Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] [Spoiler] How to optain the shiny charm in Sun/Moon
(Nov 11, 2016, 08:17 PM)GingerxPug Wrote:
(Nov 11, 2016, 06:30 PM)wundrweapon Wrote: *sigh* Nintendo just put a third layer onto ruining S/M for me :/

2 Questions

1) What's exactly ruining S&M for you

2) Why are you complaining about getting the Shiny Charm must faster and less stressfully Huh

1) firstly, the move effectiveness in the battle menu means that the knowlege of type charts is now almost worthless. I don't mind easy games, but a game series like Pokemon - played by people of all ages - shouldn't be built almost exclusively for the 5-year-olds. Gen III and gen IV did the balancing best with a nice blend of childishness and difficulty. Gen VII won't be like that. Secondly, each generation makes a worse tutorial. I thought that with gen VII, they might realize that the gen V and VI tutorials were actually on-par with gen II (sorta), but if the demo says anything, then that's not true.
2) The Shiny Charm was my only motivation for completing the NatDex. Completing the NatDex was the only thing putting in replay value after finishing the game twice over. By making the shiny charm AlolaDex-only, it means that the only motivation I had to really add fun to a game I'd already finished is gone. Plus, this would add inflation to the shiny market. I like shinies being hard. I like that MM+SC is only a 1/512 chance. I like that getting the 1/512 chance is a long, hard undertaking. But again, the game's being marketed to the 5-year-olds now. Yes, it'll be faster and less stressful to get, but I liked that stress. I liked that speed. I loved the challenge. ORAS was nearly perfect to me, practically equal to Pt. But S/M threw that all away to make my cousin, age four, have a happy Christmas
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Spoiler] How to optain the shiny charm in Sun/Moon - by wundrweapon - Nov 12, 2016, 08:47 AM