Poll: To what extend does anyone want to discuss in the Pokemon Sun & Moon News / Timeline thread?
This poll is closed.
Complete discussion with spoilers
80.00%
32 80.00%
Complete discussion without "early copy" / leaked Information not "Corocoro"
10.00%
4 10.00%
Discussion without any spoilers
10.00%
4 10.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokemon Sun & Moon News Thread (Will Contain Pre-Launch Spoilers)
Incoming text wall!

After my post above I paused and gave it some heavy thought. If you look at the Dex numbers of the Eeveelutions (not including the original three evos here), you'll see that the first Eeveelution of the gen is weak to the second Eeveelution of the gen. I'm thinking that because Sylveon was a solo release, the next Eeveelution is going to strong against Fairy instead of weak. This would mean Poison or Steel.

However, Sylveon's solo release broke the mold from prior gens, so it is quite possible that the next Eeveelution is actually weak against Fairy. Eeveelution weaknesses against each other are normally of the super effective variety instead of the half-damage variety, so I'm excluding Fire Poison and Steel from my musings. That would leave Fighting, Dragon, or Dark. This totally fits the picture showcasing Krookodile which is Ground/Dark, and Pangoro who is Fighting/Dark! And because of those two being in the picture, I'd actually hazard a guess that we could be getting a Dragon Eeveelution!

Or maybe.. Hm.. Krookodile is a good matchup against Magiana imo. That would leave Pangoro vs. Eevee. Pangoro's Fighting moves would be super effective against Eevee's Normal typing, so for all I know we might even get a Normal Eeveelution. Rock, Dark, and Steel are also weak to Pangoro's Fighting moves.

If you theorize that Sylveon is going to be a standalone Eeveelution for gen 6, that also changes things up. The first Eeveelution of a gen has always been neutral towards the last Eeveelution of the previous gen, such as Espeon vs. Flareon, and Leafeon vs. Umbreon. If you exclude Eeveelution types which already exist, then the types that are neutral against Fairy are Ground, Flying, Rock, and Ghost.

Summary
Follows Standard: Poison and Steel are 'super effective'/strong against Fairy.
Opposite of Standard: Fighting, Dragon, and Dark are 'not very effective'/weak against Fairy. 
Pangoro vs. Eevee: Normal, Rock, Dark, and Steel are weak to Pangoro's Fighting moves.
Fairy = Gen Standalone: Ground, Flying, Rock, and Ghost are neutral against Fairy.

Eeveelution Weaknesses
<-- Vaporeon (#134, Water) <-- Jolteon (#135, Electric) - Flareon (#136, Fire)
Espeon (#196, Psychic) <-- Umbreon (#197, Dark)
Leafeon (#470, Grass) <-- Glaceon (#471, Ice)
Sylveon (#700, Fairy) <-?-> ?????
-----
My Pkmn X Friend Safari - Fire
#1: Growlithe + #2: Larvesta + #3: Braixen
If you don't want your safari info posted, please let me know!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon Sun & Moon News Thread - by Black117 - May 4, 2016, 05:37 AM
RE: Pokemon Sun & Moon News Thread - by Shev - May 4, 2016, 07:18 AM
RE: Pokemon Sun & Moon News Thread - by jouzea - May 4, 2016, 07:28 AM
RE: Pokemon Sun & Moon News Thread - by Marcusube - May 4, 2016, 07:43 AM
RE: Pokemon Sun & Moon News Thread - by Tharsin - May 6, 2016, 09:35 AM
RE: Pokemon Sun & Moon News Thread - by jouzea - May 4, 2016, 08:11 AM
RE: Pokemon Sun & Moon News Thread (Will Contain Pre-Launch Spoilers) - by Lythania - Jun 15, 2016, 10:30 AM