Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What are users of Pokemonforever getting from the website?
Hello, my name is Bright_Shadow21, but most people call me Bright.

I created this post so we could have a general discussion about what people are getting out of the website.
Personally, I use this website to look at competitive pokemon builds, especially rate my teams, I find them fascinating what people come up with and I like to look at teams that have been used for competitive tournaments such as Nationals and Worlds. I often browse the general discussion section of the forum, I like to see what people are talking about when it comes to pokemon, I saw a post on "What is everyones favourite pokemon?" It was interesting reading everyones replies and it was a good way for everyone to find out a little more about each other and was a little ice breaker for new users as well as those people who are a little scared to post huge detailed threads on builds or competitive movesets.

So my question to you is what do you use this website for?
I look forward to reading all of your replies. Also thank you for taking some of your time to read this and hopefully take part.
Bright_Shadow21
I use this website to laugh at @Rogue's posts and to read @Black117's team reports.

Sometimes @naitre can be funny too and/or tries to make a team report (such as that useless M-Beedrill team), but i'm quite sure there's always Rogue watching over those posts.

PS: i am from the website, but i doubt someone not from the website can answer to this topic.
(Aug 26, 2015, 06:37 AM)GMX Wrote: I use this website to laugh at @Rogue's posts and to read @Black117's team reports.

Sometimes @naitre can be funny too and/or tries to make a team report (such as that useless M-Beedrill team), but i'm quite sure there's always Rogue watching over those posts.

PS: i am from the website, but i doubt someone not from the website can answer to this topic.

Thank you for replying and I agree that Naitre is great and funny! The thread is meant for research purposes so that I can help grow the community in certain sections of the forum. I tend to post in the general discussion section and I want for that section to become more active with pokemon related questions or simple day-to-day questions. I want for this website to be a "safe haven" for people to come to, to ask questions about pokemon or general life.
Thanks again for participating.
Bright
(Aug 26, 2015, 05:52 AM)Bright_Shadow21 Wrote: So my question to you is what do you use this website for?

There are several things that I use this website for:
  • To watch Justin's stream when the icon changes from red to green.
  • To learn about Pokemon in general, ORAS is my first game, so I really suck at it.
  • To see what other people do with Pokemon besides playing the campaign. Actually quite scary, all these guys here are VGC competitive players, as someone that doesn't know anything about it, I find it intimidating. I have no idea what they talk about 9/10's of the time.
  • To learn about breeding, I love breeding!
  • To share my breeding creations with other people. Have you visited the thread on my signature?
  • To complain about PowerSaves & Genned Pokemon in competitive play. So unfair! (I don't even battle  :D )
  • To ask for the occasional Pokemon that I can't get in my game nor GTS. Since this is my first Pokemon game, I tend to ask for Pokemon that people don't use at all, but I can't help it, I have never seen other Pokemon besides the glorious 151 from many years ago when I watched the first original season.
  • To help other members if they need a Pokemon that I have.

The list is in no particular order and is it not sponsor by Subway*... yet.

*SUBWAY® is a registered trademark of Doctor's Associates Inc.
© Doctor's Associates Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
New to the Forum? Visit a 5IV Pokemon Giveaway here.

I am Breeder. Need help? Ask away!.

(Aug 26, 2015, 06:49 AM)Bright_Shadow21 Wrote: Thank you for replying and I agree that Naitre is great and funny!

Heart

I come here largely to interact with my forum family, help drive content, do ~*~mod stuff~*~ (read: ban spam bots), and support Justin.
[/quote]

Thank you for your response and I appreciate what you do for the community and I hope I can become as helpful as you and others.
(Aug 26, 2015, 06:59 AM)Luisito Wrote:
(Aug 26, 2015, 05:52 AM)Bright_Shadow21 Wrote: So my question to you is what do you use this website for?

There are several things that I use this website for:
  • To watch Justin's stream when the icon changes from red to green.
  • To learn about Pokemon in general, ORAS is my first game, so I really suck at it.
  • To see what other people do with Pokemon besides playing the campaign. Actually quite scary, all these guys here are VGC competitive players, as someone that doesn't know anything about it, I find it intimidating. I have no idea what they talk about 9/10's of the time.
  • To learn about breeding, I love breeding!
  • To share my breeding creations with other people. Have you visited the thread on my signature?
  • To complain about PowerSaves & Genned Pokemon in competitive play. So unfair! (I don't even battle  :D )
  • To ask for the occasional Pokemon that I can't get in my game nor GTS. Since this is my first Pokemon game, I tend to ask for Pokemon that people don't use at all, but I can't help it, I have never seen other Pokemon besides the glorious 151 from many years ago when I watched the first original season.
  • To help other members if they need a Pokemon that I have.

The list is in no particular order and is it not sponsor by Subway*... yet.

*SUBWAY® is a registered trademark of Doctor's Associates Inc.
© Doctor's Associates Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

Thank you so much for participating. I have noticed you are well known in the "Pokemon Trading, Breeding, & Friend Safari" section of the forum. I have also visited your thread in your signature, and I appreciate people like you who are here to help people within the community with giveaways and other services. But I am quite capable of breeding myself, feel more proud when I breed them myself Smile
I use the website to rip off movesets cause I'm too lazy to make my own lel
(Aug 26, 2015, 07:45 AM)Bucsfan818 Wrote: I use the website to rip off movesets cause I'm too lazy to make my own lel

Thank you for replying and participating in my thread. You arent the only one who does that, I often *borrow* peoples movesets too.
(Aug 26, 2015, 06:37 AM)GMX Wrote: Sometimes @naitre can be funny too and/or tries to make a team report (such as that useless M-Beedrill team), but i'm quite sure there's always Rogue watching over those posts.

That Mega Beedrill team made my laptop explode. It lit me on fire. It stole my soul. It Flame Choked me into another dimension. It warlocked punched me into the twilight zone. Be careful what you say about it.

(Aug 26, 2015, 06:56 AM)naitre Wrote: I come here largely to interact with my forum family

Am I part of said family or have I been disowned for being too cool? Cool

@Bright To answer your question, I use the website mainly to talk to other people - or as Naitre put it my "Forum Family"

If I can help out with anything, I'll do whatever I can, but for the most part I'm pretty useless here and usually end up destroying threads with stupid posts of videos or dog pictures. This is one of my finest examples B)

speaking of, it's about time a posted a dog gif. Here is a dog riding a dolphin. Enjoy

[Image: giphy.gif]
Quote:If I can help out with anything, I'll do whatever I can, but for the most part I'm pretty useless here and usually end up destroying threads with stupid posts of videos or dog pictures.

speaking of, it's about time a posted a dog gif. Here is a dog riding a dolphin. Enjoy

[Image: giphy.gif]

Thank you for your post and thank you for participating. What has been seen, cant be unseen :o