Poll: Do you want VGC 2016 to be based on the new ORAS Battle Spot (basically no "Pentagon Rule")
Yes
No
Seismic Toss Kang is Scurry
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Transferred Pokemon to be Allowed Starting on ORAS Battle Spot from Sept. 15
"We don't want people to hack anymore" "yea go one and delete the pentagon. That will stop them"

As you can see i'm not really happy with it hahah but at least it opens op some nice options! Even though the CHALK teams will be even harder to beat/be used even more. (or like you mentioned VGC peeps have to move to showdown because of this all)
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

I absolutely want to try these things:

Body Slam M-Kang (yes, you have 30% chance of paralyzing on both hits)
Eruption Heatran (i still don't know if Scarfed or Quiet in Trick Room)
Defiant LO Tornadus (it has access to physical moves such as STAB Acrobatics, Knock Off, U-Turn, Smack Down and Superpower)
Double-Edge M-Pinsir (why not :P)
I see both positives and negatives for both sides tbh.

The pentagon rule forced people to breed but I guess thats now out of the window.
I just started playing pokemon again so 70% of my pokemon are from previos couldn't hit the the rating battles.

I guess this favours me more.
I have a serious question besides all this, and maybe i'm wrong, but does this mean, that now Ladder will be a load of Hacked pokemons (with illegal IV's/ Moves and stuff). Is it tru that now hacked mons can easily spam the ladder, following the no-pentagon rule? or is it just me?
I am sure that TPCi will hold special checks to check and quarantine the stuff from official tournaments, but the main prob is the Ranking series of youtubers being a downfall *no more quality learning*
Plz help cuz i freak out whenever i think of it!
My Goomy be with us Kappa
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
Sturdy Shedinja everybody! We could get a Safety Goggles Sturdy Shedinja.

As for Kang, I don't get what is so bad about Seismic Toss with him. Sure, it does 100 Damage in VGC, but that is far from a KO. Even on a Cresselia, Double Edge, or even Return would do more damage. Could someone explain this to me?
(Sep 12, 2015, 09:06 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote: I have a serious question besides all this, and maybe i'm wrong, but does this mean, that now Ladder will be a load of Hacked pokemons (with illegal IV's/ Moves and stuff). Is it tru that now hacked mons can easily spam the ladder, following the no-pentagon rule? or is it just me?
I am sure that TPCi will hold special checks to check and quarantine the stuff from official tournaments, but the main prob is the Ranking series of youtubers being a downfall *no more quality learning*
Plz help cuz i freak out whenever i think of it!

I'm gonna be blunt with you....yes and no. Yes as in there are still gonna be people who actually "know" how to powersave/pokegen their Pokemon from this generation or previous games, but honestly TCPI won't ever figure out how to stop one day. You know something that's been true, that won't stop people from hacking or powersaving to get better Pokemon. Battle Spot has been give far stricter hack checks so you cannot bring a pokemon with an illegal moveset, met location, or any other stuff that's not possible within the games. Sure your record won't be on the battle spot rankings on the Pokemon Global Link if you use a powersaved Pokemon but you really need to practice with your team and don't give a crap about ratings. What I'm trying to get at is worry about the practicing the game, rather than just complain about hack mons we can't do anything about.

Well if this is eventually gonna be the "new" ruleset, then for sure the TOs and the organizers from Play Pokemon are gonna have a difficult time memorizing all the event exclusive Pokemon from previous generations. If you are still practicing for VGC 15 tournaments, I suggest to go on showdown so that you can get 100% practice if certain move tutors are gonna come back. If you do try battle spot for VGC 15 practice, you can write off your losses if something like follow me magmar helped contribute to your lose but at least know how to deal with them.
(Sep 12, 2015, 09:47 AM)Delta Wrote: Sturdy Shedinja everybody! We could get a Safety Goggles Sturdy Shedinja.

As for Kang, I don't get what is so bad about Seismic Toss with him. Sure, it does 100 Damage in VGC, but that is far from a KO. Even on a Cresselia, Double Edge, or even Return would do more damage. Could someone explain this to me?

Most pokemon reach a not- so healthy HP stat, as at an every i'd say around 170-80 or so, this followed by a attack from partner can crush everything. things will tend to run more HP, if this becomes a common thing
And KissLoom is new meta
(Sep 12, 2015, 10:01 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote:
(Sep 12, 2015, 09:47 AM)Delta Wrote: Sturdy Shedinja everybody! We could get a Safety Goggles Sturdy Shedinja.

Most pokemon reach a not- so healthy HP stat, as at an every i'd say around 170-80 or so, this followed by a attack from partner can crush everything. things will tend to run more HP, if this becomes a common thing
And KissLoom is new meta

Well, I guess Seismic Toss works kinda well on Heatran.

Also, #KissLoomNewMeta4Lyf
I feel that this could be something interesting for just Battle Spot only. follow me blastoise and magmortar are someting I personaly would like to try out, as for them being allowed in tourneys that is a different story. Yes it would be cool to use the pokemon from past events in tourneys, but still I feel that they should differentiate the rules from battle spot. They should come up with a new rule set for vgc 2016, like banning legends, or banning kang, things like that. Again it could be interesting to see a follow my eviolite wartortal (which is something i mentioned i wanted to try soo bad). But I guess we have to just see how things pan out.
The Resident Duelist of PokemonForever    

VGC enthusiast!
                                                                                   The Yugi Moto of pokemon