Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TEAM REPORT] A 1st place on showdown team report (Part 1)
(Jul 11, 2015, 01:51 PM)Willem Wrote: Thank's man! :D I'm just saying, people who don't name their pokemans doesn't have any creativity Wink I laddered on my alt called ItsAKindOfMagic, I'm 40th something rn, because you lose your rating so fast when you lose like 2 battles xD My main showdown name is SwedishChefVGC, what's your name? I'd love to practice with you some time!

Yeah, there's one team that I have so much problem against. It's a trick room sun team with rhyperior and venusaur, so it has the fast option. But when I face it, I always predict my opponent leading charizard venusaur, so I lead with heatran. But I always lose to rhyperior next to charizard. :/ But the team I used when I was 1600's fairs better against that team. I'll make a team report of it soon! Smile

I have numerous alts, and I've only reached the top of the ladder for VGC once this year. I'm primarily a singles player and with my new job + I play smash 4 competitively now, I have less time and decay a lot. However, I'm gonna set aside some time this week to shoot for first place again on a newer alt: RogueHatesPokemon last time I played, which was almost a week ago I was 1600, so I'm sure I'll have to climb a tiny bit to reach that again, but no biggie.

Honestly, despite what people say: You can face some really incredible opponents at the top of the ladder. Some of the best games I've ever played came from showdown, vs battlespot. Sure, it isn't quit a worlds/nationals battle: But they can be really tight sometimes.

and finally: There's nothing wrong with playing to win. Sure, these mons are some of the best. But it takes more than just slapping 6 strong mons on a team to beat high leveled players. If it was that easy, all of us would be at nats/worlds. :b Super unique teams are hype, but they usually only work best on a BO1 format, not a more competitive field like a B03 unless the team MU is too good.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A 1st place on showdown team report (Part 1) - by Rogue - Jul 12, 2015, 10:46 PM