Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Speed Boost Item
I went against a Celesteela in the February International and it had an item that would boost its speed after its first turn each time it entered. It worked multiple times in the game and it was so effective that it made his Celesteela the fastest Pokémon in the battle.

Does anyone know what item this is?
choice scarf. it boosts speed by 1.5x, but locks you into the first move you select upon entering the field. Overall one of my favorite items, giving lots of suprises, like Alex Ogloza's scarf politoed that won 2014 nationals for him lol
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
This item activated after his first turn. And he used multiple moves.
Did you save the battle? If so drop the code ;-;

Can you tell us more about it? Were there certain terrain's in use? What moves did it use, were you using intimidate?
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
Unfortunately I didn't save the battle. I guess he was just using Flame Charge, but I swear that one time his speed boost activated after he protected the first turn.

Also, the speed boost from Flame Charge shouldn't be so great that Celesteela would go from slowest to fastest Pokémon right?

There were different terrains in use throughout the battle.
Celesteela gets the move autotamize which makes it lighter and raises speed. Holding an adrenaline orb while being intimidated will also raise speed, but that only works once. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades
Like Honjunhu mentioned, there aren't many items which boosts Celesteela's speed stat immediate for one turn aside Adrenaline Orb, which boosts the speed of Celesteela by 50%. Even so, Celesteela needs to have a ton of speed investment to outspeed most of the format, though will to get outspeed by things like Timid Tapu Koko. Granted I've seen some Celesteela run Flame Charge to boost their speed by one stage every use, though despite the popularity isn't as effective.

unless the guy was running quick claw of course.