Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Spring Break VGC Forum Tourney (3/22/2015) {over}
Spring Break VGC  Forum Tourney (22/3/2015)
[Image: commission__battle_maison_by_mark331-d734oyw.png]
credits to mark331

Tourney

Alright after our successful tourney back in February I have decided to host forum tourneys every now and then just to help players get use to VGC style battling. This is going to be VGC, not Smogon so anything with the exception of the Soul Dew isn't banned. This is going to be a live 3DS Tourney and every participate (including me the host) will have opportunity to test their VGC battling skills. Don't worry I won't participate, only monitor the tourney only. Anyone of all skill sets are invited to battle against each other, just make sure to read the rules.

GRAND PRIZE WINNERS

An entire set of seven Mega Pokemon all battle ready and legal to use in battle spot! MEGA STONES INCLUDED!

THIS IS THE FINAL OUTCOME

1st Place: Z2Porygon

2nd Place: Vexian

3rd Place: AnimeKid

Honorable Mention: Chimcharred7

Grand Prize:

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Level: 50
EVs: 20 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 60 SpD / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- EarthQuake
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 212 HP / 92 Atk / 60 Def / 20 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Double-Edge

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Evs: 220 HP / 52 Atk / 20 Def / 36 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
– Iron Head
– Zen Headbutt
– Ice Punch
– Protect

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpA / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 44 SpA / 20 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch

Registration

I will be using a "Battlefy" as our main tournament format considering how well it has gone smoothly IMO. For those interested in competing in this tournament, first setup a "Battlefy" account to register, next click the "Join" button. There you'll be asked for the password (VGC2015) and you will be entered. After you have logged in, please give out the following information such as friend code, in-game-name, twitch name, and forum name. As of right now, I'll keep this at a limit of 32 people, considering this is my first time setting up a tournament like this.

Check In

On March 22th, the tournament "check in" will start at about 10:00 AM Pacific and last for about 1 hour (11:00 Am ) so everyone can be here on time for the tourney.  To confirm you are here on Saturday, log in on the tournament website at Battlfly and click the "Check in" option. Now I am gonna give out a disclaimer that people should only join this tournament if they can participate throughout the whole day. If you are not here by the top of the hour, then I won't seed you into the tournament. Just as a precarious note, if you have plans or cannot participate in the tournament throughout the entire duration then please refrain from participating (though you can still spectate at the VGC 2015 Forum Chat). The reason why I asked is because if in case people start dropping out for their reasons, their won't be a good amount of seeding combinations and can cause a bit of confusion and delay.

Tournament rules

Here are some rules and some regulations about the tournament. Please read through when considering to join.

- As mentioned, the tournament will be on March 22th, 2015 with check in at 10:00 AM-11:00 AM Pacific time (GMT:-8).

- If less than 8 people show up to the tournament, I'll be forced to reschedule for another week or so.

- Standard VGC 15 rules apply. If you don't know the ruleset, here's a link to nuggetbridge for the official 2015 VGC ruleset.

- The first part of the tournament will be 5 rounds of Swiss, best of one. Players with the best records out of 5 battles will go through in top cut. Please be here throughout the duration of the tournament otherwise the I'll be force to drop you out.

- Top cut will be at 8 people (or 4 depending on the size of turnout), single elimination, best of three. This is somewhat made liberal so that everyone have a greater chance at the main prize.

- Each round will last a maximum of 25 minutes. If your battle is not completed by then the host (me) has final say on issuing a win, loss, or tie. Though minimize or any particular long terms"etup" strategy isn't banned (IDK stockpile spam), please do NOT abuse these strategies to their fullest. Yes I know most all-setup teams aren't banned by VGC, we need to go by as fast as possible just to and this is going to slow everything down.

- As far as pokemon legality goes, you can bring any pokemon as long as it complies to VGC 2015 rules and aren't obvious hacks (ie over 510+ evs, illegal movesets/abilities). Likewise I don't want people to assert claims about the opposing team not being "legit" and I want this tourney to run smoothly.

- I thought about this rule a while back and will implement it as well. There will be a battle time limit for about 25 minutes.  Once the battle has passed about 25 mins, the players have to stop battling immediately. IF there is a battle that goes past the 25 minute mark, both players can stop the battle via "forfeiting", and MUST save the battle as proof if they have either won/lose depending on standard battle timer rules. My decision to  implement this new rule is partly to avoid having long stall battles drag out. Frankly we are gonna treat this like any sanction pokemon rules when it come with the battle timer, the person who has the most pokemon wins. Otherwise if there is an equal amount of pokemon from both sides, the person with the largest health percentage wins the battle.

-HONOR RULE: Once either player are done with their matches, they must save the match, and report if they either won or loss. All players are encouraged to report battle codes but I don't need them unless a dispute happens in which I'll have someone review the match. I really don't need battle codes for all swiss rounds except only for top cut battles.

-Disconnections: If there is a disconnection in the battle, both players are entitled to have another match with their conditions (same leads, different mons), without any penalties. However if it is notice that one of the Player's internet connection isn't working properly, unfortunately I will be force to drop that person out after 3 DCs.

Important Update:
Since we have 12 people registered, here's plan a contingency plan for the tourney. To be honest, if only like 8 people show up to battle I'll just host a Bo3 format single elimination and the that will be all for today. Reasoning for this is there might be people who might forget and there's a possibility we won't have necessary amount of players to continue. Besides, Swiss rounds will take up the majority of the tourney as well and it be pointless to have this particular format without maybe at least 10 participates. If there's only 9  then I'll join as well to makeup for the number.

For that matter, I have decided to cut one round of Swiss, making it total at about 4 just to save time. Hopefully we can have top cut start about an hour and a half right after the tournaments begins. Top cut will only consist of four people unless a total of 16 people join the tourney, which then I'll extend it for 8 participates. I'll make a schedule of the tourney just to keep track of time.
-
-NOTE: I will be working on this page and the battlefy page throughout the week so its more clear and accurate.  

Countdown to "Check In"

Here's a countdown link of the tournament.
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/gen...um+Tourney

Link to the Tournament
IN PROGRESS
http://battlefy.com/black117/vgc-spring-...e0ab2/info

Report Codes
I'll make a thread for this soon

FORUM CHAT
http://www.twitch.tv/vgc2015forum/

Password: VGC2015
I'm in this.
GMT +1 here, i would like to partecipate but i can't :/
I'm in :D
Hopefully I do as well as I did in chim's mini tourney yesterday, but we'll have to see :P
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Mar 16, 2015, 04:13 AM)Animekid7 Wrote: I'm in :D
Hopefully I do as well as I did in chim's mini tourney yesterday, but we'll have to see :P
Oh yeah I forgot about chim's tourney. How did you do in that tourney? Was there a considerable turnout?
(Mar 16, 2015, 04:19 AM)Black117 Wrote:
(Mar 16, 2015, 04:13 AM)Animekid7 Wrote: I'm in :D
Oh yeah I forgot about chim's tourney. How did you do in that tourney? Was there a considerable turnout?

I won :D, and i think there was only one person who signed up and wasnt able to participate, so it was pretty well, i think there was a least 8 people who participated.
Count me in on this too. I need some practice
Well that's good to hear that you won it all. I'm hoping for a moderate turnout as well for this tourney.
(Mar 16, 2015, 05:44 AM)Black117 Wrote: Well that's good to hear that you won it all. I'm hoping for a moderate turnout as well for this tourney.

yeah spring break seems like a good time so we may get more people due to not being in school, thats saying usually alot of people plan vacations, but it should still be a considerable amount
I'll join, finally made a really nice team and need to test its strength in a tournament