Ability: Water Absorb
- Brine
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Freeze-Dry

Show and tell:

Team(s): Bisharp/Gengar/Lapras/Gardevoir vs Politoed/Ludicolo/Mawile/Talonflame
Results: Win

Team(s): Bisharp/Garchomp/Gengar/Lapras vs Cofagrigus/Rotom-W/Talonflame/Aegislash

Team(s): Bisharp/Gengar/Lapras/Arcanine vs Cresselia/Camerupt/Cradily/Gallade

Team(s): Gengar/Arcanine/Lapras/Garchomp vs Tyranitar/Lopunny/Dragonite/???
Results: Loss

Team(s): Arcanine/Lapras/Gardevoir/Garchomp vs Charizard/Suicune/Togekiss/Aegislash

Team(s): Garchomp/Bisharp/Gardevoir/Lapras vs Suicune/Thundurus-I/Altaria/Infernape

Team(s): Bisharp/Gengar/Garchomp/Lapras vs Bisharp/Suicune/Thundurus-I/Garchomp

vs Unknown XIII
1) Team(s): Gengar/Garchomp/Lapras/Arcanine vs Mamoswine/Thundurus-I/Venusaur/Greninja

2)Team(s): Gengar/Garchomp/Lapras/Gardevoir vs Thundurus-I/Dragonite/Mamoswine/Venusaur
If you're shaky on your moveset for bisharp, I would say always run sucker punch/knock off. Both are incredibly good to have and Knock Off is can literally win you the game sometimes. Same with sucker punch, especially if you run sash.

Is the brick break on Aegislash for people who run reflect/light screen? Pretty cool idea. It can be iffy because things like bulky kang get 3HKO by it and something like sacred sword would have been more beneficial. I like the idea though and I might even try it honestly!

I think helping hand/protect/scald/focusblast or something like Encore would be really nice. People don't know this, but your scald will be doing just as much damage as an ice beam would be against things that are weak to ice but neutral to water. Due to rain/STAB.

108+ SpA Politoed Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T in Rain: 186-218 (94.8 - 111.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

108+ SpA Politoed Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 184-220 (93.8 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

in the case of things that are 2x weak to water but 4x weak to ice ^

108+ SpA Politoed Scald vs. 212 HP / 96 SpD Thundurus in Rain: 84-99 (46.4 - 54.6%) -- 57% chance to 2HKO

108+ SpA Politoed Ice Beam vs. 212 HP / 96 SpD Thundurus: 84-100 (46.4 - 55.2%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO

in the case of things being 2x weak to ice but neutral to water ^

Tyranitar I don't have much of an opinion on sadly. :C
Thats up to you, both work well on your team. Mega and AV.

All in all I think this is a good team! I could see Landorus giving your team some trouble, but bisharp has a chance to OHKO with sucker punch from the defiant boost/Politoed can give it a fright too. Heatran can also be a threat but you also have a pair to deal with that. If you wanna work on being even safer of those 2, you could. But honestly they only threaten you, not necessarily outright beat you. Ya know?
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
Last time, on:

(Jan 15, 2015, 11:56 PM)Rogue Wrote: If you're shaky on your moveset for bisharp, I would say always run sucker punch/knock off. Both are incredibly good to have and Knock Off is can literally win you the game sometimes. Same with sucker punch, especially if you run sash.
Yeah, my original build on him in X/Y was Sucker Punch/Iron Head/Taunt/Protect.  Before Knock Off was confirmed as move tutor I was going to keep this build.  I'll probably switch Foul Play back to Sucker Punch for now and play the waiting game on how the meta turns out.

Quote:Is the brick break on Aegislash for people who run reflect/light screen? Pretty cool idea. It can be iffy because things like bulky kang get 3HKO by it and something like sacred sword would have been more beneficial. I like the idea though and I might even try it honestly!
It is indeed, I don't know why but the walls have always been at the forefront of my mind whenever I build a team.  Brick Break does become a bit more handy if/when Weakness Policy goes off, but as you say Sacred Sword is more beneficial.  Again, I will probably swap it out for the time being and play the cards same as Bisharp.

Quote:I think helping hand/protect/scald/focusblast or something like Encore would be really nice. People don't know this, but your scald will be doing just as much damage as an ice beam would be against things that are weak to ice but neutral to water. Due to rain/STAB.

108+ SpA Politoed Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T in Rain: 186-218 (94.8 - 111.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

108+ SpA Politoed Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 184-220 (93.8 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

in the case of things that are 2x weak to water but 4x weak to ice ^

108+ SpA Politoed Scald vs. 212 HP / 96 SpD Thundurus in Rain: 84-99 (46.4 - 54.6%) -- 57% chance to 2HKO

108+ SpA Politoed Ice Beam vs. 212 HP / 96 SpD Thundurus: 84-100 (46.4 - 55.2%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO

in the case of things being 2x weak to ice but neutral to water ^
Yeah, the only numbers I seem to have run, against Mr. Calrissian, is Scald vs your 184 HP, 88 S.DEF build in the meta thread.  Comes out to about 114-135 outside of rain,  and about 170-201 in it.  Looks like I've got more numbers to run.  Encore is something that I'll think about.

Quote:Tyranitar I don't have much of an opinion on sadly. :C
Thats up to you, both work well on your team. Mega and AV.
Yeah, T-tar can do just about everything there is.  I like AV build but the extra physical bulk and attack help, guess it's another set of cards to test (just added her recently, haven't gotten much testing in this format yet).  I thought about running a Lightning Rod Marowack in this slot with some of these: Earthquake/Fire Punch/Thunder Punch/ Knock Off, don't know how well it would do however.

Quote:All in all I think this is a good team! I could see Landorus giving your team some trouble, but bisharp has a chance to OHKO with sucker punch from the defiant boost/Politoed can give it a fright too. Heatran can also be a threat but you also have a pair to deal with that. If you wanna work on being even safer of those 2, you could. But honestly they only threaten you, not necessarily outright beat you. Ya know?
Heatran I actually haven't given much thought to since I'm running Politoed to counter those heavy fire hitters.  Won't always work out but will help in most cases.  Inadvertently, I brought on Tyranitar because she can use Earthquake to go against steel and fire types.  EQ users were the big focus on how I built my defenses for this team, I knew I would need a Wide Guard somewhere but didn't know who.  Thundurus is just plain annoying, I kept Quick Guard on Talonflame to keep up with his Prankster Swagger's and Thunder Wave's.

The biggest weakness I always see whenever I finish brainstorming is no grass move coverage, at all.  A pain in my *** if I go up again M-Swampert or the likes /=.
Back again, updated my team a little bit and modified a good portion of the roster. I had a really dirty idea recently to help improve Bisharp's survivability. Want to test it out first, since I have to swap around more pokemon to give it a shot before I put it up for trail.

But for now, with this team, I feel like I'm a little lacking with Lapras and Gardevoir at the moment. They have helped out tremendous, but I feel like I'm lacking something (no not a mega). The biggest thing I can think of is week fighting vs normal coverage, Loppuney and Kangaskhan have given me some trouble if I can't get a thunder wave or WoW off on them.