Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Opinions using Charizard Y in VGC/Doubles
(Aug 30, 2015, 09:11 PM)Justin Wrote: I think support charizard is the only way to run it right now. Tailwind and will o are nasty. give it the bulk to take a rock slide by giving it intimidate user support. seriously non STAB intimidated rockslides are so weak. then tailwind or will-o-wisp and GG. I think flinch is scarier than Rock slide.

I think you were referring to Wolfey Glicke's Mega Charizaed X set since it did have dragon claw and flare blitz with those two moves. Usually you see Will-o-wisp X sets back in XY and Tailwind/Sword Dance (this is my experience using Zard X in Smogon). I never seen Mega Charizard X have both those moves like Wolfey's did yet I'm not surprised since Charizard X is somewhat better defensively than the way version, in fact it can wall Zard Y with its x4 resistant to fire.

Yeah Marcusube I've notice that you need to maintain speed control to win most battles since Charizard Y cannot afford to be hit at least a rock attack. Trick Room Mega Charizard Y can work really well since most Trick Room Pokemon are capable of beating the most common Rock Slide users. I think it's just all about finding those opputinities to sweep/clean up the game with Charizard Y.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions using Charizard Y in VGC/Doubles - by Black117 - Aug 30, 2015, 10:01 PM