangaskhan's return, timid pixilate hyper voice from Mega Gardevoir, most unboosted thunderbolts from all Rotom forms, Raikou, Thundurus, etc. In return, Politoed can 2hko most of these threats mention with either a rain boosted scald or hydro pump. I decided to give Politoed enough speed to speed creep base 77 pokemon like neutral speed Heatan with no investment. The rest of the ev points I decided to dump into special attack since Politoed needs a some special attack investment to 2hko most pokemon unresistant to rain boosted attacks.

Raikou @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder
- Snarl
- Protect

Initially I had the impression that this Raikou build was meant to be one of the main special attackers of this team so I opted for a 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spd spread. Then I realized maybe this Raikou build is suppose to be a special attacker control for the team by spamming snarl. Thanks to snarl's being able to reduce the special attack by one stage to both opposing pokemon, this allows the team to add artificial special bulk. Honestly I tried making a more bulky Raikou set with an ev spread of 32 HP / 44 Def / 160 SpA / 44 SpD / 228 the ev points weren't as optimal. I decided to keep Raikou's original ev spread since the snarl attacks were enough to counteract against special attackers like Mega Gardevoir, Mega Char Y, Thundurus, special substitute Aegislash, etc.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate/Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 56 Def / 84 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Sucker Punch

Anyways I had in mind a defensive-oriented Mega Mawile set capable of taking hits from both ends. As a result I maximized Mega Mawile's special bulk to survive three thunderbolts from a standard 252 Spa Thundurus and three heat waves from Mega Charizard Y in the rain. The defense evs are enough to survive a life orb jolly earthquake from Garchomp and from adamant Landorus (unboosted) with 252 Atk investment. The 44 speed is for speed creeping against opposing Mega Mawiles, Azumarills, Hariyama, and other base 50 speed pokemon. The rest of the evs I allocated for attack to maximize Mega Mawile's attack power since it is the main battering ram for this team.

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 180 HP / 84 Def / 148 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

I guess this is the standard Ludicolo everyone except that I gave it more speed and less hp investment. The speed investment is enough to any pokemon with a speed of 199 and below an speed tie against base 130 positive pokemon. The special attack is enough to ohko garchomps without special defense investment or standard Landorus-t without any investment as well.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 76 HP / 204 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Protect

I decided to optimize Landorus-T's evs to outspeed one threat in particular: dark void smeargle. The ev spread given is enough to outspeed positive nature scarfed Smeagles with 252 speed investment by two points. This is also enough to outspeed threats such as Mega Manetric, Mega Lopunny,  Talonflame, etc. Combination of earthquake and rock slide with the given investment is enough to 2hko the majority of the meta. This is sorta the standard offensive scarf Landorus-t everyone will be seeing so not much to say.

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Protect

I think Latios main goal for this team is to outspeed base 108 theats and below as well as dent pokemon like Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss with it stab psyshock. Not much to say other than allocating a some ev points gain one point each in hp, defense, and special defense. Honestly there isn't much to change from this spread since Latios needs special attack investment to a least ohko standard offensive threats like Thundurus, Garchomp, Terrakion, Landorus-t, and other threats from either psyshock or Draco Meteor. Giving Latios additional ev investment to either defensive stats won't compensate its role as the the premier heavy hitting special attacker for this team.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Politoed
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 156 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature

Raikou
EVs: 108 HP / 204 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature

Mawile-Mega
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature

Ludicolo
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Def / 76 SpA / 172 SpD / 36 Spe