Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Tornadus Moveset - Support
[Image: 250px-641Tornadus.png]
Type: Flying
Weaknesses: Ice(2X) Electric(2x) Rock(2X)
Resistances: Figting(.5X) Bug(.5X) Grass(.5X)
Immune To: Ground
Abilities: Prankster- Raises non-damaging moves' priority by one stage.
                     Defiant- Raises attack two stages upon having any stat lowered.

Base Stats: HP: 79, Atk: 115, Def: 70, SpA: 125, SpD: 80, Spe: 111

The Set:

[Image: EP721_Tornadus_(2).jpg]

Tornadus @Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs:252 HP, 100 Def, 28 SpA, 100 SpD, 28 Spe
Calm Nature
-Taunt
-Tailwind
-Hurricane
-Protect

In my opinion Tornadus is under rated in the VGC format. The reason I think this is, is because his counterpart Thundurus can some what be flexed into this role as well, whilst being electric type to deal with the water types. But Torndaus gets a move Thundurus cant...Tailwind. Yes Tailwind, who doesn't like that priority tailwind, I know what you guys are thinking "But Yugi what about Talonflame with Gale Wings, that makes Tailwind priority." Yes you guys are right but Talonflame isn't as bulky as Tornadus. Taunt is another nice move to have as well, the reason for taunt is to basically shut down any set up pokemon. Mainly right now to shut down an Amoongus Spore or a Togekiss Follow me and the one everyone hates to stop a Minimize Clefable. Now the reason i went with Hurricane over Air Slash is because the chance to confuse, and I know what you're all thinking now "but Yugi air slash has a chance to flinch," and though that my be true I'll get to the reason behind Hurricane more later. Obviously Protect is a really nice thing to have on a pokemon in VGC to maybe catch your opponent on an over prediction, also it can come in really clutch if you use moves like wish.

Damage Calcs:

Offensive

28 SpA Tornadus Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 144-170 (68.2 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
28 SpA Tornadus Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 186-218 (84.1 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
28 SpA Tornadus Hurricane vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 78-93 (43 - 51.3%) -- 5.5% chance to 2HKO
28 SpA Tornadus Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Breloom: 460-544 (340.7 - 402.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
28 SpA Tornadus Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blaziken: 186-218 (120 - 140.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Deffensive

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Tornadus: 175-208 (94 - 111.8%) -- 74.6% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Tornadus: 79-94 (42.4 - 50.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 100+ SpD Tornadus: 106-126 (56.9 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Tornadus: 90-106 (48.3 - 56.9%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
36 SpA Cresselia Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 100+ SpD Tornadus: 56-66 (30.1 - 35.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 100+ SpD Tornadus: 66-78 (35.4 - 41.9%) -- 82.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

(I know these aren't what most people run don't worry its just to show you calcs :P)

Potential Team Members

Ok remember when I said I would go into detail why I chose Hurricane instead of Air Slash...well here's the reason. The reason lies in the potential team mates.

-Politoed/Any potential rain setter: Yes, that's right rain. That's the reason for Hurricane, Hurricane in the rain hits 100% of the time when in the rain and deals more damage than air slash.

-Aegislash/any Wide Guard user: This pokemon is really nice to have as a potential team mate for Tornadus due to the fact it gets Wide Guard which is nice to protect against Rock Slides. Aegislash works well in the rain as well.

-Mega Salamence: Now I know you guys are probably scratching your heads on why I said Mega Mence,well heres the reason. The reason is in the Tailwind, even though every pokemon can take advantage of Tailwind Mega Mence cant take the most from it. Being a heavy hitter Mence can deal a lot of damage when moving first even though Mence is a fast pokemon with out Tailwind it's nice to have.

Potential Weaknesses

Landorus T: This is most likely the most obvious in potential weaknesses. Landorus hits hard with his Rock Slide. If it's scarfed then it will out speed though it won't get the KO on Tornadus, it will deal a lot of damage.

Politoed: I know this is kind of contradicting the fact that it could be a potential team member, but it is also a threat. Politoed hits hard with an ice beam again it won't KO but it will deal a ton of damage

Basically you want to watch out for any Rock Slide users and pokemon with Ice beam so make sure you have a check to those pokemon.

Conclusion

In conclusion I feel that Tornadus is really underated in VGC. It has such a diverse move pool this set is one of many. You can run it Physical, Special, Support...you name it you most likely can run it. Its bulk is up there, though not the best it can still tank some hits. With having Tailwind your pokemon will outspeed the likes of Scarf Lando being able to with stand a Rock Slide and getting off an Ice beam onto it, if you using it along side Politoed. Hurricane, as i mentioned hits 100% of the time in rain and can deal substantial damage to anything weak to flying and just do a decent amount of neutral damage as well. I hope this post has inspired you guys to try out Tornadus, Thanks for reading hope you enjoy the set. If you do try it out reply with how it's working out for you Smile.

The Resident Duelist of PokemonForever    

VGC enthusiast!
                                                                                   The Yugi Moto of pokemon

Awesome jon Trav, its cool to see tornados once and while with all the landos and thunds :D

even thought it cost me a 1st place in justin's tourney Kappa
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Sep 7, 2015, 07:34 AM)Animekid7 Wrote: Awesome jon Trav, its cool to see tornados once and while with all the landos and thunds :D

even thought it cost me a 1st place in justin's tourney Kappa
Thanks Anime :D and yeah it is nice to see some Torndaus now and again Smile

VGC enthusiast!
                                                                                   The Yugi Moto of pokemon

Cool Tornadus, I doubt I'll run it as Thundurus works much better in my teams. It is cool to see a working Tornadus set without Defiant (-; . You misspelled Defensive btw.
I liked to use it as a manual rain setter with M-Swampert as its partner (Tornadus can also OHKO with Hurricane most of the Grass types that threaten M-Swampert)
This is very useful to me as Im investigating tornadus as an option on a team of mine. Great read!
Nice Tornadus build ill probably use this sometime :D
(Sep 7, 2015, 09:54 AM)MegaGallade475 Wrote: Cool Tornadus, I doubt I'll run it as Thundurus works much better in my teams. It is cool to see a working Tornadus set without Defiant (-; . You misspelled Defensive btw.

HAHA thanks for that I put an extra F haha :P

VGC enthusiast!
                                                                                   The Yugi Moto of pokemon

Pretty decent Tornadus set Travis. For some reason the EV spread looks weird because you distributed 100 into each defense stat but I'm assuming that was deliberate.
[Insert signature here]
you can go mid-def-offensive
Tornadus @chesto berry
Ability: Prankster
EV'S;252 atk/252 spd/4sp.def
jolly Nature
-superpower
-knock off
-rest
-acrobatics/u-turn